Connoly Hide Care of England for Leather?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connoly Hide Care of England for Leather?

Has anyone heard of/used this product or line of products? I'm assembling my aresenal of car care products and came across this line at autogeek.com It seems very luxurious and the entire kit is not real expensive. I know a lot of people here have either mentioned Lexol or Zaino's leather care, but I was wondering if there were others out there that are just as good or better?
Old 03-02-2006, 10:25 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
I've used it, great stuff. I used Lexol for years, recently switched to 4star which can be bought at www.exceldetail.com
Old 03-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's an interesting FAQ about Connolly from the Ferrari Club and a comparison between Connolly and Leatherique. Oh, I use Four Star and PB Leather Stuff.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:25 AM
Burning Brakes

After doing several more Google searches last night, I opted out of the Connolly line. Most of the negative reviews were due to a very chemical smell, and the east-of-use factor, or in this case, lack of. Another downside mentioned was product rub-off onto clothing. YUK. So, I opted for the Zaino leather cleaner & conditioner. Will let you know what I think of it. Thanks for the input!
Old 03-08-2006, 04:32 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

I used Connolly before, not that impressed with the results. I love the Zaino, it works well and smells great.

Also bear in mind that leather conditioners act differently on different types of leather so it's really not going to be an argument on which is the better conditioner. It's more of what works best on our TL's.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:06 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Connolly products aree formulated for natural leather

Note: Connolly Hide Care (formally Hide Food) does nourish the leather, but it’s formulated mainly with lanolin (sheep wool fat). It’s a natural product which in some ways mimics the leather's own oils. The trouble with lanolin is that, along with other oils such as; petroleum, mineral, neat foot, it can encourage rotting of leather fibres and stitching, and any dirt that is driven in is trapped by the greasy lanolin, which abrades the fibres. This product may not be compatible with covered leather and could damage the urethane.