Amorall Leather Care Cause some problem on my leather ....

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amorall Leather Care Cause some problem on my leather ....

Hello...
I used Amorall leather care spray on my acura tl 1999 leather. I sprayed on some areas, and I noticed after it dried, it left like a spray mark (whiter than the leather color) on the leather...

I don't why it is doing this
Can someone give a some advices on how to get rid of the spray mark??

thanks
Old 02-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's best not to spray any product directly on your leather, you should spray on to whatever you use to apply your product.

I have heard bad things about using Amorall on leather.I would not advise anyone to use Amorall on leather.

You should clean your leather with a leather cleaning product (not Amorall) ,then condition the leather.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
Was your leather cleaned?

I spray down a microfiber cloth and then rub it in the leather.

Also I would never use armorall.

Use Lexol or Meguiars.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:28 PM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
goody - I would advise you to clean the leather again with a leather cleaner, lexol / megs / duragloss and then reapply using the method of spray on a towel or applicator.

That should reduce the "spray" marks.

Goodluck
Old 02-07-2008, 02:33 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Automotive leather care - a subject surrounded with misinformation and myth, products such as leather (Saddle) soaps, oil-based Conditioners, Neats-foot oil, and Connolly Leather Hide Food still prevails as top sellers, albeit most are made for equestrian tack or material that is no longer used for automotive upholstery. In a market that is dominated by pigmented leather with an acrylic polythene protective covering; which are very different leathers with completely differing care requirements. The exact reason why this is the case is unclear. It’s possible that there is an association with old world quality (i.e. leather upholstery and burl wood interiors) with these types of products, despite the fact that the automotive industry has been using pigmented and/or polyurethane covered leather for many years.

Many of the newer vehicles do not use natural leather hides anymore Approximately 80% of vehicle manufacturers are using (thermoplastic) polyurethane covered pigmented leather for their interior upholstery. Pigmented leather simply means that the finished leather or polyurethane covering has been coloured (you’ve never seen grey cows have you?) The colour pigmented polyurethane coating may be embossed with a grain pattern for visual effect. But it cannot absorb wax, most liquids and oils because of the protective properties of the finish.

Are we to take care of the leather or the protective covering? The answer is to take care of the protective topcoat and the leather will take care of itself.

As the materials and production methods that are used on automobiles change; we need to adapt to them and adjust products used and their application methodologies to keep pace with them

Compare automobile upholstery [finished pigmented leather] to a vehicles paint surface with a clear coat;

1. A base material (metal) with a colour coat of water-based polymer paint
[Leather hide pigmented with a water-based polymer resin]

2. A water-based polymer clear coat to provide protection
[Water-based polyethylene clear coating to provide protection]

3. Polyethylene paint doesn’t need oils to feed it (whatever Zymol says); it’s not a living thing.
[Leather was removed from a dead animal, it’s then fat-liquored to preserve its oils and then sealed and pigmented, 80% of automotive leather it is further protected with a polyurethane covering, it doesn’t need oils to feed or condition it, even if they could permeate the various coverings]

Basic Leather care - http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ther-care.html
Old 02-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Jon, to save me from running around and looking: Is the link you provided, where you gathered the information, or is the link you provided, where you put this information?
Old 02-08-2008, 12:48 PM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
Jon, to save me from running around and looking: Is the link you provided, where you gathered the information, or is the link you provided, where you put this information?
I'll start a thread 'Basic Leather Care' on here