Buying Brand New State Of The Art Detail Shop & Need Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 10:38 AM
Rickrack79@hotmail.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying Brand New State Of The Art Detail Shop & Need Ideas

I have been detailing cars for years now and have had a few different shops over the years. I'm very good at what I do and have the chance to buy a state of the art detail shop in a prime location in my home town. It's a brand new shop (1 year old) and is part of a huge car wash. The car wash part has sef serve vacuums, 2 touchless Laser Wash bays and 2 self serve bays. The owner of the car wash also built a detail center that is attached to the car wash. He is keeping the car wash part and the detail shop seperate but is going to let me use one of the self serve bays to wash my cars in and use the pressure washer in that bay for engine compartments etc.. The rent includes all utilities (water, elec. heat, dumpster, plowing, etc..) and the use of one of the self serve bays. He is also giving me a discounted price if I choose to bring the cars through the laser wash instead of washing them myself. This will be good in the winter when its too cold or I'm feeling a little lazy! Anyway, the shop is absolutely sick. It has heated floors insde the shop as well as outside which means no shoveling snow, no cold feet and no wet floors. It also has radiated heat on both sides of the shop which dries the car in less than a minute. The floors are all slightly pitched down towards the middle of the shop where there is a drain. The shop is 3 cars deep and has doors on both sides so you can pull the cars straight through and out the other side. It has an office with a computer, fax machine, copier, telephone, and a credit card machine. He had a custom program made with a customer database in it and some other fancy stuff as well. I plan to create a website as soon as I'm moved in. The owner of the detail shop has been in the business for 13 years but can no longer do it because of his bad back and 2 bad knee's, therefore he is selling the entire business which includes the name, all books & records for the last 13 years, a list of all customers (1,000 people), and everything in the shop(buffers, extractor, vacuums, tools & more). I worked for this guy in the past so he has given me an offer I can't refuse. I am looking for some ideas of some different things I can offer my customers other than detailing. There's no problem with selling stuff out of the shop so I want to do as much as I can to get this place crankin'. So far I've come up with a few ideas: Window tinting, paintless dent removal, alloy rim repair, paint touch-up(scratches, nicks), custom graphics, lettering and windshild stickers, real H.I.D xenon headlight kits, windshield repair, interior spray dying, pin stripes, sell cleaning supplies(detail kits, air fresheners, chemicals etc..), and also sell custom accessories like vent guards, bugshields, floor mats etc.. If anyone has some good ideas that I haven't thought of yet, I would appreciate your input. Please let me know. Hopefully I will be all moved into the shop by the end of the month so I can start making some $$. Once I get the place going all you acura-cl.com people can come down and I'll give you a discount. Can't wait to hear some different ideas. Sorry this was so long but I'm just very excited. Thanks!:P
Old 10-10-2002, 08:38 PM
BC
nearsighted visionary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like you have it covered except for moving cross country to locate close to me. Wish you well. Siezeya.