complete wash guide

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 10:25 AM
Soon to own Cl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
complete wash guide

how bout some of you detail experts make a complete list of your car cleaning process, not your average weekly wash but the full detail job
Old 03-25-2003, 10:29 AM
Soon to own Cl

oh yeah and i hear all this talk about zaino what is it, how do i use it, where do i get it, and how much does it cost?
Old 03-25-2003, 10:42 AM
Lucky Ole' Shamrock

i'll work out a detail guide later this week.

zaino---> www.zainobros.com
Old 03-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Lone CL-P Owner

ok here it goes (your lucky i have the time)

1. rinse the car twice. i have a multiple head hose connection. so i do it once with the shower to get the loose dirt then again with the jet. this way the pressure of the jet doesnt push the dirt against the finish.

2. i use rain-x high foaming car wash for soap. just mix up a 8 litre bucket of that. use a cotton towel or wash mit (i use a mit) and use alot of water and soap the upper half of the car (dont go bellow about mid tire) all around. soap everything up good then rinse off. by only doin the upper half, you keep heavy dirt from the bottom gettin on the good paint.

3. clean the mitt and mix up another 8 litres and clean the lower half. the soap and water run down from the previous rinse/wash should soften the dirt so it should come off easily. rinse the entire car.

4. Dry the car from top to bottom. starting at the top and go to the bottom. i use a microfiber cloth for the paint and sheepskin chamois for the windows. the chamois leaves no streaks and the microfiber absorbs alot and no streaks visible on the paint.

5. i use simoniz rim cleaner for my rims then clean my tires and apply the simoniz tire gel if needed.

6. open up trunk, hood and doors to dry any areas that you couldent get before (door jams etc)

thats about all for washing the car. i dont wax it, i did once and didnt see a use. the rain-x wash shines it up just as nice. zaino and other waxes arent even that noticable on a silver car IMHO.