Dealership left manufacturer's "protecting" tape on the plastic molding.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 08:59 PM
onFyre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealership left manufacturer's "protecting" tape on the plastic molding.

As the title reads, the dealership left the clear tape on my car (that I purchased 8 months ago), which over time has cracked and essentially baked into the plastic.

It wasn't a noticeable gradual degradation of the tape that I could have caught early on and pulled the tape off myself. It 'revealed' itself in its current state after a recent car wash & is nearly impossible to peel off with my fingernails without flaking off everywhere.

Is this something the dealership may take full responsibility for and fix? If not, is there something easy I can just do myself ? I've tried soaking a small area with 3M Adhesive Remover & then rubbing it with a microfiber, but it's proving to be a real pain in the ass to try to remove. :\

Passenger Side example: Clean

Driver's Side: You can see the cracked/baked in clear tape.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:59 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First, that sucks. Second, sadly to say, I think you would be hard pressed to get the dealership to take ownership of that 8 months later unless you brought it to their attention asap and simply haven't gotten around to getting it taken care of. That being said, ask...make them say no.

Good luck.