3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yeah buddy, who needs wheels when your TL can fly

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome work. Glad the night ended safely.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Engineer in Training

Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts
Holy Dick Tracy Batman! Have you thought about majoring in criminal justice? lol
Old 08-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
wow...amazing...

now give us the addresses and exact details of cars of the guilty parties involved, so we can enact some eye-for-an-eye justice
Old 08-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Alien from Mars

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
great read haha
Old 08-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks everyone. The internet is a very powerful tool, and of course I couldn't have gotten my rims back without the help of my friends.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Great job man. Hope the guy gets what he deserves. The cops did mOre for you then I thought they would have. Time to get a good alarm on your car and home along with cameras cause this guy and his friends might want to seek vengeance on u.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:47 PM
-Brian

Received 241 Likes on 167 Posts
very well written, and good job about keeping your composure. Yes everyone feels like they want to beat the living heck out of the person, but where does that get you? You handled it well.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JORTS
Great job man. Hope the guy gets what he deserves. The cops did mOre for you then I thought they would have. Time to get a good alarm on your car and home along with cameras cause this guy and his friends might want to seek vengeance on u.
I actually had a detective on the case the whole time, but I pretty much did all the work for him.. And yeah I'm definitely installing security cameras around the house along with motion sensor lights. Adding tilt and shock sensors to my car as well, and will have 2 wheel locks once I mount the rims again.

Originally Posted by Nexson
very well written, and good job about keeping your composure. Yes everyone feels like they want to beat the living heck out of the person, but where does that get you? You handled it well.
Heh, my buddies and I were all secretly hoping something would go down, but I decided to take the safer route.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Glad you got the rims back. Yea Internet is a powerful tool!!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
I'm glad the cops were able to help handle the situation...as I neared the end of your story, I was getting nervous as to the outcome. In South Florida, I'm not certain they have time to dedicate to a rim theft...but nice to know they were there for you!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
Very nice work!

I hope that 'Erick' fucker gets a good fine/time in jail. I hope they prosecute him not only for your theft but tons of others he has done in the past.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:00 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
nice....if you not a private detective, you certainly can become one....you got all the skills mang....

good to see cops helping you out with the "sting" operation....it would have been awesome to get hold of the guy in the parking lot itself.....

just my 2 cents will be not to take the law in your hands as thats why we pay insurance....you knocking on the guys door and if he knew it was you and threw a shot with a gun or whatever, you can get your life back mang....

be careful out there....

PS: i wish I would have gotten my stolen Honda CBR 600RR back....i searched on craigslist for parts/bike/etc....and went to couple places where i might spot the bike but guess the thief was smarter than that...either way...am happy for you bro....

Last edited by swoosh; 08-13-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Hot Ass!

Received 157 Likes on 124 Posts
That was f'n awesome!!! Sounds like a 20/20 special!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:50 AM

Received 705 Likes on 538 Posts
Glad to come here and see some positive updates!
Old 08-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Wow.. CSI Texas. Great work!
Old 08-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
great job getting them back.....I would have been just as fixated on it..

More reason for me to get a dash cam now...
Old 08-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Glad you got them back man. I would of done the same thing.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:11 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
such an epic win, good job Tann! i bet that guy was shocked as hell that you were able to track him down.

i wish i could have done the same thing when my roof spoiler got snatched...but it's not worth my time, unlike your wheels.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:59 AM
blah!

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
man I just read this thread now. That is some epic investigative skills. If anyone needs their sh!t found in texas they know who to call.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow ... i agree with all the other comments here, you should really think about becoming an investigator LOL ..crazy story *mind blasted*
Old 08-15-2012, 09:15 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Epic investigation skills! Tannn FTMFW! So much win in this thread!
Old 08-17-2012, 12:45 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow thats impressive. A security camera set with HD wireless cameras and a hard drive with 1 terabite is alot cheaper than i thought it would be. I have been looking into this lately. Especialy the last 30 minutes when it sounded like someone opened my front door, heard my dogs bark and shut it. I was holding my 6 month old daughter so i just peeked out the window and didnt see anything. If i had the camera it would be simple.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:44 AM
'07 TL Type-S

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
Wow, that's crazy. Glad you were smart about it and didn't just beat the guys ass. It had to be tempting. lol. I guess everyone on Acurazine knows who to call if their rims get taken.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:10 AM

The internet and a little persistence is a powerful thing...
Hopefully that makes thieves a little less inclined.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:50 AM

Received 705 Likes on 538 Posts
Once a thief always a thief, they will just try and find ways to cover their tracks better..
Old 08-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
Nice work getting them back. Hopefully "Erick" gets what he deserves. I hate thieves.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:11 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All 4 of my stock wheels got stolen and placed on blocks about 2 yrs ago. I couldn't figure out who did it although a neighbour saw them and called the cops. Cops took prints off the car but they were never found.

I have since installed security cameras.

Nice job tracking them down getting back what's yours.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:20 AM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
Seems like this was a planning heist. I'm sure mentioned a bunch of times already, install better security + wheel locks and hope for the best.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
on the news i saw a preview that said "find out how this person got their stolen merchandise back." I thought for sure it would be about this, but it wasnt. Same type of thing though, a guys bike was stolen in portland, OR and he found it on CL in seattle. it was a $2k bike new.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:19 AM

Yeah man...the internet is awesome.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Cruisin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Tannn is da mannn!! Great job ~ what a story!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:30 PM

You should really look into getting some rotors and a BBK and then recreating the image you created on the first page and sell it to the vendor. That shot is awesome...your PS skills are on point.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by aBe 024
Glad you got the rims back. Yea Internet is a powerful tool!!
Thank you. It's almost creepy how much information you can find out about someone you don't even know, haha.

Originally Posted by rockstar143
I'm glad the cops were able to help handle the situation...as I neared the end of your story, I was getting nervous as to the outcome. In South Florida, I'm not certain they have time to dedicate to a rim theft...but nice to know they were there for you!
Yeah, I wasn't too sure they'd be willing to come out. But when I dialed 911, I told them it was not an emergency but I would still need their help. To my surprise they said they would dispatch an officer to me shortly.

Originally Posted by imj0257
Very nice work!

I hope that 'Erick' fucker gets a good fine/time in jail. I hope they prosecute him not only for your theft but tons of others he has done in the past.
It's a shame he probably won't be prosecuted for his previous thefts, as there isn't much proof.

Originally Posted by swoosh
nice....if you not a private detective, you certainly can become one....you got all the skills mang....

good to see cops helping you out with the "sting" operation....it would have been awesome to get hold of the guy in the parking lot itself.....

just my 2 cents will be not to take the law in your hands as thats why we pay insurance....you knocking on the guys door and if he knew it was you and threw a shot with a gun or whatever, you can get your life back mang....

be careful out there....

PS: i wish I would have gotten my stolen Honda CBR 600RR back....i searched on craigslist for parts/bike/etc....and went to couple places where i might spot the bike but guess the thief was smarter than that...either way...am happy for you bro....
Haha people have been telling me that a lot lately.

I was hoping "Erick" would come out during the sting operation.. would have loved to see the look on his face when he got busted.

And yeah, what I did was very risky. I wouldn't advise anyone else to do the same, I was just fortunate that there were already some cops on his street when I confronted him.

Sorry about your loss man.. thieves deserve a special place in hell.

Originally Posted by Catfisha
That was f'n awesome!!! Sounds like a 20/20 special!!!
Who knows, my story might end up on the show one day LOL

Originally Posted by TheLowLife
Glad to come here and see some positive updates!
I actually almost gave up trying to find my wheels, but decided to keep pushing for it. Everything paid out in the end.

Originally Posted by Domm
Wow.. CSI Texas. Great work!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by trancemission
great job getting them back.....I would have been just as fixated on it..

More reason for me to get a dash cam now...
Thank you. This was the only thing that was on my mind during the 5 weeks, and I felt that I couldn't just move on without knowing who did it.

Originally Posted by d-townhakuzo
Glad you got them back man. I would of done the same thing.
All it takes is some dedication.

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
such an epic win, good job Tann! i bet that guy was shocked as hell that you were able to track him down.

i wish i could have done the same thing when my roof spoiler got snatched...but it's not worth my time, unlike your wheels.

Thank you SharksBreath. Yeah I can imagine the both of them being like "fuck.. we shouldn't have opened the door" hahaha

I've been wanting to get a roof spoiler but I'm afraid it'll just get stolen :\

Originally Posted by brianch
man I just read this thread now. That is some epic investigative skills. If anyone needs their sh!t found in texas they know who to call.
My mom's boyfriend's truck got stolen right in front of our hotdog shop just last week.. I offered to help him track it down but he was actually glad it got stolen LOL

Originally Posted by creme
wow ... i agree with all the other comments here, you should really think about becoming an investigator LOL ..crazy story *mind blasted*
I might consider it if I don't make it as a doctor lolol

Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
Epic investigation skills! Tannn FTMFW! So much win in this thread!
Thanks! Couldn't have done it without the help of my friends and the internet.

Originally Posted by Anavrin351
wow thats impressive. A security camera set with HD wireless cameras and a hard drive with 1 terabite is alot cheaper than i thought it would be. I have been looking into this lately. Especialy the last 30 minutes when it sounded like someone opened my front door, heard my dogs bark and shut it. I was holding my 6 month old daughter so i just peeked out the window and didnt see anything. If i had the camera it would be simple.
I just bought a security camera system with 4 cameras, just have to wait for them to come in. It's gonna be a hassle installing them though, I didn't order the wireless kind. It'll definitely be handy to have cameras though.. just a month before my wheels were stolen someone had gotten into my car because I accidentally left it unlock (the only time I had ever left my car unlock too.. what luck right?). They ended up stealing a pocket knife, a flashlight, and a cup of change. And about a month after my wheels were stolen someone attempted to get into my car again, but failed--setting off the car alarm.

Originally Posted by Healingduck
Wow, that's crazy. Glad you were smart about it and didn't just beat the guys ass. It had to be tempting. lol. I guess everyone on Acurazine knows who to call if their rims get taken.
Oh I was very tempted to knock him and his buddy out when they opened the door.. 2 scrawny guys -_- but I wanted their cooperation so I had to restrain myself lol

The internet and a little persistence is a powerful thing...
Hopefully that makes thieves a little less inclined.
I don't think it's going to stop them from stealing, but it'll make them think twice about trying to sell stolen property.

Originally Posted by TheLowLife
Once a thief always a thief, they will just try and find ways to cover their tracks better..
Yeah, but with the cops involved I doubt they're going to risk getting into anymore trouble... for now.

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
Nice work getting them back. Hopefully "Erick" gets what he deserves. I hate thieves.
I hope he gets what he deserves too. I still haven't heard from the police about what they're going to do to "Erick" yet.

Originally Posted by deplaya
All 4 of my stock wheels got stolen and placed on blocks about 2 yrs ago. I couldn't figure out who did it although a neighbour saw them and called the cops. Cops took prints off the car but they were never found.

I have since installed security cameras.

Nice job tracking them down getting back what's yours.
Cops aren't very helpful with trying to find stolen property--that's something you might have to do yourself. But they will handle the situation if you can find out who did it and if you have enough proof.

Originally Posted by lusid
Seems like this was a planning heist. I'm sure mentioned a bunch of times already, install better security + wheel locks and hope for the best.
It was definitely planned, they must have taken a close look at my lug nuts prior to the theft. I'm definitely installing better security for my car. I've learned my lesson.. the hard way too.

Originally Posted by Anavrin351
on the news i saw a preview that said "find out how this person got their stolen merchandise back." I thought for sure it would be about this, but it wasnt. Same type of thing though, a guys bike was stolen in portland, OR and he found it on CL in seattle. it was a $2k bike new.
Haha, I'm not sure if I'd want to publicize my story on the news. That's just putting a big target on my back.

Originally Posted by Amber
Tannn is da mannn!! Great job ~ what a story!
Thank you thank you, you're all too kind lol

You should really look into getting some rotors and a BBK and then recreating the image you created on the first page and sell it to the vendor. That shot is awesome...your PS skills are on point.
Thanks rockstar, but as a college student I can't find enough change under my couches to afford a BBK haha. One day though

------

Damn I should have replied to all the posts sooner, it built up so much LOL
Old 08-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Needs a 930

Received 759 Likes on 547 Posts
Originally Posted by lastig21
The Dexter of wheel thieves. Off the books research to validate the crime, and vigilante justice of criminals who slip through the cracks of our legal system. I like it!

Last edited by BeezleTL85; 08-22-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Advanced

Well, here's some photos of the damaged rim. Could anyone give me an estimate for the cost of repairs?
http://s1253.photobucket.com/albums/...Jon%20Legends/
Old 08-23-2012, 11:15 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
^^^ they dont look that bad....

if you get em powdercoated which will take care of all he nicks and paint chips and scratches, you are looking at 300-ish

i got my rims powdercoated recently and it costed me $110/rim as i went for a pinstripe....otherwise a flat color was $85/rim which is 340 for the set....this included taxes and everything....
Old 08-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
Holy shit.

Congrats man, glad you got the wheels back.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by swoosh
^^^ they dont look that bad....

if you get em powdercoated which will take care of all he nicks and paint chips and scratches, you are looking at 300-ish

i got my rims powdercoated recently and it costed me $110/rim as i went for a pinstripe....otherwise a flat color was $85/rim which is 340 for the set....this included taxes and everything....
Damn, it would be around $300 to fix up just one rim? Or was that the price for an entire yet?
Old 08-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
Since the police helped recover the wheels would it be possible to make the thief pay the cost of fixing them?
Old 08-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Undying Dreams
Since the police helped recover the wheels would it be possible to make the thief pay the cost of fixing them?
That's what I'm hoping for, and making him pay for the missing tires as well. I just gave the detective a quote on how much everything cost, and it totals up to $1,112. That's just enough to be classified as a felony in the state of Texas. "Erick" will not be happy.

Quick Reply: Yeah buddy, who needs wheels when your TL can fly