Detail Day tomorrow, IS250--this sound good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 03:43 PM
F1 cart racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Detail Day tomorrow, IS250--this sound good?

hello,

tomorrow is the day where my one year old Black IS250 gets a full detail for the winter. that summer i did this and sealed the paint before the winter however after 20K miles and a rough winter she need to be properly taken care of since she has some light swirl marks....

i have a PC and 4 pads...but anyways this is my proceedure...

wash with mitt and turtle wax soap.
meg's clay bar the whole car
pinnacle XMT light swirl remover 1 with orange pad
Kausse AIO with white pad
Klausse sealer with black pad(probably twice)
Poorboy's Natty Paste wax Carnuba Blue

this sound good excel and the others on here....i used these last year and had great results, what i'm most concerned about is if the pads are to aggressive for the product or what i'm trying to achieve. this paint is soft and i don't want to cut it to much. during the winter i would wash the car and go over it with a coat of carnuba about once a month.

my rims however are a different story, they are caked in brake dust and are just a pain to clean..any suggestions?

also one of the spokes of my rim brushed up a curb and may be able to get polished out but i doubt it..i will post pics of that rim tomorrow after i wash the car.

any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 05-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
wash with mitt and turtle wax soap. Just fine.....
meg's clay bar the whole car. Even better........
pinnacle XMT light swirl remover 1 with orange pad. Sounds good but why not the white pad first?
Kausse AIO with white pad. I think I might go with a lighter pad as AIO isnt going to remove anything that the SMR didnt already. So if your using it to just remove polishing oils, thats one thing, but if your using it to clean the paint, well.....the XMT already did.
Klausse sealer with black pad (probably twice) Have fun......I didnt care for KSG, and as for it actaully providing a glaze or filling property, it doesnt....
Poorboy's Natty Paste wax Carnuba Blue
Now your adding those oils that AIO removed!
Save yourself a step and leave out the AIO.........if it was me, with those products:
Wash
Clay
XMT/White, check results, move to Orange if necessary.
Then Nattys........I think this will look better, but if your after protection, use the KSG before the Nattys.......
Of course this is just an opinion. If you have used this process and are totally content with it, then by all means, disregard anything I just wrote, lol.