Any good car dusting product to use in between car washes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any good car dusting product to use in between car washes?

Sometimes I have to park outside when all the cars at my home beat me to the garage. So I wanted to know if anyone uses a car duster to dust off their cars? Or just stay away from car dusting products b/c it will just swirl around the dirt and scratch the coating of your car? Thanks.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:05 PM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
x2!!! I never get to park in the garage bc my bro always parks his truck in there.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Intermediate

^^can you specify what the x2 is? like brand or link? thanks
Old 03-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
ah X2 that famous product cleans everything and prevents cats from getting on the car

Or it means that the poster agrees with your statement and
and seconds the motion X2 = times 2
You may also incur x3 x4 x5 when asking if Bosch Icon wipers are the way to go!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it's lightly dusted and just want to do a touch up, I'll use a QD like PB Spray & Gloss or DG Fast Clean & Shine. Most of the time, I'll wait for the weekend and give it a beauty bath and follow with DG AW.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:58 PM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

How about a Swiffer Duster?!?! haha jkjk... I understand what your talkin about, its just a little layer of dust that is easily wipeable, but the thing is if you wipe it, it will cause fine scratches from the specs of dust rubbing against the paint. Ive thought about this many times, and I just resort to washing it.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:01 PM
A J35A8 EG civic is in

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
If it's lightly dusted and just want to do a touch up, I'll use a QD like PB Spray & Gloss or DG Fast Clean & Shine. Most of the time, I'll wait for the weekend and give it a beauty bath and follow with DG AW.
btw how does that work? Do you just spray it on and wipe it off with a Microfiber cloth?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Involuntary Karatechopper

I'd recommend a California Car Duster:
http://www.amazon.com/Original-Calif.../dp/B00008RW9U

I've been using them for about 5 years now... on all different types of paint colors (dark green, beige, silver, white). No scratches or anything. I only use it between washes when it doesn't rain, and it really extends the life of a carwash.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
ah X2 that famous product cleans everything and prevents cats from getting on the car

hahaha thanks for the interpretation lol i get it now okay but ya won't particles trap inside a california duster? i had one years ago.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
CCD are great! If used for the appropriate purpose. Very very light dust. Not pollen fallout.
Next would be a quick detailer , or quick cleaner. I prefer quick cleaners like Freedom One or Freedom Original , which have a little more lubricating prop's, including Nuba protection. Its great for medium dust and film, but not mud splatter. After that go with a No Rinse Wash, like Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine. NRWS is great for cleaning vehicles where hoses or water supply is limited/restircted. Theres no rinsing, just wash, and dry! Im currently consulting with a plastics company to be able to provide a compression sprayer where one could actually pre-treat the dirty surface with a ratio of water and NRWS for easier/safer dirt/contaminant removal. One would simply mix a solution of there favorite no rinse product, spray a couple panels at a time, then wash with a bucket of NRWS. I think we have reservations about using a NRWS type of product, simply due to its complex ability to encapsulate dirt particles. We often wonder how this is possible, and how is it really safe for our vehicles surface. But if one could actually soften and encapsulate, before your wash media makes contact, we would all feel a litle more at ease.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:47 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by exceldetail
CCD are great! If used for the appropriate purpose. Very very light dust. Not pollen fallout.
Next would be a quick detailer , or quick cleaner. I prefer quick cleaners like Freedom One or Freedom Original , which have a little more lubricating prop's, including Nuba protection. Its great for medium dust and film, but not mud splatter. After that go with a No Rinse Wash, like Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine. NRWS is great for cleaning vehicles where hoses or water supply is limited/restircted. Theres no rinsing, just wash, and dry! Im currently consulting with a plastics company to be able to provide a compression sprayer where one could actually pre-treat the dirty surface with a ratio of water and NRWS for easier/safer dirt/contaminant removal. One would simply mix a solution of there favorite no rinse product, spray a couple panels at a time, then wash with a bucket of NRWS. I think we have reservations about using a NRWS type of product, simply due to its complex ability to encapsulate dirt particles. We often wonder how this is possible, and how is it really safe for our vehicles surface. But if one could actually soften and encapsulate, before your wash media makes contact, we would all feel a litle more at ease.
Great post
Old 03-27-2007, 03:04 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Quote: ...We often wonder how this is possible, and how is it really safe for our vehicles surface. But if one could actually soften and encapsulate, before your wash media makes contact, we would all feel a little more at ease."

No Rinse Waterless Products:
A waterless wash is usually formulated with surfactants and sequestant’s to keep dirt in suspension, avoiding surface contact, it also provides surface lubrication, thereby avoiding surface marring.

1. Surfactants- a surfactant is defined as a material that can greatly reduce the surface tension of water when used in very low concentrations they can also provide alkalinity, which is useful in removing acidic soils

2. Sequestant- this holds the soil and trace elements in suspension allowing the cleaners to concentrate on the soil.

Last edited by TOGWT; 03-27-2007 at 03:06 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Intermediate

^^great post!
Old 03-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Racer

Car cover..
Old 03-27-2007, 09:29 PM
TSXRCR22

Patrick,
Please explain this to me. How exactly do the NRWS work? Would I use this instead of a QD or spray wax like the UPPS? Or would I use this then the UPPS? I am interested in this because I think I may want to use this because when I wash my car, since it is black, I am afraid I will get swirls again. What are your thoughts?
Thank you

Originally Posted by exceldetail
Old 03-28-2007, 12:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Jon summed it up rather well Kyle.....
Originally Posted by TOGWT
Quote: ...We often wonder how this is possible, and how is it really safe for our vehicles surface. But if one could actually soften and encapsulate, before your wash media makes contact, we would all feel a little more at ease."

No Rinse Waterless Products:
A waterless wash is usually formulated with surfactants and sequestant’s to keep dirt in suspension, avoiding surface contact, it also provides surface lubrication, thereby avoiding surface marring.

1. Surfactants- a surfactant is defined as a material that can greatly reduce the surface tension of water when used in very low concentrations they can also provide alkalinity, which is useful in removing acidic soils

2. Sequestant- this holds the soil and trace elements in suspension allowing the cleaners to concentrate on the soil.
That is a No Rinse Wash and Shine! Im experimenting with compression sprayers now to pre-treat the surface with a NRWS product.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:31 PM
beware of perverts

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl

I hate it when cats sleep on my hood, scratches galore! I use garlic to keep them away.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Instructor

I use a California Car Duster on my cars.I also use a car cover sometimes.