Armor All Stains on my bumper...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Armor All Stains on my bumper...

I brought my TSX and Pilot to a car wash on sunday. They applied something similar to armor all on my tires. The next day I noticed splatter all over the side of my pilot and a little on my TSX (this happens everytime they put that crap on my tires). I wiped the minor amount off of my TSX and then started on the pilot. I found that it came off of the doors on the pilot but it left stains on the sides of my rear bumper. I tried car wash wipes, Meguiars Step 1 Paint Cleaner, and even a little compound. Nothing worked. I brought it back to the car wash and the owner said it has to be from road tar that armor all doesn't do that and he was 98% certain that there was road tar under the armor all. I'm having a hard time believing this is the cause because the stains are a big cluster about the size of my hand. I would think if it was tar it would have only been a little spot or to. Anyway he said his detailer could try to wet sand and buff it for 50% price. What do you guys think, have you ever heard of this before?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:06 PM
04 remembrance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never really heard of it. My guess is that tire shine has been baked at the scorching weather we've been having lately, which caused the "permanent" stain. Have you tried using dawn?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
No I haven't tried dawn, not a bad idea. I think it was baked on as well. If dawn doesn't work I'm not sure what to do. Leave it alone and see if lease inspector sees it in 2yrs, have it wet sanded and buffed, or repainted.