Suspension Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 12:59 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension Feedback

I'm looking at getting suspension soon and I've done a lot of reading of this suspension and that suspension. I guess I just want to compile everyone's thoughts with what suspension they are using. I'm looking at going with the Buddy Club N+. Does anyone have them and wish they got something else? Why? Any other suspensions out there you guys are having issues with? What do you wish you went with instead? I've see people go with Konis/EPK, Tein Streets, Tein Flex, KW, Megans, F&F.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:36 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,184 Likes on 891 Posts
N+'s are a little harsh on the street.

What are you looking to do with the car?
Old 02-11-2016, 11:50 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roland_Bluntzs
N+'s are a little harsh on the street.

What are you looking to do with the car?
Daily driver, sometimes some spirited driving on back roads.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:22 AM
Safety Car

KW makes an economy line by the name of ST. They would work great on the street. Especially for the "spirited" part. I had them on a wagon and really liked them. Really good body control combined with ride quality. Idk where you're located. But I'm selling an almost new set of these for cheap.

KW V1's are about the same as the ST ST-X. But the V1's have stainless steel construction and a lifetime warranty.

Tein street advance is another good option...but they are fairly soft. With the damper setting cranked up, you do get a bit more feedback, though. I really like them (on my sedan). It is purely a daily driver. I guess I do some spirited driving with it when I'm bored. The ST's do have a lot more low speed bump/rebound damping to keep the body under control. The Teins kinda lack that even at the higher damper settings. I have had mine for 50K+ miles. They still work and look great.

Tein Street Flex is a little more agressive than the advance....but may be overkill unless you really want to slam the car into the ground as well.

I think H&R makes a street performance coilover for the 2nd gen. The rumor is that the shocks are from Bilstein. It seems like it may be true. They are gas pressure monotube shocks....and they are fairly "expensive" for a height-only adjustable coilover. I may try them in the future because they look like a nice system.....but have not used them yet.

I have bought a lot of coilover systems through thmotorsports.com.

Heeltoe has this stuff as well, and they are another very reputable retailer.
The following users liked this post:
Puppetmaster (03-11-2016)
Old 02-22-2016, 08:04 AM
PROFESSIONAL IDIOT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Megan ez streets. Extremely comfortable ride even when slammed., 8 levels of dampening, and they come with top perches so install is a lot easier AND they are offered at a good price.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:00 PM
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts
I personally did not like the Megan EZ streets. Less spring travel and a bouncy ride compared to springs and stock struts. I did not have it "slammed" but to the point where the tires just sat on the fender. I am on stock struts and Tein S tech springs since 2/22/11 (wow just over 5 years now). This set up is slightly higher in the front and rear compared to the Megans.

Also of some importance. After alignment all but rear camber were within OEM specs. Looking at my alignment sheet I have 2.9 negative camber in the rear and I will tell you that I only get about 14,000 miles out of summer grade tires. So you may want to consider adjustable rear camber arms.

I would love to try out a more expensive set of coil overs some day but will wait for a blown shock or something for motivation.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:02 AM
Safety Car

If your toe is set correctly, and you buy the right tires, you should only see minimal wear from -2.9 degrees of camber.

Admittedly, -2.9 is about what our wagon has...and its a bit much. I'd like to dial it out, but that would require that I roll the rear fenders (aftermarket wheels). And...I live in IL (snow/salt central). So...I'm not rolling fenders. The summer wheels and tires probably only have 5-10k on them. The rears look great despite the -2.9 degrees. The fronts wore quite a bit even though the front camber is like -0.5 deg. The car is on Conti DW's. We'll probably get like 20-30k max out of them. Sucks.

My sedan has -2.5 or -2.7 degrees or something (rear camber). I have 15-20k on my Pilot SS. Seems like they'll last me 40-50k+ miles. No uneven wear at all.

Align it. Buy the right tires.