All Those Who Hate Sprinklers

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 07:53 PM
zoom-zoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Those Who Hate Sprinklers

ok so basically theres no garage space for my car and i have to park it out in the driveway every night and every morning or every other morning (whatever the hell the schedule is for the sprinkler system) i have white spots all over my damn side of my car. Its steel grey from mazda so those who know the color, the spots show up a shitload. it gets on half the windsheil, all the side windows, and even the rear window too and i just feel like the car is filthy when i drive it, anyone else have this problem???

what do you do to solve it, are there any good waxes out there that can keep the sprinkler marks off the car, or maybe any resolutions to try and keep the sprinklers out of the driveway... (i tried turning them around already, the driveway is set up that I cant aim them in any direction and not have them get into the driveway...)
Old 05-21-2005, 07:55 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,421 Posts
I would clay bar and rewax with a good product.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:59 AM
The Old Grey Whistle Test

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Removing water spots:
Alkaline watermarks (water spots) are calcium and magnesium salts that deposit on the surface after the water has evaporated; the minute crystals bond to the surface and are not re-dissolvable in water. These fall into one of two categories a) surface or b) below surface (etched) water spots. (See also Windscreen Protective Barrier)

a) Removing water spots from glass- rainwater sometimes contains alkaline minerals that alight on the paint film surface and as the water evaporates leave white `water spots' on glass surfaces.

Mineral deposits can be caused by water from a light summer shower, or a lawn sprinkler system that that dries on the glass surface leaving a calcium / sodium deposit.
These can usually be removed by using detailer's clay to remove any hardened surface deposits, and then using a solvent type cleaner (Klasse All-In-One) for stubborn spots polish them using method (b)

Methodology:
•Use detailing clay to remove any `hard' surface granules
•To dissolve the alkaline-based, surface/etched mineral water deposits try one or more of the following;
a) 2:1 solution of distilled water/distilled white vinegar (Acetic acid)
b) Distilled water / Isopropyl Alcohol (adjust ratio as required)
c) Equal parts distilled water / distilled white vinegar / Isopropyl alcohol.
•Use a clean spray bottle and 100% cotton Microfiber cloth to apply the solution to the glass surface
•Wipe off any residue from glass and dry with a damp waffle weave towel
•If any `water spots' remain apply distilled white vinegar or Isopropyl alcohol un-diluted to 100% cotton Microfiber towel, using a medium/heavy pressure on glass surface.
•If this does not remove the `water spots' use Autoglym Car Glass PolishTM and #0000 or #000 steel wool, use straight-line motions only (circular motions cause swirl marks)
JonM