AutoArmor Paint and Leather Protectant

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question AutoArmor Paint and Leather Protectant

As part of my negotiations, I got the dealer to through in Auto Armor protection. This is supposedly a $500 paint and lether protectant. The dealer puts on the first interior exterior coat and the company (auto armor) sends me a package in the mail in the next two months so that I can put on coats every six months to keep the paint new and the leather protected from stains and well conditioned. Before I went to this dealer, I had never heard of Auto Armor but I got it for free anyway.

Has anybody used it, know of it, have any thoughts on whether it is good or not, etc.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:56 PM
2004 TL 5AT Desert Mist

All these dealer paint protection packages are a joke. Nothing replaces a regimen with a good quality wax or synthetic like Zaino. It's fine if you got it for free but I would not pay one cent for it or allow it to alter my negotiations with the dealer in any way. It's almost pure profit to the dealer.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:04 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Jim123
All these dealer paint protection packages are a joke. Nothing replaces a regimen with a good quality wax or synthetic like Zaino. It's fine if you got it for free but I would not pay one cent for it or allow it to alter my negotiations with the dealer in any way. It's almost pure profit to the dealer.
agreed i would not even take it if they throw it in for free. all these paint protection packages are a waste on money and most the time use products that are mediocre. i would prefer to get quality products that have been tried and true. my suggestion is to just get some meguiars stuff and sell the stuff they are going to send you on ebay.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:30 PM
Racer

Since it was free, you are not at a loss.

Pretend you don't have it, and use a good Zaino or Meguiar's wax / polish regimen outside and Lexol inside.

The deal with the dealer add-ons is that they make about 2000% markup, and hope that you forget or sell the car before you try to make any claims on the warranty or usage.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Racer

When I got my 02TL S 3 years ago I started using the Zaino product line. I had it all, including the clay bar. I thoroughly cleaned the car and put on the first few coats of the various things you have to use. follow-up maintenance was rare after that. It is just too much work for me. I remember spending whole weekends messing with that stuff (and happy about it too).

Zaino is great, but inpractical for me at this point. What would be the next best thing that would be a quick fix for similar results.

Should I buy a buffer machine or something to make the wax applications easier, faster and more effective.

And would Lexol be recomended over the Zaino leather stuff for the interior.