Cloths after waxing

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 12:08 PM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cloths after waxing

Waxed my car the other day and a bunch of my buffing cloths are covered in wax residue (obviously).

Any tips on washing them to get everything off? (hot water, etc?) I've noticed in the past that they stil have residue after I wash them.

Gracias
Old 10-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXsurf
Waxed my car the other day and a bunch of my buffing cloths are covered in wax residue (obviously).

Any tips on washing them to get everything off? (hot water, etc?) I've noticed in the past that they stil have residue after I wash them.

Gracias

Me gusto, If they are micro fiber then wash them in cold water with a liquid detergent that is for folks with allergies. By that I mean the kind with no perfumes, dyes, fabric softners or bleach in them. Wash microfibers in a group of other MF's and not with anything else as the MF will collect the lint from mixed in cotton towels and then you'll have a real mess on your hands. Washing with liquid detergent insures that there wont be any undissolved granulars left over from normal detergent. Dry in dryer at the lowest temperature setting so as not to burn the strands of MF which will cause scratching upon next use.

If they are cotton towels then wash in hot water with like towels and again with liquid detergent for the same reason as MF's. Dry in dryer on normal setting. If your washer has an extra rinse cycle then turn it on to help rinse out any left over residue.

Hope that helps