Danase Wet Glaze, now available @exceldetail.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Danase Wet Glaze, now available @exceldetail.com

I never really was a big "glazer". I always have a hard time applying protection on top of a glaze. I always had a hard time applying a glaze on top of protection. I just couldnt win! One or the other would end up smearing.
During a recent detail, a Black 5-Series Bimmer Wagon, I was having a hard time getting that certain something to pop. It was pretty trashed, really swirled and neglected.
After a few hours of compounding and polishing, I managed to remove about 95% of the evident swirls, but the paint just didnt drip like I wanted it to. Then I remembered, Danase Wet Glaze. I put a little on the foam applicator, wiped it in, and was so impressed, I called my son over to double check what I was seeing. The paint was NOW that rich black I had been hoping for, a REALLY noticeable difference.

I have never used glazes to any degree, solely due to the fact that they washed out or off after maybe two washes. They were a totally useles product in my mind. Then I discovered there real purpose, there are to be used on special occasions. A night out on the town with the boys or "lady". And you want that "wow" factor, like "get your eyes off my lady, and look at my car" factor. Or maybe a meet up with some fellow Ziners, or clubbers. Just a temporary, re-beautification.
Well, thats typical of Glazes today. But the Danase, is not only a glaze, with functional polymers and acrylics (protectives) the stuff actually makes a difference in surface appearance. And, the best part, you can put it atop or below any type of protectant you desire, OR.........even use it as/with protection.
On that Bimmer above, I actually mixed some of the Wet Glaze with Duragloss. Call it wetting the protectant or adding protection along with the glaze, it represents the versatility of this product.
If you own anything dark, or mid toned, you have got to try this product. You will be amazed at what it can do for your cars surface, even if its new.
Would I get excited with a competitors product, if it wasnt the truth?!?
Retails for $16.95 for 16oz.
And available here............
Old 12-05-2007, 01:10 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
WOWWWWWWWWW

I need some of that
Old 12-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Ya know the part thats disturbing is, it offers protection also!
Old 12-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Patrick, is the glaze Danase's formulation? I thought at one time they were repackaging from another manufacturer . . . just curious. I felt the same way about glazes in general but after seeing what this one does, I just may have to try it. And as usual, perfection at it's best. . .
Old 12-06-2007, 01:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
Isn't this what the Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale spray is?
Old 12-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
Patrick, is the glaze Danase's formulation? I thought at one time they were repackaging from another manufacturer . . . just curious. I felt the same way about glazes in general but after seeing what this one does, I just may have to try it. And as usual, perfection at it's best. . .
Not relabeled as we are use to. Its a base formula, that has been customized to his specification.

CS, I have never used any Z before so I couldnt tell you one way or another....
Old 12-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by csmeance
Most glazes, I believe are applied after polishing to give additional gloss and cover up minor imperfections with fillers and oils. I maybe wrong but I don't think Z-8 was designed to be a primary coat like Z-2. From the product description of Z-8, it seems to be a topper that adds more "pop". The Danase Glaze as Patrick noted can be used on top or as a base. Hopefully, someone can further comment and shed some insight.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Former Sponsor

All I can tell you guys is that when I used it on the Bimmer wagon, after polishing, it added depth & darkness long beyond what I have ever used. Keep in mind, the glossiness was added largely in part to the comprehensive polishing I had to do. Now, it could have been due to the fact that the paint was REAL thristy, or its just an incredible product, or....a combination of both. However, like i said, it REALLY added some amazing depth and color. I then added some 105 to it for additional protection.
I know for certain that that Bimmer wont be taken care of, and it (my efforts) was probably all in vain, but the owners and myself were quite amazed at what I had to start with vs., what we ended up with.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:26 AM
Staggered 1st Gen

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I've been doing research and have seen nothing but glowing reviews for dwg...and well...I'm going to try some of this out myself now that I have a pc and will be doing some heavy duty polishing

so this can be used right atop a pure polish to add depth? Wow, that is so wet....looks incredible. I wonder how this topped with victoria red wax would look
Old 03-19-2008, 07:24 AM
Former Sponsor

On top or below any product......Used with VRW should be pretty incredible......The hardest decision is deciding where in the lineup, you want to add it.....
Old 03-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Pro

Patrick, I may need to try this with my new FSUPP this spring detail instead of my mcguairs glaze (i think was #7). If I'm reading right I could put i on before or after the UPP?
Old 03-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Correct, anywhere in the lineup you desire.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:03 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
That "after" pic is amazing.

Do you have a pic of the hood after polishing but before DWG? Just to see the amount of depth it added....

Oh, and a 4 oz. sample size would be nice too for people who just want to try it out.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AZuser
That "after" pic is amazing.

Do you have a pic of the hood after polishing but before DWG? Just to see the amount of depth it added....

Oh, and a 4 oz. sample size would be nice too for people who just want to try it out.
No Im sorry I didnt take any between pics. Im not sure you could have detected a difference through the pics. I was really hoping you caould have noticed the swirl removal difference though. I kind of took that 2nd shot at the wrong angle.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by exceldetail
Correct, anywhere in the lineup you desire.

ok so should I get some of the FS UPP Swirl remover then?

last time I

washed
clayed
glazed
nxt wax

this time I'm thinking

wash
clay
FS SR
FS UPP
D glaze

whatcha think Patrick?
Old 03-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Former Sponsor

If you have very light swirls, FS Ultimate Swirl Mark Remover would be proactive. Not only will it remove/reduce minor swirling, it will prep the paint for sealants down the road.
Then UPP, DWG, or vice versa....