Aircraft Wax Coating on a car? Car wash soap suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 11:04 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Aircraft Wax Coating on a car? Car wash soap suggestions?

Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie here. Got my 08 TL Navi just over a month ago....other than the sucky gas mileage...i'm loving the car....

Anyways, unlike most guys here, I don't have the time to go through the clay/wax/detail intensive stuff...I can do the quick pressure wash and dry my car detail....I don't drive a lot....around 90 miles per week.....and my car doesn't get dirty...other than dusty.....and I pressure wash it once a week.

I was thinking of bringing my car to this place:
www.californiadetailing.com

They are highly recommended on yelp.com where users post their opinions. They seem well organized....and state that they apply 3 layers of high-gloss wash resistant aircraft wax coating on your car.....photos look very slick.

They are charging for $295 exterior and $55 for the interior. You drop your car off in the morning and pick it up that same evening.

What do you think? Is it worth it? My friends tell me my car is still pretty "slick" looking for it to be detailed that intensely. Maybe wait 6 mos to a year before having this done?

-----------------------------

On another subject....what's the best and easiest car wash soap that I can either spray on or just quickly apply on my car when i'm doing the high pressure car wash....I know I'm supposed to use soap to lubricate the surface and get the dirt off easily.....so far I've only rinsed it with the high pressure water......

Thanks a bunch!

M.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I found that Armorall makes a great car wash. I don't care for their other products except the car wash.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what have you done to your car in the past month that would require soo much attention? I'd assume a polish in wax my be in order, but spending $350 detailing a 1 month old car is alittle excessive in my book.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:31 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lembowski
what have you done to your car in the past month that would require soo much attention? I'd assume a polish in wax my be in order, but spending $350 detailing a 1 month old car is alittle excessive in my book.
I know...that's what I was thinking. I was just going to have it detailed to get the polish and wax done....I don't really have the time to do it myself.

What would you suggest that I do? My car still looks pretty slick and new. As I've stated above, I've only rinsed and dried it once a week for the past month and it still looks good...I'm trying to figure out what kind of soap to use or if I should just use the "soap" setting on the DIY high pressure car wash.

I was also looking at using the Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine....seems like something that's fairly easy and finishing off with Meguiar's QD.

Do you think that's sufficient for now? Only reason I thought of having it detailed now so that I can get the Polish/Wax done.

Thanks again.

M.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well find the "time" to stop by a do it yourself place and vaccuum it out and keep a mini california duster in your car to wipe everything down.

I wouldn't pay more than $200 for a great place to polish and wax.........maybe up in San Fran they try to rape you on prices dunno
Old 06-12-2008, 01:28 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
for that money you can hit up excel (our sponsor) and get a hell of a detailing arsenal and a new hobby
Old 06-12-2008, 02:14 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by phee
for that money you can hit up excel (our sponsor) and get a hell of a detailing arsenal and a new hobby
That would be the best and most cost effective option but the OP doesn't have the time to do a full detail.

Anyways, unlike most guys here, I don't have the time to go through the clay/wax/detail intensive stuff...