Black Magic Car products

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 04:08 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Magic Car products

New to the Board and have a few questions.

I've read all post on proper care care. And I continue to see the same brands of products repeated, FF, Zaino, Mothers, etc.

I attempted to purchase Mothers products on a trip to the store but they only had some of their car wash product. So I decided to purchase the Black Magic Wet Shine Car Shampoo & BMag Wet Shine Wax.

I used both products on my new Black '06. The results were good.

My question is, what do you guys think of these products? Since I already waxed the car using this product, what should I do if I want to switch to another product line?

I was sort of clueless as to what to do to a new car that looks nice. I assume I should have washed it with Dawn, then used a clay bar, applied a polish x3, then finish with a wax for a wet look.

That polish intimidates me a bit. I used to using waxes, and the idea of putting something on that actually bonds to the paint is a bit concerning.

Any info on the Black Magic products will be helpful.

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Floatman1
New to the Board and have a few questions.

I've read all post on proper care care. And I continue to see the same brands of products repeated, FF, Zaino, Mothers, etc.

I attempted to purchase Mothers products on a trip to the store but they only had some of their car wash product. So I decided to purchase the Black Magic Wet Shine Car Shampoo & BMag Wet Shine Wax.

I used both products on my new Black '06. The results were good.

My question is, what do you guys think of these products? Since I already waxed the car using this product, what should I do if I want to switch to another product line?
Welcome! Your first question - it's all a matter of personal preference. Mothers, Megs, and BM are generally OTC and available at most brick and mortar stores like AuotZone and Kragens. However they don't always carry the entire line. Zaino, Klasse, Four Star, PB, etc are strictly online products and most sites will carry a majority of the entire line. If you're happy with the results of the product you use, then by all means continue using it. Should you decide to try a different product, I would use a paint cleaner (like Klasse AIO) to remove the previous coat.

I was sort of clueless as to what to do to a new car that looks nice. I assume I should have washed it with Dawn, then used a clay bar, applied a polish x3, then finish with a wax for a wet look.
Try this thread regarding what to do on a new car. As far as Dawn goes, try this thread. The sequence would be 1) Wash (auto wash) 2) Clay 3) Polish and 4) Seal. You have the option to use carnuba over the sealant.

That polish intimidates me a bit. I used to using waxes, and the idea of putting something on that actually bonds to the paint is a bit concerning.
Polishing is used to remove imperfections and surface contamination and also as a pre wax cleaner to create a sterile surface. If your paint is swirl free, I would use a cleaner instead of an abraisive polish. Regardless of what polish you use, it will make a difference. For more on polishing, click here.

Any info on the Black Magic products will be helpful.
The only product I've used is the Tire Wet. It was ok, too muach on the shiny side.