Black Car Care

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 11:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
The formula changed because of the VOC legislation and most changed for the worse. Every dealership. Upsells some form of protection package .. On your last cars did it last 8 years? Did you have to have it reapplied to maintain the warranty? Did you ever have to claim against the warranty?
Old 05-18-2014, 02:43 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesstzn
The formula changed because of the VOC legislation and most changed for the worse. Every dealership. Upsells some form of protection package .. On your last cars did it last 8 years? Did you have to have it reapplied to maintain the warranty? Did you ever have to claim against the warranty?
Never needed file a claim against the warranty..

I only keep my Acura cars 3-5 years so I never make it to 8 and probably never will.

I can tell you these things that happened since cila jet was put on my cars ... bird poop is not an issue ...tree sap not an issue...bugs spatter not an issue..brake dust on wheels..stains on floor/ seats..transmission fluid spray from other cars..

All these things rinsed of with just plain water. When I sold my last car water was beading as if it was wax still after 3 years from the date it was applied. Which definitely gave me a piece of mind.

Paint looked as if it was brand new. Everyone would comment on how my cars was always clean. They didn't know that it was just quick soapy rinse and dry. 30 mins top..

A couple of guys on my job have had their cars done with cila jet on there wheels because of the brake dust and it does not stick to there wheels.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Without an actual product name, this is starting to sound a lot like the NuFinish2000 commercials...

I believe that this is more of a "I got what I paid for it, and I paid a LOT" scenario.

Otherwise, most other car care product companies would be out of business.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:46 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stogie1020
Without an actual product name, this is starting to sound a lot like the NuFinish2000 commercials...

I believe that this is more of a "I got what I paid for it, and I paid a LOT" scenario.

Otherwise, most other car care product companies would be out of business.

It's called Cila Jet.

It would have been nice if you read the earlier post. Again Acura and other dealership in the Washington, DC area sell this to customers here. Please do some homework and ask around.

Last edited by freeflowing; 05-20-2014 at 07:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-20-2014, 08:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
I read thier claims and one os it protects against fresh eggs ... Must be a great product .. Cuz if your car gets egged the enzymes in the egg can damage the clear.. Thing I'd like to see is the answer when someone comes in and tries to claim for the clear fracturing that happens when the shell hits the clear.

BTW... All the research just points to another dealer upsell.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
I read for about an hour on it on the web and found a few people claiming to be dealers or installers who mentioned that the entire application only cost $50, so anything over that was dealer markup. Also, there seems to be some very restrictive warranty requiring specific care of the car, etc. although that was only described, I can find no link on the product web page.

End of the day, this is probably a replacement dealer add item for "rustproofing" since everyone knows not to pay extra for that, and while it may work, it is highly suspect that I can't purchase it, no detailling forums or professional detailers have ANY info and it lasts FAR longer than ANY other product on the shelf not to mention costs anywhere between $500 and $1200... That's a lot of Blackfire or Mazerna or Klasse SG...