12 oz. Carnauba Finishing Glaze
6.5 inch CCS Orange Light Cutting Pad
6.5 inch CCS White Polishing Pad
2- 6.5 inch CCS Gray Finishing Pads
2- 16 x 24 inch Cobra Super Plush Deluxe Microfiber Towels
2 Cobra 70/30 Microfiber Bonnets
Polish ‘N Wax Applicator

my questions:

what is the purpose of the carnauba finishing glaze?

the instructions recommend applying a final coat of your favorite wax, can I use something like Blackfire All paint protection, or Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection over the final Carnauba Finizhing Glaze?
Old 05-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Synthetics dont sit real well atop anything containing Nuba. It inhibits the physical bonding. As for the pgysical name of the Nuba Glaze, it just sounds like a glaze (filling product for fine scratches) with a little protective qualities....
Old 05-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Not a Registered User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm considering using Four Star Swirl Mark Remover, Pre wax cleaner, and UPP as another approach (in leu of the Pinnacle kit). do you have any experiences with these products?

as far as swirl removal goes, is the one step Four Star Swirl Mark Remover as effective as using Pinnacle's two step process (XMT #2 and #1)?

I prefer using synthetics for durability, but I don't know how they compare to the effectiveness of the traditional products. any products you recommend?

Last edited by SicK TypeS; 05-29-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SicK TypeS
i'm considering using Four Star Swirl Mark Remover, Pre wax cleaner, and UPP as another approach (in leu of the Pinnacle kit). do you have any experiences with these products?

as far as swirl removal goes, is the one step Four Star Swirl Mark Remover as effective as using Pinnacle's two step process (XMT #2 and #1)?
Haven't used the Pinnacle and probably won't so it would be unfair of me to provide any comparisons. However, I've used FS SMR and the BS line. I have to say it finishes very nicely first using an orange pad and then following with a white. The BS line has a little more cut to it and still finishes nicely.
Originally Posted by SicK TypeS
I prefer using synthetics for durability, but I don't know how they compare to the effectiveness of the traditional products. any products you recommend?
If you're considering UPP, I think you'll be very happy with the results. Speaking from experience, it has reflectivity and a deep gloss. It can last 4-6 months with regular upkeep and will definetly outlast your 'nuba based waxes.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
Haven't used the Pinnacle and probably won't so it would be unfair of me to provide any comparisons. However, I've used FS SMR and the BS line. I have to say it finishes very nicely first using an orange pad and then following with a white. The BS line has a little more cut to it and still finishes nicely.
If you're considering UPP, I think you'll be very happy with the results. Speaking from experience, it has reflectivity and a deep gloss. It can last 4-6 months with regular upkeep and will definetly outlast your 'nuba based waxes.
I have to totally agree. The BS line may be in line more with the Pinnacle line. Very very nice duo of polishes, They actually have a spot repair polish and a Swirl removal polish. (I think I have two of each left) I decided to just carry the duo as it addresses 99.9% of swirl issues. And on another note, prices just went up, about 20% for the polishes! I just found this out when ordering from Four Star this morning. So expect a price increase, by the time I get home tonight! And as for UPP, I have yet to find a replacement for it.