AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   TL/TLX Frequently Asked Questions (https://acurazine.com/forums/tl-tlx-frequently-asked-questions-95/)
-   -   Nationality of TL owners (https://acurazine.com/forums/tl-tlx-frequently-asked-questions-95/nationality-tl-owners-555787/)

Fleur 07-29-2004 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by MasterTL
like ur name fluer...are you french? or did you get it from that short story.

anyways...why do you have negative points

I got it from Fleur d'Elise, the emblem on the Saints helmets.

I had negative points for a while because someone was offended by my post that said that I thought that there were an awful lot of black people driving TLs and that I was not sure if this is what Acura had in mind

cullal 07-29-2004 06:28 PM

anyways...why do you have negative points

How did you find out that he had negative points?

arkk 07-29-2004 06:46 PM

I'm from New Jersey via Westchester County, NY via Brooklyn. Anybody got a problem wit dat? :toocool:

Fleur 07-29-2004 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by arkk
I'm from New Jersey via Westchester County, NY via Brooklyn. Anybody got a problem wit dat? :toocool:

No problem. Do you go by "Gino", "Guido", or "Wop"?

Road Rage 07-29-2004 07:12 PM

My nationality is American.

My heritage is German - my family arrived here in Charleston SC harbor in 1805, one brave soul seeking refuge from the principality wars in Germany before the reunification.

Jcxny 07-29-2004 07:14 PM

100 % Cantonese , In another word Asian or Chinese

PoochaKannInc 07-29-2004 07:22 PM

Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Indian
Born and Raised: Omani

Pot80h 07-29-2004 08:16 PM

I don't know if I count as a "TL Owner" as I'm between TLs right now... but:

British :D Grew up and worked around Newcastle upon Tyne, where Newcastle Brown Ale comes from. Moved to Vegas 9 years ago. Still a British Citizen (gets me out of jury duty!).

-=¤willhaven¤=- 07-29-2004 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Republican TL
100% AMERICAN!!!

If you were born in this country...that is your nationality.

word... im not a german-american/irish-american/english-american/scottish-american/american-indian

im a fucking american

perhaps i could be a californian-american though :)

tvo7 07-29-2004 11:30 PM

so it seems that majority of 3G TL owners are Asian then. I wonder why so many Asians live this car.

xlilbluux 07-29-2004 11:42 PM

how about TLnese or TLerian or TLish TLian?

indoMFP 07-29-2004 11:49 PM

Oh, shit... another TL Rollcall??? Have we not done this before....??? Nonetheless, I have to represent for the desi crowd.... I am Indian, from India.... or for JoganJani, I am from Hindustan and I am hindustani..... peace out.....

like ur name fluer...are you french? or did you get it from that short story. anyways...why do you have negative points

He got negative points cause he started fucking with folks in ramblings, they called him out and he started sending threatening PM's.... most of us forgave him and still hooked him up with positive points, thus he is in the positive again....

Originally Posted by tvo7
so it seems that majority of 3G TL owners are Asian then. I wonder why so many Asians live this car.

Cause we know a good deal when we see one.... :D

:rant: <---- I love this smiley...

NYZGREATST 07-30-2004 12:36 AM

im indian, from gujurat.

Republican TL 07-30-2004 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by greaTLakes
Driver: Nighthawk Black Pearl
Car: Satin Silver Metallic :)

ROFL!!! Hysterical....when you shower do you Zaino or use Meguiar's :D

takuyaah 07-30-2004 03:04 AM

nationality??i thought everyone here is american.....or do you mean ethnicity?

Ron A 07-30-2004 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by takuyaah
nationality??i thought everyone here is american.....or do you mean ethnicity?

It is not necessarily a fact that everyone here is American. There are many people who are in the US, either legally or illegally, who could own or lease a TL; therefore, their nationality would be the country where they hold citizenship.

By definition:

Nationality: The status of belonging to a particular nation by origin, birth, or naturalization

Ethnicity: an ethnic quality or affiliation resulting from racial or cultural ties; "ethnicity has a strong influence on community status relations

I believe the originator of this thread probably intended to use the term “ethnicity” (although I cannot positively speak for his intentions), because that is the broader term of the two, and would more closely define the owners of TL’s.

Whatever his intention, the majority of replies reflect ethnicity rather than nationality.

This reply provides the broadest information and best example:
PoochaKannInc

narnia 07-30-2004 11:54 AM

I'm a Noo Yawker. We're a whole other breed. ;)

TLGator 07-30-2004 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by EggrollXpress61
The irish were the historical bitches of the english, lol.

Historical? As in not anymore?

greaTLakes 07-30-2004 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Republican TL
ROFL!!! Hysterical....when you shower do you Zaino or use Meguiar's :D

Normally, I prefer Meguiars. On those days I lose my mind and think I can outrun an M5, I opt for Zaino for the extra edge. :loco:

bodyshopguy 07-30-2004 03:06 PM

Irish boy here. I see lots of old people in them. Guess cause im in Florida the retired state. they dont even know how much power they got. I always fly by them.

EluSiOn 07-30-2004 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by dcarlinf1
Ummm, I believe you started this by calling people pricks. Lighten up.

BTW - I'm 100% American with Irish roots. My great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was a body guard for the Henry the VIII.

I am taiwanese (asian) lives in the red neck country (South Carolina) :D

I believe that my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather once upon a time worked on the Great Wall of China

takuyaah 08-03-2004 01:48 AM

man...they really need to change the law that illegal citizen can own a car....how can they even have a license if they r illegal?????...anyhow..i still think most people here are american...so this question is kinda stupid..and what's with the "oriental" crap? i bet i am gonna hear someone say chinaman and stuff...

Originally Posted by Ron A
It is not necessarily a fact that everyone here is American. There are many people who are in the US, either legally or illegally, who could own or lease a TL; therefore, their nationality would be the country where they hold citizenship.

By definition:

Nationality: The status of belonging to a particular nation by origin, birth, or naturalization

Ethnicity: an ethnic quality or affiliation resulting from racial or cultural ties; "ethnicity has a strong influence on community status relations

I believe the originator of this thread probably intended to use the term “ethnicity” (although I cannot positively speak for his intentions), because that is the broader term of the two, and would more closely define the owners of TL’s.

Whatever his intention, the majority of replies reflect ethnicity rather than nationality.

This reply provides the broadest information and best example:
PoochaKannInc

pimpravi 08-03-2004 02:25 AM

Asian > Indian > Punjabi

chuk de!

LegendaryChic 08-03-2004 01:00 PM

Looks like I'm the only Vietnamese girl here :)

Add another asian

tvo7 08-03-2004 09:50 PM

Legendarychick: Hey a Vietgirl who drives a TL. Not many Viet girl I see drive one of these. What made you decide on a TL?

shawn744 08-03-2004 10:09 PM

Legendarychick: Hey a Vietgirl who drives a TL. Not many Viet girl I see drive one of these. What made you decide on a TL?

my guess is cuz it rocks, and girls know about cars just as much as we do. smart.

TL260power 08-03-2004 11:21 PM

hispanic american here

LegendaryChic 08-04-2004 10:49 AM

Well my previous car was a 1992 Legend LS Coupe 5spd, which didn't leave me much choice... I loved that car and it was hard to replace. I think the TL did a pretty good job of that :)

tvo7 08-04-2004 08:56 PM

Hey Vietgirl,
Not only do you drive a TL, you know how to drive a stick. Are you sure you are a Viet girl :)

LegendaryChic 08-05-2004 09:08 AM

Hey Vietgirl,
Not only do you drive a TL, you know how to drive a stick. Are you sure you are a Viet girl :)

In the defense of the female gender, there are plenty of girls out there that can drive stick... I just happen to be one :)

Loving the 6MT by the way!

Shinj1EVA 08-05-2004 10:51 AM

One more asian for the count. Chinese ;)

tvo7 08-05-2004 10:41 PM

Well, legendarychic, in deefnse of the Viet girl gender that is :) PLenty of white girl I know drive stick. oure the only Viet girl I know that can drive a stick :) That would be such an odd site to sit in a car with a viet girl who is driving a stick :)

DARK6mt 08-06-2004 08:44 AM

I know plenty of Korean girls that drive stick as well!

-James

NightRider 08-06-2004 11:50 AM

I know 2 asian girls who can ride stick very well. I mean drive stick... ;)

HeLLxRiSeS 08-17-2004 01:55 AM

Are you prrrrreetty vietgirl?

JetJock 08-17-2004 06:47 AM

I'm an alien

takkar 08-17-2004 11:35 AM

Indian punjabi here too!!!!

koobreez 08-17-2004 02:21 PM

3rd Generation Japanese heritage. But I consider myself an American... :-)

koobreez 08-17-2004 02:38 PM

3rd Generation Japanese heritage here. But I consider myself an American... :-)

beeboy4life 08-17-2004 05:19 PM

Jamaican American... :woot: