Eagle One Products Cheap at Autozone. Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Eagle One Products Cheap at Autozone. Worth it?

Autozone has selected Eagle One products for buy 1 get 1 free After Rebates. I was going to order the more expensive stuff online after reading a bunch of threads in this forum. Then I saw the Autozone ad. Is there a noticeable difference between the Eagle One brand and the more expensive brand? It won't actually hurt the car right? Here's a link to Autozone ad:

http://www.autozone.com/in_our_store...s_circular.htm
Old 05-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Cogito Ergo Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For "over the counter" products I generally recommend Meguiars or Mothers. That said, I've never used Eagle One. My guess is their stuff is perfectly fine. As a great detailer once said, good paint care is 90% prep and 10% product.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Instructor

I was washing my Dad's car this past weekend and he had some Eagle One Wax-as-you-Dry in the garage. It couldn't have been easier to apply and made a noticeable improvement in the appearance of the car (although I doubt it added any protection). Overall, I was very impressed for the type of product and knowing my Dad, he got it cheap or free. I have also used the Eagle One Wheel Cleaner with good results.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:35 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As Vroom stated, Megs and Mothers for the OTC stuff. Both of those manufacturers have had nationwide exposure and many have used their products at one time or another. They both have a wide array of products designed to meet the needs of the consumer. As far as noticeable differences, the best answer I can give you, possibly. Will it hurt the paint? IMO, I don't think so.

BTW, this is not to deter you from trying or purchasing Eagle One, just some food for thought. Picking a product really comes down to personal preferences. There are many reasons why folks prefer a certain brand over another. It's been a proven product and they're extremely satisfied with the results. Others will look for longevity and durability while some will want more depth and reflectivity. Others will also consider ease of use as well as cost. Many folks see the results via pictures and want the same look. I think that's how certain product garners it's reputation.

And to quote Vroom,
Originally Posted by Vroom
As a great detailer once said, good paint care is 90% prep and 10% product.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Instructor

I used to use their A-Z wheel cleaner for a long time, before Meguiars introduced Hot Rims, and I was pleased with the results. I actually used their quick detailer this weekend when I was claying my car. I mainly used it because it was the cheapest that the auto store carried, and because the pro-series Megs that I have at home is too fine that it makes the clay ineffective. I was pretty impressed with their quick detailer, and it also had a really nice scent. It may be worth picking up someof their products if they are buy 1 get 1.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:08 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ninjamyst
Autozone has selected Eagle One products for buy 1 get 1 free After Rebates. I was going to order the more expensive stuff online after reading a bunch of threads in this forum. Then I saw the Autozone ad. Is there a noticeable difference between the Eagle One brand and the more expensive brand? It won't actually hurt the car right? Here's a link to Autozone ad:

http://www.autozone.com/in_our_store...s_circular.htm
1) Expensive products + improper techniques = unhappy owner

2) Cheap products + proper techniques = satisfied owner

3) 2) beats 1) every time.

Purchase the Eagle One products and try them out. Let us know how they work.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:37 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
eagle one Nver-Dull wading polish is great stuff, get two of those. nothing cleans trim, rims or exhaust tips and mufflers as well as this stuff IMO.