Duragloss 951 AquaWax

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 04:06 PM
KBPftmfw

Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts
Duragloss 951 AquaWax

Hey guys. I wanted to put my thoughts out there about a product that I ordered from Pat last week. Normally, I would not post a review like this. This time though, I felt this product warranted an end user's opinion of how good it truthfully is.

Let me preface the actual product review by giving you an idea of what vehicle it is going on. I am using it on my '07 TL Type-S in Kinetic Blue Pearl. KBP is unique as in the shade it will appear almost as a royal blue, but in the sun it can change to an almost teal. It's wicked. And very challenging to find products that will give it depth without muting the flake.

So far I have about 2 coats of ClearKote Vanilla Moose Wax hand glaze and 8 coats of ClearKote Carnauba Moose Wax. Is this overkill? Yes. I am entirely O.C. about my car, just like many of you. I believe in layering. And lots of it. It still takes me quite some time to go through products so no biggie.

So you know my car is clean but the ClearKote DID mute my flake. The depth was there but the flake, not so much.

I ordered Duragloss 951 AquaWax from Patrick on a whim. I always thought spray waxes were snake oil, but I figured why not try it. I was dead, damn wrong!! 951 brought back the flake, gave even MORE depth, has slickness like you wouldn't believe and the scent....oh my, THE SCENT!! My whole garage smells like a coconut. LOL, all scent talk aside, this is an incredible product. It wipes off with no effort and you can visually see the improvement as you work around the vehicle, panel-by-panel. Incredible. The price is right and a little does go a long way. If you haven't added it to your arsenal yet, take it from this skeptic and grab yourself a bottle.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aquawax is an excellent spray sealant! Now that FK1 has FX-100 again though, it blows AW out of the water. Until it came back though, AW was definitely a favorite of mine.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Great testament 95oRANGEcRUSH !
I have to agree with you, DG AW is a stellar product for monthly base coat boosting/protection. A simple spray after washes provides instant protection, with instant clearing. No streaking or smearing, easy to use on all colors.
You can also use it after the surface has been rinsed and there is still standing water. Spray on, and dry your car in the normal fashion for a slightly weakend spray wax.