Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > AcuraZine TL/TLX Community > TL/TLX Frequently Asked Questions
Reload this Page >

Have you found any New Features?? 3G Garage #L-001 (Summary in Post#1)

Notices
TL/TLX Frequently Asked Questions No New Threads Please.

Have you found any New Features?? 3G Garage #L-001 (Summary in Post#1)

Old 02-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SnappyPappy
Sheesh, guys all of this stuff is in the manual . .! What happened to actually reading about your new toys? Hell, I took home the owner's manual and navi manual prior to my purchase just to bone up. . . This car is chock full of technology. Unless you just like blind discovery - it's all explained (well mostly all) in the little booklets you get in a nice leather/plastic carry case. . . .

Just curious...... if all this stuff is in the manual, why are you wasting your time reading this thread? i'm not saying most isn't in the manual, but some of us would prefer to get some of our info in this forum.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Riu
2004 TL

Found something in the TL that I dont recall being mentioned. Kinda Cool.

I was in my car tonight and I pulled into my drive way. I had the front two windows down. I put the drivers side up and the pass side would not go up. I saw that I had locked it by accident while i was driving somehow. When I pressed the button I noticed something. The light within each of the switches for the windows goes off when the windows are locked. And on the driver side control panel they all go off except for the one for the driver. So each doors switch goes dark and the 3 windoes excluding the drivers windows light goes off when the window lock is on. When you release it, the lights come back. Though it was interesting and would share what I found out.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Registered Member

Yes, they had that one the 2nd gen. as well.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:18 AM
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts
locked.. light.. window... lock.. switch.. light.. lock.. realease.. window..

Can someone clarify please?
Old 05-14-2006, 07:22 AM
SOX FAN

Originally Posted by datmrman
locked.. light.. window... lock.. switch.. light.. lock.. realease.. window..

Can someone clarify please?
I believe he is saying that on each window button there is a light at night when the headlights are on. When the driver locks the windows, the lights in these buttons will go off.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:43 AM
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Riu
I was in my car tonight and I pulled into my drive way. I had the front two windows down. I put the drivers side up and the pass side would not go up. I saw that I had locked it by accident while i was driving somehow. When I pressed the button I noticed something. The light within each of the switches for the windows goes off when the windows are locked. And on the driver side control panel they all go off except for the one for the driver. So each doors switch goes dark and the 3 windoes excluding the drivers windows light goes off when the window lock is on. When you release it, the lights come back. Though it was interesting and would share what I found out.
Yes I thought that was very cool too. Like you, I figured that out by accident.

I figured out another cool little thing that I have never seen here. The other day I was late for work so instead of turning around to go down my driveway head first, I just backed all the way down. When I put the car in reverse the right mirror folded down like I have it set to do. The neat thing is, when I hit about 18mph while backing down the driveway the mirror folded back up to normal driving position. When I got to the end of the driveway and I slowed down to a normal sane reversing speed the mirror folded back down to the curb view. I just thought this was pretty cool and wanted to share. Who would have thought that the mirrors could be speed sensitive.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Animal Whisperer

Being said, something I think would be really cool would be to somehow rig the mirrors to both go down when you are in reverse. Any way to make the center position somehow trigger both? THIS along with the auto up how-to that was documented here (roll up windows/sun roof on 2nd push of button on key fob) and another trick would make me feel like my car was perfect for what it is. But yes, after hitting a high speed in reverse, that mirror trick was something I definitely did not know about! That is pretty cool :)

Originally Posted by bhelsdon

I figured out another cool little thing that I have never seen here. The other day I was late for work so instead of turning around to go down my driveway head first, I just backed all the way down. When I put the car in reverse the right mirror folded down like I have it set to do. The neat thing is, when I hit about 18mph while backing down the driveway the mirror folded back up to normal driving position. When I got to the end of the driveway and I slowed down to a normal sane reversing speed the mirror folded back down to the curb view. I just thought this was pretty cool and wanted to share. Who would have thought that the mirrors could be speed sensitive.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:52 AM
Currently at 50,546 miles

My 2003 Accord had the window light thing too, but you're right, it's a neat little touch for Acura to do that.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

Received 292 Likes on 252 Posts
The Passat had a listing of over 25 hidden features that weren't listed in the manual or any where else .. even down to a small hidden switch on the steering wheel that you could shut off the radio/cruise lights that are in the wheel.

I wonder how many other hidden features have been found for the TL.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:08 AM
Animal Whisperer

Yeah, no telling, but that reverse thing I would think would be documented somehow? Either way, the power being cut to the switches makes sense and also explains how the people who followed the radar detector hardwire thread instructions got the added benefit of having an on/off switch at their disposal when hitting the window lock/unlock thing.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Riu

Repost!!!

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73974

Originally Posted by brandomc
When you have the power windows locked, the passenger and rear control do not illuminate when running lights or headlights are on. When unlocked, the controllers illuminate.
Originally Posted by jgrahamiii
Oddly enough, neither does the control to unlock these windows. Why would you want that light to go out?
Old 05-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

Repost!!!

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...4&page=7&pp=25

Originally Posted by TXTL
While in reverse either the right or left mirror tilt down BUT if you go over 5 MPH in reverse the mirror returns to the normal position. When you drop back under 5 MPH the mirror tilts down again.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by ghanaba

I'm impressed with your search abilities. I actually did not know about the mirror going back up at > 5 mph.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:25 PM
DCC
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow....wish my driveway was long enough to hit 18mph in reverse! No such thing in southern california I guess!
Old 05-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad this thread was resurrected by a new post so that I could find it! I just finished reading through the whole thing (should be working, but it's Munday...), and the most intriguing items for me were:

(1) Getting the sunroof to "tilt up" instead of slide back
(2) A "fine zoom" function on the navi
(3) Navi voice readback of street and town names using synthesized voice

I have not had a chance to try these because my wife drives our TL on weekdays (I get the truck) so I'll have to check them out tonight when we get home. Can't wait!

The synthesized voice item was surprising to me because I knew the RL did this, but did not know the TL had some of the same functionality. I suspect that many (or all) of the RL functions are in there but disabled. Acura has to give people SOME perks for spending an extra $10-15k on the RL!!! (Though IMHO there's not nearly enough justification to spend the extra on the RL... but that's another thread).
Old 05-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Registered Member

Received 87 Likes on 79 Posts
I didn't read all of the 12 pages of this...so I don't know if this was mentioned or not.

Silence......*crickets*

Sorry for the suspense....there is a trunk net located.....NEXT TO THE SPARE TIRE!!

Now some of you are scratching your head, and some of you are running to your cars to check.... I personally thought the dealer stole mine as I saw it as a standard accessory, lol

Now my question is...how the hell do you stop the driver side arm rest from sliding?
Old 05-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

whats that odd compartment inside the door pockets in front for?
Old 05-16-2006, 12:55 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ililillilillilil
whats that odd compartment inside the door pockets in front for?
Believe it or not, that's the sunglasses holder. It's pretty weak. I wish it had it by the homelink like my old Accord.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:03 AM
Registered Member

i want to remove them now, thanks
Old 05-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 037
Now my question is...how the hell do you stop the driver side arm rest from sliding?
Does your slide very easily? Mine takes considerable effort to slide. Maybe there is something wrong with yours and you should get it looked at.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

This thread is awesome. Should be sticky or in 3G garage!!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Received 785 Likes on 443 Posts
Originally Posted by 006r
This thread is awesome. Should be sticky or in 3G garage!!!!
Good idea. Not a sticky, but now in the 3G Garage.

L-001: Have you found any New Features??
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73974
Old 05-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

haha this thread was very helpful.. im a new owner of a 2004 6spd TL and here's some of the stuff that was new and helpful to me from reading this thread.

- the adjustable center armrest
- the coin holder placement
- the handle in the trunk
- the sliding armrest

thanks guys
Old 05-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

haha this thread was very helpful.. im a new owner of a 2004 6spd TL and here's some of the stuff that was new and helpful to me from reading this thread.

- the adjustable center armrest
- the coin holder placement
- the handle in the trunk
- the sliding visor

thanks guys
Old 05-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Registered Member

Here is a little something for all of you that don't live on the East Coast. Not only is the side mirror defrosters good for snow, it will bake off rain also to keep the mirrors clear while it is raining. I did not realize they got that hot. But whenever it rains, they go on and the mirrors are bone dry the whole ride...
Old 05-26-2006, 08:09 PM
2016 TLX

Excuse me if this is covered above, but after a year I just discovered that if I don't fasten the seat belt the car voice (Betsy) reminds me.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GeraldB
Excuse me if this is covered above, but after a year I just discovered that if I don't fasten the seat belt the car voice (Betsy) reminds me.
she gets pissed when u dont put your seatbelt on for a whole year. haha
Old 05-27-2006, 12:41 PM
RAR

Received 1,056 Likes on 612 Posts
More importantly, she says something when you dont take off the parking brake! Useful because our car is powerful enough that it will power through the parking brake unlike other cars I've had where it wouldnt budge...
Old 05-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

is that an option that you have to turn on? All I get is a warning chime after awhile. I do use seat belts all the time though.

Dave
Old 05-27-2006, 02:36 PM
TL Loverrrrrrr

No. It is a standard feature, not an option. You should mention to your dealer.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:52 PM
To punish and enslave

Originally Posted by dmarcus48
is that an option that you have to turn on? All I get is a warning chime after awhile. I do use seat belts all the time though.

Dave
I only get the chime as well. Would navigation be a factor? I dont have navi
Old 05-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

My 05 TL Navi only provides me with the beeping and a message on the MID to fasten seatbelt (or something like that) when I do not have my seatbelt fasten.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Same here 06 w/navi, no voice for the seat belt.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

I call BS on this one!
Old 05-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Are you sure it's not your wife saying it? BTW how do you know her name is Betsy? Did she tell you this too?
Old 05-29-2006, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

For 6MT guys... car idles like an automatic!!!

I discovered this while in stop-and-go traffic. I'm pretty sure you have to be on a flat road. But I was in traffic, and in 2nd gear. I wasn't completed stopped but chuggin' along slowly and had to cover my brakes. As I lightly pressed the brake to slow down, I could feel the car pulling, and in a manual that's quite odd, i mean the car just winds down and stops/stalls doesn't it? Well, this thing kept my RPMs at a little under 1000, and I was able to just let go of the brake and the car would idle along at that RPM. It beats clutch play and all that crap. Try it.. and tell me if I"m trippin' . Get going, shift into second, and just let go of the gas, you can brake (but not come to a complete stop, mind you), and you should feel the car pull a little. and if you're slow enough and just let go the everything completely, the car just keeps going! Oh I have an 06 TL btw.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:26 AM
To punish and enslave

It was metioned here before but I completely forgot about this. It is one of the features of the drive-by-wire throttle.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TL CHROMETIDE
It was metioned here before but I completely forgot about this. It is one of the features of the drive-by-wire throttle.

woops.. i thought it might be a repeat... but i tried to read this post the fastest I could so I wouldn't repeat anything.. it's a lotta pages you know? haha
Old 06-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by gatdammit
I discovered this while in stop-and-go traffic. I'm pretty sure you have to be on a flat road. But I was in traffic, and in 2nd gear. I wasn't completed stopped but chuggin' along slowly and had to cover my brakes. As I lightly pressed the brake to slow down, I could feel the car pulling, and in a manual that's quite odd, i mean the car just winds down and stops/stalls doesn't it? Well, this thing kept my RPMs at a little under 1000, and I was able to just let go of the brake and the car would idle along at that RPM. It beats clutch play and all that crap. Try it.. and tell me if I"m trippin' . Get going, shift into second, and just let go of the gas, you can brake (but not come to a complete stop, mind you), and you should feel the car pull a little. and if you're slow enough and just let go the everything completely, the car just keeps going! Oh I have an 06 TL btw.

haha, i love this! i guess i didn't see this posted before either in the thread. i tested this in a parking lot for gears 1-4 so far and it worked. thanks for the tip! helps a ton in traffic!
Old 06-01-2006, 06:33 PM
FramedVision

OK sorry if this has been mentioned already.

I remember reading in this Thread that someone wanted a good way to pause the CD/DVD playing and their solution was to press the handsfree button...Well i just discovered that If you press the corresponding preset number as the CD/DVD that is playing, it will pause and say pause on the screen... For example, your on Disc 5 and you want to pause...press disc 5 or preset 5 and it will pause.
Again sorry if it's already been said.

If not... enjoy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Have you found any New Features?? 3G Garage #L-001 (Summary in Post#1)

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.