Anyone use PINACCLE PASTE WAX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 11:50 PM
TL ftw!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone use PINACCLE PASTE WAX?

Wow I'm impressed on the results. My friend just showed his new TL to me after he waxed it with the Pinaccle paste and wow his car looked like it just came from the dealer. He told me he paid $100 for the paste itself which is kind of overpriced but seems like no other wax could compare to the Pinaccle souveran. Anyone here use it?
Old 04-24-2009, 04:01 AM
The Detailer

I'm assuming you're referring to Pinnacle Souveran? Is that correct?
Old 04-24-2009, 05:40 AM
Racer

there are actually quite a few waxes that are in the same category as Pinnacle Souveran; such as DoDo, swisswax.

these waxes generally have a high concentration of Carnuba, so i doubt the results would be anything but spectacular given that they are applied to a well prepped surface.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bo0sty
there are actually quite a few waxes that are in the same category as Pinnacle Souveran; such as DoDo, swisswax.

these waxes generally have a high concentration of Carnuba, so i doubt the results would be anything but spectacular given that they are applied to a well prepped surface.
Key, being they are applied to a well prepped surface.
I could make a 10 yr old Kia look stunning with Turtle Wax if you give me time to polish it out........
I just dont believe in overpriced waxes, being supernatural products......
Old 04-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
Key, being they are applied to a well prepped surface.
I could make a 10 yr old Kia look stunning with Turtle Wax if you give me time to polish it out........
I just dont believe in overpriced waxes, being supernatural products......
Sort of the same as me saying ... you can put 12 coats of any high end wax on dog sh*t and you just end up with shiney dog sh*t.

I just dont believe in overpriced waxes, being supernatural products <-- I don't either.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Sort of the same as me saying ... you can put 12 coats of any high end wax on dog sh*t and you just end up with shiney dog sh*t.

I just dont believe in overpriced waxes, being supernatural products <-- I don't either.
Hey last time you said 10 coats!!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
Hey last time you said 10 coats!!

Its his wax .. who cares if I use more !!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Originally Posted by KamikazeTL
Wow I'm impressed on the results. My friend just showed his new TL to me after he waxed it with the Pinaccle paste and wow his car looked like it just came from the dealer. He told me he paid $100 for the paste itself which is kind of overpriced but seems like no other wax could compare to the Pinaccle souveran. Anyone here use it?
Originally Posted by Denzil
I'm assuming you're referring to Pinnacle Souveran? Is that correct?
from what i remember, this stuff doesn't work too well in heat/direct sunlight... when i lived in Dallas, my friend and i prepped his car with this stuff... brand new black G35... it looked great in the garage and the reflection in the shade was great... it was like i was looking into a mirror...

that afternoon we went to the G35 / 350Z meet... it was in an open parking lot, in a Dallas summer, hit about 113 that day... we were walking around looking at the other cars and when we got back to his car, it looked silver... the car started to haze up like the polish was being lifted from the paint... hard to describe but it looked like i took a damp towel that had some poslish on it and smeared it on the car...

we quickly QD the whole car cause we weren't sure if it would cause damage with the sun baking it onto the paint...

he never touched that paste again... waste of money...
Old 04-24-2009, 03:25 PM
The Detailer

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
from what i remember, this stuff doesn't work too well in heat/direct sunlight... when i lived in Dallas, my friend and i prepped his car with this stuff... brand new black G35... it looked great in the garage and the reflection in the shade was great... it was like i was looking into a mirror...

that afternoon we went to the G35 / 350Z meet... it was in an open parking lot, in a Dallas summer, hit about 113 that day... we were walking around looking at the other cars and when we got back to his car, it looked silver... the car started to haze up like the polish was being lifted from the paint... hard to describe but it looked like i took a damp towel that had some poslish on it and smeared it on the car...

we quickly QD the whole car cause we weren't sure if it would cause damage with the sun baking it onto the paint...

he never touched that paste again... waste of money...
It could have been the result of many things...

Was the car polished out right before applying it? If it was, was there an IPA wipe down after the last polishing step and before the LSP application?

Also, it could be a result of the wax "sweating" which can happen to carnaubas, IIRC. Usually this type of behavior can be remedied by doing a QD wipe down in the shade to remove this residual "sweating".

There could be other factors... just a FYI.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:38 AM
TL ftw!

Yeah he polished it with the Klasse polisher. First he clayed it though then polished then the souveran paste wax