08 Acura TL-S Night Hawk Black Pearls

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 11:35 PM
He who laughs, last didnt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 Acura TL-S Night Hawk Black Pearls

my ex-nieghbor of mine wanted me to do his car for awhile now, so i had the time and took advantage on sunday (finally had a decent weather). his car went thro machine carwash every week, it really messed up his paint.
spiderwebs was found all over his door panel and hood, light/deep swirls all around his hood and trunk area (Perfect time to test the flex i was dying to use it for couple weeks, and some menzerna i bought recently). his wheel was a mess really thick and sticky Brake dust, i knew i was gonna get dirty .

Exterior
Steps:
Meguairs tire and Wheel Brush, and Paint Brushes / Car Beauty Wheelie clean(Rims) and Meguairs APC(Tire and wheel Well) Zaino Clear Seal(sealant)
Eurow Sheepskin Mitts, 2 Buckets and Grit Guard / Opimun Car wash ONR Mix 1oz EA
Zaino ClayBar / ONR as lub
3m Blue Tape
Flex XC3401, and UDM, Pads: LC CCS PWP,2Orange,3white - 5.5 Yellow/Orange Flate Pads / Meguiar 105, Menzerna Sip and PO106
1 Gallon spritzer (ONR Pre sprayer)
2 Black CCS Hand Pads / Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection Sealant, Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax
and
Whole Bunch Mirco Towels

Process:
I started w/ the wheel, it took me awhile.

After

Door and Trunk Area

After wash & dry, went under carport and started to clay. I Notice when i started using ONW as Lub. the clay doesnt seem to get that dirty.

sorry i couldnt get some good 50/50 picture my dual halogen light crap out on me ..

Time for ONW fun

After: Blackfire Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection Sealant Polycharged

i waited to the next day for the final icing.
I started the next day with wash with ONR then move on with this

after

Sunset

Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax really brings out the blue flaks

total times: 10hours
obtw i did the interior a day before sry for no pic
hope you guys enjo
Old 03-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh lawd, that looks great man!
Old 03-13-2009, 11:45 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Awesome job, bAek-sU! Actually, I guess you're not a "백수" anymore. You can open up your own detailing business!
Old 03-13-2009, 11:48 PM
DESI miern

wow.. i REALLY need to learn how to detail my car lol ill wander around this section alot more!
Old 03-14-2009, 02:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
thats freakin awesome, any more pics of where you taped? Im confused as to where to tape. did you polish/wax the door pillars with the pc? and where the door handle is, alot of scratches get in there howd u manage to polish in there
Old 03-14-2009, 05:27 AM
The Detailer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great! It's too bad your halogens crapped out on you because those and the sun shots I enjoy the most.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
(finally had a decent weather)
You live in Hawaii for cryin out loud! Who you tryin to kid Matt!! LMAO
Looks beautiful Matt! With NBP, it either looks great, or ya gotta start all over again, nice work bro!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Baek...great job. I don't think in ever seen quite so many blue flakes in a NBP TL.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
judging from the wheel rash and the condition of the car before you started, that guy doesnt really care too much for his car....

nice work!!
Old 03-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Racer

Nice Job! 10 hours for a 3 step polish is very good. I just wish I could see some sun shots or the Halogens. I can tell though from the one camera Flash pic that the paint looks corrected. Did you feel the need to go with SIP after M105. M105 finishes down so nice you probably could have gone straight to 106ff with a white pad? Did you try this first before going to the SIP? Did you use a wool pad with M105?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:24 PM
He who laughs, last didnt

Originally Posted by 04DCTL
oh lawd, that looks great man!
thx
Originally Posted by princelybug
Awesome job, bAek-sU! Actually, I guess you're not a "백수" anymore. You can open up your own detailing business!
thx for the compliment, but i still got a long way to go
Originally Posted by NoLimitDeC
wow.. i REALLY need to learn how to detail my car lol ill wander around this section alot more!
you should, you gotta protect your investment
Originally Posted by flip_side
thats freakin awesome, any more pics of where you taped? Im confused as to where to tape. did you polish/wax the door pillars with the pc? and where the door handle is, alot of scratches get in there howd u manage to polish in there
just try and tape whatever you can like the black rubber and the black plastic trims. then after your done with polishing, i would go around, use a detail brush and scrub the places that got hit with polish. about the inner handle, sometimes i would wetsand it with 3k grit (do it with your own risk)and use elbow grease to polish it off. this is the pad i used for tight area http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/s...6116&pd=301291.
Originally Posted by Denzil
Looks great! It's too bad your halogens crapped out on you because those and the sun shots I enjoy the most.
thx denzil.. last pic is my fav one..
Originally Posted by exceldetail
You live in Hawaii for cryin out loud! Who you tryin to kid Matt!! LMAO
Looks beautiful Matt! With NBP, it either looks great, or ya gotta start all over again, nice work bro!
lol.. its been raining constantly and its been really cold (believe it or not ). but thx Pat you always make me laff with your comments
Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Baek...great job. I don't think in ever seen quite so many blue flakes in a NBP TL.
Originally Posted by vinnier6
judging from the wheel rash and the condition of the car before you started, that guy doesnt really care too much for his car....

nice work!!
thx, thx..!
Originally Posted by conan777
Nice Job! 10 hours for a 3 step polish is very good. I just wish I could see some sun shots or the Halogens. I can tell though from the one camera Flash pic that the paint looks corrected. Did you feel the need to go with SIP after M105. M105 finishes down so nice you probably could have gone straight to 106ff with a white pad? Did you try this first before going to the SIP? Did you use a wool pad with M105?
not really the m105 really amaze me.. some places like the lower bumper and bodykit needed 2-3 steps. but most of the area i went with sip w/ orange then 106 w/white or i just went straight to 106 (since the 106 has some cuting abilitys). o btw thx conan for your advice and looking forward to your next project.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bAek-sU
lol.. its been raining constantly and its been really cold (believe it or not ). but thx Pat you always make me laff with your comments
yup. its been raining like mad and in the high 50's in the morning... that's arctic weather for us!

hey, that kinda' looks like the kaheka area. where you located?
Old 03-17-2009, 10:40 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Excellent work!!!!

Nice to see another NBP beauty.