Black Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Car

WHAT'S A GOOD WAX FOR A BLACK CAR

I HAVE 05 TL AND MY WIFE HAS A 02 350Z BOTH BLACK......
Old 04-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by six spd
WHAT'S A GOOD WAX FOR A BLACK CAR

I HAVE 05 TL AND MY WIFE HAS A 02 350Z BOTH BLACK......
This is a difficult question to answer. Are you looking for a recommendation on what to purchase? Most of the products mentioned here are personal favorites and we like the results from that product. You could say we're pretty much anal when it comes to exterior detailing. Most of sealants/waxes mentioned in this forum are ordered through online sites. Personally, I use Four Star UPP as my primary sealant/wax. I also use the UPPS or OCW once a month to extend the longevity of the sealant. For a paste wax, I have P21S/S100. The latter being, what I feel is the same product at a cheaper price. I also have a jar of Natty's Blue. Maybe some of the others like Vroom, Exceldetail, JackieO or SweetJazz will chime in.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT US! YOU DONT KNOW US WELL ENOUGH YET!!
Seriously....Wax isnt the ticket, proper maintenancecare of your TL and Benz are mandatory......
"Best" is very objective....My favored may not be considered the best, but it sure as heck is the best in my book.......
"Good" waxes would be easier to recommend, and readily available at most local auto parts facilities. Heres a partial list, Megs NXT, Megs #20, Mothers Pure Carnauba Wax, Turtle Wax Platinum, and the New Ice Polymer.
"Best" on the other hand, and as previously mentioned, only available online: Four Star Ult. Paint Protectant (My personal favorite), Mothers Reflections (Available in most stores also, but worthy of recognition in the "Best" column), Poorboys EX-P and EX, Collinite 845 & 476 Nubas, Klasse AIO. Some great Nubas, Poorboys Nattys, Clearkote Nuba Moosewax, S100. Im really a Polymer fan by a long shot.......
Pay particular attention to your prep work though.....more on that later if you care to discover what really makes the paint "pop".....

Welcome to the "Zine" by the way...............

Last edited by exceldetail; 04-14-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
I have only used Four Star UPP (thanks to excel), but it is GREAT. I have heard that UPP with Natty's Blue on top is a great sealant/wax combo,.........I will let you know how that turns out in a few weeks.

Anyway,.......just listen to all that stuff Haw and Excel ^^ said and you will be fine.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Cogito Ergo Idiot

If you want to detail the cars and then forget about them for awhile, I can second the recommendation for UPP - I love the stuff, and it's the most durable product I've ever used. And if you have some metallic content to the paint, the finish will really pop.

UPP topped with carnuba is incredible - a great combo of durability, slickness, and a wet look to the finish. Great advice above, though - the key to black looking good is what happens before you apply one or more topcoats. You want to polish out any swirl marks and light scratches.

I continue to experiment on black vehicles. Poorboys is an easy 'go-to' - very simple to use, and their products can even be applied in direct sunlight. EX-P topped with Natty's will be similar to the combo mentioned above. Natty's Blue is a great wax for dark colors. Lots of incredible products out there.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by exceldetail
WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT US! YOU DONT KNOW US WELL ENOUGH YET!!
Seriously....Wax isnt the ticket, proper maintenancecare of your TL and Benz are mandatory......
"Best" is very objective....My favored may not be considered the best, but it sure as heck is the best in my book.......
"Good" waxes would be easier to recommend, and readily available at most local auto parts facilities. Heres a partial list, Megs NXT, Megs #20, Mothers Pure Carnauba Wax, Turtle Wax Platinum, and the New Ice Polymer.
"Best" on the other hand, and as previously mentioned, only available online: Four Star Ult. Paint Protectant (My personal favorite), Mothers Reflections (Available in most stores also, but worthy of recognition in the "Best" column), Poorboys EX-P and EX, Collinite 845 & 476 Nubas, Klasse AIO. Some great Nubas, Poorboys Nattys, Clearkote Nuba Moosewax, S100. Im really a Polymer fan by a long shot.......
Pay particular attention to your prep work though.....more on that later if you care to discover what really makes the paint "pop".....

Welcome to the "Zine" by the way...............
Sorry for yelling.

Thanks for the advise.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
This is a difficult question to answer. Are you looking for a recommendation on what to purchase? Most of the products mentioned here are personal favorites and we like the results from that product. You could say we're pretty much anal when it comes to exterior detailing. Most of sealants/waxes mentioned in this forum are ordered through online sites. Personally, I use Four Star UPP as my primary sealant/wax. I also use the UPPS or OCW once a month to extend the longevity of the sealant. For a paste wax, I have P21S/S100. The latter being, what I feel is the same product at a cheaper price. I also have a jar of Natty's Blue. Maybe some of the others like Vroom, Exceldetail, JackieO or SweetJazz will chime in.
Thanks for the info. I think I will visit some of these sights and see what might work best...
Old 04-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by six spd
Sorry for yelling.

Thanks for the advise.
Im just kidding withyou........Heres some more black,and products used.....

Optimim, Green Propel, UPP....

Optimum Compound, Optimum Polish, Optimum Spray Wax. (I know, its not black, but fresh!)

Optimum Polish, Green Propel, UPP.

Optimum Polish, Green Propel, Optimum Spray Wax.

SSR 2.5, Orange Propel, Optimum polish, Green Propel, UPP.

SSR 2.5, Green Propel, Optimum polish, Green Propel, UPP.

SSR 2.0, Green Propel, UPP.

Just a little sampling to think about........
Old 04-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Intermediate

Wow!! The black really does pop. I went to your sight. I think that I am definitely going to order some products.

Optimim, Green Propel, UPP....
Where would I find that particular product. Is that also on your sight.

Thanks

six spd
Old 04-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every item he uses is available on the except for the PC. And great service on top of that.
https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/props-exceldetail-336490/