3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wifey goes to the dealer to get 105k mile service... comes back paying $1800?! WTF!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Race Director

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,346 Posts
Bad dealership + bad wifey = disaster.... Shame on them both!!
Old 02-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 233 Posts
My stealership wanted to charge me $115/hour to replace a $1 fuse.

Sorry to hear this OP
Old 02-10-2014, 07:11 PM
The Boss

Received 321 Likes on 227 Posts
My mom took my car to the dealership for a new starter, they tried replacing brake pads that had 1k miles on them. I almost cried. lol
Old 02-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
On a real note,

When I went to take my car in for a recall, the service manager wouldn't let me leave until I got a 500 dollar brake job (rear rotors and pads.) They were in ok condition at that time.

I told him he can go screw himself and give me my keys.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:32 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
As a technician for over 10 years and worked as a certified technician for Acura I wanted to put in my

Looking at your repair order

You had this done;
SERVICE AND LABOR
1. Oil change service ( .3 )
2. Wiper inserts (N/C)
3. Replacement of 6 spark plugs (3.0-4.0 Hrs )(Varies based on dealer)
4. Complete timing belt service (6.0 Hrs)
5. Multi-point inspection (.5 -1.0)
6. Replacement of cabin Filter (.5 -.7 )(Varies based on dealer)
7. Replacement of oil pump seals (with T-belt job 1- 2.0 Hr, without 6.0 Hrs)
8. ?Tire rotation? (.3 )

Multi-point inspection noticed that you still need service as in:

1. Rear brakes are noted at 2MM (Due)
2. Power steering pump is leaking and needs resealing or replacement
3. Rear main is leaking
4. Passenger trans axle seal is leaking
5. I didn't see this done, but you would technically be due for a valve adjustment.

Adding up real Labor times for what was done would have cost you more. Oil pump seal job is the same cost as doing a timing belt. The labor is greatly reduced because the the timing belt components still need to come apart. Most dealerships run $100-120 Labor rate an hour.

With the services needed and what is still pending I would have told you to invest that money into another vehicle. I wouldn't be pissed about the price, coming from a technician and a customer myself I feel it's pretty fair. IF you paid $1,800 for a T-belt job ONLY, I would agree you got taken for a ride. I know you said you had gotten quoted less but these other services will add up. The spark plug service got for most of the additional labor and parts cost.

The flip side is, it could be worse.. You could own a Mercedes with Airmatic suspension that needs service and run you over $4,800 to replace air struts or the some other crazy crap that fail on them around 60-80K. I've always said, a vehicle at and over 100K will start needing a lot of up keep. Sometimes it's not remotely worth to invest. Some worth saving.. others not so much so.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (02-12-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 08:37 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by story05
My stealership wanted to charge me $115/hour to replace a $1 fuse.

Sorry to hear this OP
You wanted the technician to find your problem for free basically?
You signed the dotted line to pay for an hour diagnostic fee to figure about your "Blown" Fuse problem.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:39 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by bigballer8526
On a real note,

When I went to take my car in for a recall, the service manager wouldn't let me leave until I got a 500 dollar brake job (rear rotors and pads.) They were in ok condition at that time.

I told him he can go screw himself and give me my keys.
The dealership can't really hold your vehicle unless the state law deems it unsafe. I've inspected plenty of unsafe cars with customers declining to all needed safety related services and still got their vehicles back.
justnspace (02-12-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 08:51 PM
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
3-4 hours for spark plug replacement?
twigglius (02-11-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 08:58 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ohh you live in Georgia..Well that explains everything!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:38 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by Alexns05
3-4 hours for spark plug replacement?
Labor times vary from one dealer to another just as they do from one private shop to another. I've seen dealers do spark plugs with 2.0 hr labor and I've seen other quote 4 hours. Keep in mind, it takes me about 25-30 mins to replace plugs without removing the strut. Doesn't mean your going to pay a half hour labor for someone else to do it. Best way to cut costs is buy your own parts and install them yourself.
The following 2 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
justnspace (02-12-2014), paperboy42190 (02-12-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
As a technician for over 10 years and worked as a certified technician for Acura I wanted to put in my

Looking at your repair order

You had this done;
SERVICE AND LABOR
1. Oil change service ( .3 )
2. Wiper inserts (N/C)
3. Replacement of 6 spark plugs (3.0-4.0 Hrs )(Varies based on dealer)
4. Complete timing belt service (6.0 Hrs)
5. Multi-point inspection (.5 -1.0)
6. Replacement of cabin Filter (.5 -.7 )(Varies based on dealer)
7. Replacement of oil pump seals (with T-belt job 1- 2.0 Hr, without 6.0 Hrs)
8. ?Tire rotation? (.3 )

Multi-point inspection noticed that you still need service as in:

1. Rear brakes are noted at 2MM (Due)
2. Power steering pump is leaking and needs resealing or replacement
3. Rear main is leaking
4. Passenger trans axle seal is leaking
5. I didn't see this done, but you would technically be due for a valve adjustment.

Adding up real Labor times for what was done would have cost you more. Oil pump seal job is the same cost as doing a timing belt. The labor is greatly reduced because the the timing belt components still need to come apart. Most dealerships run $100-120 Labor rate an hour.

With the services needed and what is still pending I would have told you to invest that money into another vehicle. I wouldn't be pissed about the price, coming from a technician and a customer myself I feel it's pretty fair. IF you paid $1,800 for a T-belt job ONLY, I would agree you got taken for a ride. I know you said you had gotten quoted less but these other services will add up. The spark plug service got for most of the additional labor and parts cost.

The flip side is, it could be worse.. You could own a Mercedes with Airmatic suspension that needs service and run you over $4,800 to replace air struts or the some other crazy crap that fail on them around 60-80K. I've always said, a vehicle at and over 100K will start needing a lot of up keep. Sometimes it's not remotely worth to invest. Some worth saving.. others not so much so.

Thank you for your input.

Replacing the plugs was never discussed, so I can only guess that was an upsell at some point.
Had I known, I would have done them myself.

I'm not disputing the labor costs involved, but we all know that a tech gets done in half the time but still the dealer charges the full book time.

That's how they both come out ahead.

I am disputing the amount of gouging for the cost of the parts.

Example:

Last edited by Black_R; 02-10-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 233 Posts
You wanted the technician to find your problem for free basically?
You signed the dotted line to pay for an hour diagnostic fee to figure about your "Blown" Fuse problem.
No I was fine with the $30 diagnostic fee. What bothered me was that they told me they had no idea what was wrong with my car and that they needed to bring it in @ $115/hour to figure out the problem.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:38 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by story05
No I was fine with the $30 diagnostic fee. What bothered me was that they told me they had no idea what was wrong with my car and that they needed to bring it in @ $115/hour to figure out the problem.
Most dealerships I know will charge an hour for diagnostic. After that hour if the technician hasn't figured out the issue (If it's a big problem most technicians will go into two hours without telling the service advisor) the advisor will call you asking for additional time. Some will let it slide, others won't.

Even as an ex employee some parts under my "Employee discount" cost more than if I ordered it from acuraoemparts.com. Dealerships are made to make money even from their employee's. It's such a dog eat dog world with corruption.

Note: I made a typo "I replace my spark plugs without removing the strut bar"
Old 02-11-2014, 07:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by flyromeo3
if I had a dealership and your wife needed service done and had no clue about cars ( while her husband with 14 years of experience does ) I'd sell her whatever she doesn't need.

You my friend, have no clue how a business works. Next time, use your experience " as it will pay off " and if you don't have time. Then go take some personal organization classes and learn to make time.

"yes I m srs"
actually I have a clue here and I'll give you a hint...

they exist to provide an honest job at a reasonable rate. They do not generally try to rip people off.

op, you had a bad experience with warranty work, WHY IN THE WORLD would your wife go there again.

as for your wife, she did something dumb by not telling you about the service needed on the car. That was about $400 more than it should have been, even at the dealer.

go talk to your wife and gently explain the above to her.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gsims
The 06 TL I just bought was serviced at that same dealer and I have the receipt from 8/13 for the timing belt service.

Timing belt service 409.68
Belt,Timing 73.49
Tensioner 141.70
Water Pump 165.27
Belt,Compressor 51.65
Coolant 25.96
Total 868.70

Other work performed on this invoice were mount and balance 2 tires, an alignment for a total price of 1306.31. Work was perfomed by a differnet tech than the one listed on your invoice.
HTH

^ thank you for this.

04WDPSedan,

Why do you think there would be such a discrepancy in wifeys invoice vs the above? I'm interested in your perspective.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
God dam stealership.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Pro

Received 213 Likes on 135 Posts
Any reputable Honda dealership near you will 99% work on your Acura TL. Its nothing more than an Accord powertrain wise. You can sometimes safe 1/2 the cost at a Honda versus an Acura dealership.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Besides for warranty work, anyone who uses the dealer for service is an idiot and they get what they deserve. It is even worse when it is a female. Females typically are such easy targets.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Originally Posted by Black_R
flyromeo, your level of reading comprehension is really pathetic.

"would of paid off" ?

r u srs?

fyi:

procrastinate != don't have time

the dealer didn't do the work at what I expected the cost to be AKA QUOTE!

And you apparently know jack shit about how dealers operate - they get even one bad review and people shit their pants - Acura of America is very stringent on these matters.
Cough butthurt cough
Old 02-11-2014, 01:54 PM
1st Gear

Good day,
Have a 2007 TL Type S, due for the 105K deal...and clearly fear the same result per the above. Looking to find if there are any folks out there that can suggest a better alternative to going to the dealer? Live here in Seattle WA. Currently discussing/negotiating with Acura of Seattle to determine if they can sell their services to me, I am very skeptical. Already heard mention to the oil filter pump seals...I am a woman who considers herself self-efficient but, this is out of my comfort zone...suggestions?
Old 02-11-2014, 01:59 PM
Intermediate

^ IMO get a written quote and then post a thread on here to see what other posters think.

Someone else above suggested going to a honda dealership and seeing if they can give you a better deal - since beyond the bodywork, it's all honda.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:47 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

^ thank you for this.

04WDPSedan,

Why do you think there would be such a discrepancy in wifeys invoice vs the above? I'm interested in your perspective.
Like I said, Prices vary based on dealer to dealer. If you asked a honda dealership to do all of your services you would have paid less. Why? Simple, Because Acura. Out of the most local Acura dealerships in my area THEY all vary in prices. Indeed, even a good will claim as in getting my cracked dashboard replaced with Acura assistance varies from each dealer. I'll give you some variables.

-Location (State & City)
-Size of dealership (Small or large)
-Over head expense (A few 100K or million dollars operation)

That my friend is what makes business.. business. Location, size and expense. After that comes profit and how much based on what I said. One dealership I worked for the "Service manager" told us that there will be labor cuts (AKA pay cuts) for the technician services however the price the customer paid for the service was still the full blown price. Dealership fucks employees, customers pay top dollar and owners make bank. Dog eat dog world.
justnspace (02-12-2014)
Old 02-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by llcounley
Good day,
Have a 2007 TL Type S, due for the 105K deal...and clearly fear the same result per the above. Looking to find if there are any folks out there that can suggest a better alternative to going to the dealer? Live here in Seattle WA. Currently discussing/negotiating with Acura of Seattle to determine if they can sell their services to me, I am very skeptical. Already heard mention to the oil filter pump seals...I am a woman who considers herself self-efficient but, this is out of my comfort zone...suggestions?

Please please please don't go to the Acura OR Honda dealership!!! Not to sound rude but after reading this whole thread and many other like it, why are you still considering going to a dealership??

If you own a Lamborghini, or Porshe, or even something like a Saab or Land Rover, you probably need to take it to a dealer to get it serviced because they are very uncommon cars and not many mechanics know how to work on them. It baffles me that people think you would need to take a Honda to a dealership to get worked on.

Even if an Acura TL is less common than an Accord, the 3G TL has probably sold more than 300,000 units.

Now with that being said, I wouldn't let just anybody work on my Acura. Don't take it to a Jiffy Lube or some cheap oil change place. Ask around or look at reviews online. When you call them ask the places if they have any Honda or Acura techs that work for them. Don't forget to use your judgement. If they're rude to you, hang up. If they sound like they have no clue what they're talking about, call somewhere else. If you call the dealership and ask for the price of the timing belt change they'll give you just the price of the belt change and try to act like nothing else needs changed. If you call a trustworthy shop they'll usually tell you, this is the price of the belt but it's also best to change the water pump, possibly tensioners etc. Usually if they're up front about the costs of things they aren't trying to rip you off.

Also ask if you're allowed to bring in your own parts or if you have to use theirs. If you can bring your own parts you can usually save some money, even by buying OEM, just because they have such a markup at shops.

Usually word of mouth is the best way to find out about dealerships. If you see somebody else with a TL somewhere it wouldn't hurt to ask them if they know of a good mechanic.

Where do you usually get your work done? Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to stick with this place? Usually with mechanics the most important part is building a relationship. If you tell them upfront that you're going to keep your car for a while and you're going to stick with this shop as long as they do good honest work, then they're likely to treat you well since you show loyalty with your money. On the flip side, if you're going to a place JUST for a timing belt job and they know they're never going to see you again, they'll definitely stick it to you.

Hope this helps!
llcounley (02-13-2014)
Old 02-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Racer

Good day,
How about this place?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/no-1-japanes...r-seattle?ob=1
llcounley (02-13-2014)
Old 02-11-2014, 06:43 PM
6th Gear

$1800 for servicing for an Acura! you got real stiffed

2006 ACURA TL
Old 02-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
Good day,

When I was stationed in Washington at Ft Lewis, I took my TL to Honda of Fife. I used an Acura coupon for TB service that I printed from Hinshaw Acura and I believe the total came out to 800ish. It's been since 2011 so it's been a while. They will also give you a loaner, just make sure to sort out the details before you make the trip.

OP, I think Turbocoop (or cop) has a service manual that can tell you how many hours it would take to do this service. I had issues with a quote that was given to me, much less needed, and pointed out the labor charges that Acura sets to a standard. Hopefully he sees this thread.
llcounley (02-13-2014)
Old 02-12-2014, 01:13 AM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by Alexns05
Please please please don't go to the Acura OR Honda dealership!!! Not to sound rude but after reading this whole thread and many other like it, why are you still considering going to a dealership??
Not all dealers suck and many of us have had decent experiences with our dealers. Also to note for me, the Honda dealers cost is about the same as an independent in my neck of the woods.
robocam (04-27-2014)
Old 02-12-2014, 04:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
^ + 1.
robocam (04-27-2014)
Old 02-12-2014, 07:49 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by Lechip
I hate when dealers take advantage of women! what a bunch of dirt bags! a dealer tried to charge me $625. to do my front brakes on a 08 TL, and I said no way! Took it to an independent shop and got them done for $350.
Just like when I had my clutch replaced. The stealership wanted $1200, just for labor! I found an independent shop that did the job for $400. Parts cost me $205. Total: $605 And it's fine.

They don't call 'em stealerships fa nuttin ya know...
Old 02-12-2014, 07:49 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackass
Not all dealers suck and many of us have had decent experiences with our dealers. Also to note for me, the Honda dealers cost is about the same as an independent in my neck of the woods.
+2

honda dealers are only about $10/hr cheaper than the Acura dealers in my area. indies probably around the same rate as the honda dealers.

it all depends on where you are located. higher cost of living area....high labor rates, higher cost for parts.

if you can get the TB service under $1k at a dealer, then that's a pretty good deal for a dealer.

OP-thankfully, i have a really good rapport with my dealer and they don't treat me like a clueless woman bringing her cars in for service. i ask them to do what is asked on the car. if they find other stuff, they don't push the service, they tell me about it and let me decide what to do. usually it's stuff to keep an eye on and not critical that it be taken care of right there and then.

i can understand your sticker shock. perhaps your wife should have consulted you before approving the other services outside the TB service. like you said, she went behind your back to take care of it and probably thought she was doing the right thing until she got the bill. in some ways, i get the guys at the dealer need to get paid, eat, pay to keep a roof over their heads like the rest of us, but that doesn't give them to right to pad the bill so to speak and seemingly take advantage of a woman. i'm surprised they didn't get her to do the rear brakes right there and then since that is a safety component which was due. on the flip side, you could have advised your wife on how to approach the dealer for this service and anything else they would present to her.

i'll be interested to see the response you get from the dealer with your letter. GL.
The following 3 users liked this post by TLtrigirl:
Acura_Dude (02-12-2014), EvilVirus (02-20-2014), robocam (04-27-2014)
Old 02-12-2014, 08:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts
^ thank you for this.

04WDPSedan,

Like I said, Prices vary based on dealer to dealer. If you asked a honda dealership to do all of your services you would have paid less. Why? Simple, Because Acura. Out of the most local Acura dealerships in my area THEY all vary in prices. Indeed, even a good will claim as in getting my cracked dashboard replaced with Acura assistance varies from each dealer. I'll give you some variables.

-Location (State & City)
-Size of dealership (Small or large)
-Over head expense (A few 100K or million dollars operation)

That my friend is what makes business.. business. Location, size and expense. After that comes profit and how much based on what I said. One dealership I worked for the "Service manager" told us that there will be labor cuts (AKA pay cuts) for the technician services however the price the customer paid for the service was still the full blown price. Dealership fucks employees, customers pay top dollar and owners make bank. Dog eat dog world.
It was the same dealership though, with completely different prices, thats his point. I used to work at a dealership too (GM), and the same shit goes on. $120 for a "fuel system treatment", which consists of a $5 bottle of shit in the tank and another $5 bottle of shit ran through the fuel rail. It was a disgrace working there, I felt so bad seeing the people come in and get ripped off, and there was nothing I could do about it. Sometimes when the owner of the car would come back and talk to me I would tell them to take it to a independent shop if its something like a brake job because they will save a couple hundred... Yeah I was losing hours but its just my morals. Ill never work in another dealership. I like to think that most of the techs are honest (definitely not all of them), and its the job of the service writer to squeeze every penny out of the veh owner.

Id like to see a copy of the receipt of gsim's service visit with $8xx for the 105K, if you take a copy of that in there, along with your receipt with totally different prices, they might have a hard time coming up with an excuse.
04WDPSeDaN (02-12-2014)
Old 02-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Mr. Detail

Received 198 Likes on 151 Posts
You got charged for a multi-point inspection? I took my Accord into Vandergriff Honda (which is right next to their Acura dealership) for the power steering hose recall and their multi-point inspection, which was very thorough, was complimentary.

It's deplorable that you are having all that work done and they hose you like that on an inspection.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,811 Likes on 1,282 Posts
Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Bad dealership + bad wifey = disaster.... Shame on them both!!

Agreed. I had to go to the dealer several times while doing my timing belt, twice because they ordered the wrong part. The parts guy was the first one to say "you're doing this yourself" as if in disbelief. Before I was done I had a "tech" and a salesperson as the same thing an tell me how cheap they could do the job if I brought it in. I don't beat around the bush, I told them flat out I wouldn't let them touch my car if the job were free.

I also brought print outs of the Delray pricing because they were trying to charge me higher than list price for everything. I told them they could with sell me $700 in parts for a discount or I would order them from Delray and they make $0 and do the timing belt 2 days later, no big deal to me. I ended up getting everything discounted.

Last, I don't care what the reason was for bringing the car to the dealer, it does not justify what they did.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottwax
You got charged for a multi-point inspection? I took my Accord into Vandergriff Honda (which is right next to their Acura dealership) for the power steering hose recall and their multi-point inspection, which was very thorough, was complimentary.

It's deplorable that you are having all that work done and they hose you like that on an inspection.
i bought my old rsx from vandergriff back in 2003!

i took my recently purchased TL in to goodman acura a few weeks ago with the sold purpose of them looking over the car. during that time they found i needed the PS line replaced per a service bulletin. they never charged for the multi-point inspection and i had zero "paid" work done on the car. they earned my future business there.
Scottwax (02-14-2014)
Old 02-12-2014, 06:44 PM
the overexplainer

Received 385 Likes on 337 Posts
While we're on the topic of positive dealership experiences,

i went to Kearny Mesa Acura in San Diego and they were more than willing to pricematch acuraoemparts.com.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:33 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gsims
The 06 TL I just bought was serviced at that same dealer and I have the receipt from 8/13 for the timing belt service.

Timing belt service 409.68
Belt,Timing 73.49
Tensioner 141.70
Water Pump 165.27
Belt,Compressor 51.65
Coolant 25.96
Total 868.70

Other work performed on this invoice were mount and balance 2 tires, an alignment for a total price of 1306.31. Work was perfomed by a differnet tech than the one listed on your invoice.
HTH

So you paid 868.70 for the timing belt service which is a great price from any dealer with the included parts you listed but you paid 450 for mount/balance and alignment? or was that including 2 new tires?

To OP, that sucks bro but maybe now your wife will learn and ask you before she does any future maintence.

Newport Lexus took my mother for 2.2k for 1 shock replacment. Why they only replaced 1 is beyond me and 2.2k for a 1 corner is rediculous!!!!!!! Now she checks with me before any major repairs. Dealers are like human beings, most of em are shitty people.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Drifting

Received 604 Likes on 476 Posts
Originally Posted by omnitl
So you paid 868.70 for the timing belt service which is a great price from any dealer with the included parts you listed but you paid 450 for mount/balance and alignment? or was that including 2 new tires?

To OP, that sucks bro but maybe now your wife will learn and ask you before she does any future maintence.

Newport Lexus took my mother for 2.2k for 1 shock replacment. Why they only replaced 1 is beyond me and 2.2k for a 1 corner is rediculous!!!!!!! Now she checks with me before any major repairs. Dealers are like human beings, most of em are shitty people.
Unreal, but the thing is, a shock replacement isn't a major repair really.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 591 Likes on 455 Posts
Originally Posted by ez12a
While we're on the topic of positive dealership experiences,

i went to Kearny Mesa Acura in San Diego and they were more than willing to pricematch acuraoemparts.com.
Kearny Mesa Acura has always treated me very well
Old 02-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GKinColo08TL
Unreal, but the thing is, a shock replacement isn't a major repair really.

You're right its not but it was to make the OP feel a tad better about his situation. I mean 2.2k for 1 shock, talk about getting anal raped! But after that my mother learned her lesson!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:46 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

I think a few here that are in such disbelief on the price are forgetting that OP didn't only get a timing belt replacement for $1,800. There was quite a few other services done with the timing belt.

Here is what Op invoice said was done:

SERVICE
1. Oil change service
2. Wiper inserts
3. Replacement of 6 spark plugs
4. Complete timing belt service
5. Multi-point inspection
6. Replacement of cabin Filter
7. Replacement of oil pump seals
8. Tire rotation

I understand also that the prices were inflated on his invoice.

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 02-12-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Wifey goes to the dealer to get 105k mile service... comes back paying $1800?! WTF!!!