3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the dumbest thing you've done in your TL?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Tried tuning FI/C myself.
Misfire cylinder 3
Old 06-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Backing up in the country on a road, wasn't pay enough attention and hit one of those tiny metal newspaper boxes (like a mailbox). Luckily it just bent over and left green paint on my car which washed off.

Let a drunk friend get in passenger seat, I looked over at him and pulled off the road so he could puke. Some got in the door jam but could've been much worse.

Bumped the music too loud one too many times, I think my sub is on it's way out. I'll eventually be upgrading some of the stereo anyway.

Drove in winter with 18s. Worse traction I ever had. Couple close calls but I didn't use the car much in winter after that.

Letting friends put two gas cans in trunk, one leaked. Luckily I had that plastic weather mat in there to stop it. Smelled terrible for a while but no signs of it now.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
Just installed the NavTool and backup cam. Was pulling out of a parking lot and pulled too far into traffic. Put it in reverse and backed up into an Accord. Never once thought to use the cam. The lady in the car started freaking out on me---called the cops and everything. I barely disturbed the dirt on my rear bumper and she is freaking out. My GF gets out of the car with "that look" on her face. I immediately realized she was not going to make the situation any better and I had to get a bit nasty to get her back in the car. Cops come, take one look at whats happening, hand us both an "Information Sheet" and drive off. Few days later, my insurance company calls to say this bitch is making a claim. I blow up---told the woman I had cell phone pics, etc. She says they will let the adjuster know everything I said before he goes out. They denied her claim.
I now check the camera every time I'm in Reverse.
One morning, I realized I forgot something as I was pulling out of the driveway for work. Slammed it into Reverse and started backing up. Lost control and hit a No Parking sign. I still have the marks on my rear bumper, waiting for an A-Spec rear lip to cover them up! Anyone with one in AM, please PM me!

Last edited by dwb993; 06-04-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Advanced

Also let drunken females in my car too many times. One incident, I go to a concert after they were kicked out. I picked the girl I was seeing's friend up (which I've never tried to bang) and went circling for the rest of them. So once I found them, the crazy bitch demanded her friend get in the back seat. The two of them were yelling and fighting in my passenger seat, beer can is thrown, yadda yadda. They're trying to fit a bunch of girls in my back seat and I said they're walking there's no room. We tried to pick another girl up in front of a cop, which turned into a crying argument (these girls were yelling and balling their eyes out over who gives a fuck). Cop told us to keep it moving, awkward situation to say the least.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
- Curbing the front passenger wheel, twice in one night, 6 months in to owning, during a trip to Chicago.

- Hydrolocking the engine at night, going 40mph, and ending up in the middle of a small lake which was about 8-10 car lengths long with depths reaching the very bottom of my car.

- Farting something fierce while it was hot and rainy out...just glad my girlfriend was there to share
Old 06-04-2010, 01:41 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 98 Likes on 90 Posts
Oh boy...

1. Backed out of my driving on the second day of owning it and completely scraped the right side of the bumper on my fence.

2. Scraped the passenger's side wheels the first day I drove it to school.

3. Peeling out in snow with no traction control going 40 mph. I tried to stopped and slide into one of those bush island things that are in plazas. The damage to that was me scratching and cracking the fresh paint.

4. Letting my mom and girlfriend drive it.

5. Went 130 mph. I thought I was going to go airborne.

6. Backing into a curb and going over it in a parking lot last year at school. That was so embarrassing.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:23 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
LOL at all these drunk throwing up stories.
Reminds me of that one thread where it was the girlfriends birthday. and her tiny ass threw up everywhere and he let that shit sit for like a week???? that was gross. oh and there were pictures.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about curbing front left rim+tire+lower and upper control arm at 40 while moving away from the ambulance. After i put on the spare tire it was rubbing the back of the while well.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
- didnt wear glasses driving down a busy avenue around dusk, ford explorer from the other lane coming my way scatched my front bumper, and knocked out my whole supsension and axle. she hit my wheel cuz i had it bent towards the left when i was letting a parked car get out of its spot. she had her whole family in the car with an infant, mother, sister. husband came and tried to start something. funny thing, this family lives on my block!
-brother backed out of driveway while txting, scatched rear driver side.
-bro txting while doing a turn in the rain and hit the curb, alignment is not straight and scratched rim, tire, and bumper on the front right
-no smoking rule was in effect for the first week of owning it.
-debadged with a metrocard, left light marks but going away
- blue nose pitbull in the backseat
Old 06-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RonJonTL757
*Remote starting my car in gear and walking out 5 mins later seeing that it traveled 100+ feet and wedged itself in between 2 parked cars.
That ^^^ is the funniest I've seen lol.

Oh and after reinstalling my front bumper (after clearing headlights and painting grille), my dad walks up to me with about 6 or 7 bolts in his hand that we had forgot to replace.
Now that's what I call "TL on a diet" haha.
Hopefully it'll stay on

Last edited by MRTaylor; 06-04-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Phmbm12

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
LOL at all these drunk throwing up stories.
Reminds me of that one thread where it was the girlfriends birthday. and her tiny ass threw up everywhere and he let that shit sit for like a week???? that was gross. oh and there were pictures.
i have to see that! lol do you kno where it is?
Old 06-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Acuraluvr
feel asleep for 4 seconds and rear ended a car

tried to stick a freshman in the trunk and was caught by the principle

sat on chocolate on a hot day - melted into the holes in the leather

bought nos floormats

bought used, slightly bent OZ, discontinued wheels. got a crack less than a year into it and couldnt repair the one.

thought my car was unstoppable in the snow. its... stoppable. especially with 19s

left my windows open in school - during a thunder storm

anddd...

lost my virginity. lol.

haha damn was that bitch crazy... seemed like a good idea at the time
I would have loved to see the expression on the principles face and what you said to get out of it hahaha...
Old 06-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Racer

I like this thread. I had my TL for over 6 months and here is my list:
-Got pulled over after drinking but cop let me off because I blew under the limit.

-Parked my car in a hotel parking garage downtown and got drunk so when i was leaving the parking garage i scraped my side skirt on a curb

-Got pulled over (arrested) St. Patty's weekend for DUI but got the case dropped because I blew well under the limit at the station.
(After this incident, whenever I go out to drink, i now leave myself 2 hours to sober up before i hit the road)

-went through a non-touch automatic car wash and scraped my rims because the width was too narrow.

-went through a different non-touch car wash had my passenger side window open just a bit and had my window lock on and i thought i broke my window while inside a car wash. (luckily i had a roll of paper towel to absorb some of the soapy water comming in)

-while backing out of my garage, i scraped my passenger side mirror.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
After 1 week of getting my brand new TL. Someone in the middle of the small street near my house has car issue.

The girl asked me if I can push her car forward while in neutral so they can get a head start.

She told me to use my TL and bump their car to make it move. I did it. but I didn't do it as smoothly, so imagine my car bumping into the car ahead 4 - 5 times instead of a constant push.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Oh and also tried to use the star bucks wifi without going into starbucks and sitting in my car.

I had my car on but not started, car ran out of batteries, and I had to go into Star bucks to ask someone to jump start my car. The employees already saw me in my car for 2 hours with a laptop taking their internet.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:09 PM
socal WDP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
drove my aspec front lip too far and hit a cement block.. the day after i installed it |:
Old 06-04-2010, 09:42 PM
J Bill

Okay, so lets start ranking these. Those lines in bold are classic. My favorites:

#1 RonJonTL757
Originally Posted by RonJonTL757
Fuck it here i go....

* 2 months after i got my car driving home (drunk ) i curbed my front right rim hard on a bend i told myself about before i hit it.

*Arrested for Racing my buddies 98 Integra LS Turbo for the sheer fact of seeing how bad i would lose.

* Reclining my driver seat waiting at a drive-thru and forgetting i had a jack stand beind me and now i have a gash in the leather behind my backseat.

*Attaching my front plate for a court appearance with duct tape and when i pulled it off I pulled it too fast and took paint with it.

*Stuck in traffic on a rainy day I has to pee and needed was looking for something and I found my shammy absorber tube and needless to say i didnt realize there was a hole at the bottom and it all went into the cupholder(thank god) Used the shammy to absorb it out of the cupholder and still using the shammy till this day....FML to cheap to buy another

* Spilled an entire gallon of milk in the backseat

*Letting my wife drive my car for 2 years sooo that means RIP to my 19" Axis Hiro's and her fucking rings destroyed my shift knob, outside door handle and steering wheel.

*Remote starting my car in gear and walking out 5 mins later seeing that it traveled 100+ feet and wedged itself in between 2 parked cars.
im sure there is more but thats all i can think about now
#2 Acuraluvr

feel asleep for 4 seconds and rear ended a car

tried to stick a freshman in the trunk and was caught by the principle
sat on chocolate on a hot day - melted into the holes in the leather

bought nos floormats

bought used, slightly bent OZ, discontinued wheels. got a crack less than a year into it and couldnt repair the one.

thought my car was unstoppable in the snow. its... stoppable. especially with 19s

left my windows open in school - during a thunder storm

anddd...

lost my virginity. lol.

haha damn was that bitch crazy... seemed like a good idea at the time
#3 BayanOn

Originally Posted by Bayam0n
1. Letting my wife drive... two seconds after pulling out the driveway, she hits a parked car

2. letting my wife drive... she wants to pick me up from work, with MY car, she brings me a sandwich and forces me to sit in the passenger seat, that way I won't try to eat and drive... she hits a car seconds after I sit down, I drop my sandwich

3. letting my wife drive... she tries to avoid potholes, but i curbrashes my stockies at the same time

4. letting my wife drive... 60% of the time she leaves the tiptronic on gear 2 ALL THE TIME!!!

5.I parked next to a baseball field once, nuf sed
Damn, that last guy is awful generous with his wife! She must be the designated but yet awful driver! All of you make me think my little error is an every day event with you guys. On the other hand, I wish I was your age again and had girls wanting to have nookie in my car! Somehow going inside and using bed/couch seems the more common option these days. Great thread cjTL!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Haha these are great guys. Keep em coming.

anddd...

lost my virginity. lol.
Haha that is not a dumb thing! My car is the reason I'm not a v anymore either.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Mis-drilled a hole for front A-Spec

Curbed driver's side rear rim

Hit a cone doing 80mph on the TL

That's it...knock on wood
Old 06-05-2010, 12:32 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
let "friends" drive it when I've been out of the country and curbing a rim HARD in a taco bell drive thru
Old 06-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
LOL at the freshman in the trunk story.

- Curbing 3/4 of my A-Specs

- Backing out of my friends driveway half-asleep, was about to hit the sideview mirror on his 2G TL so I rolled my passengers window down and folded mine, when I unfolded the mirror I saw our two wheel wells scraped together.

- Bottomed out a few times in Vegas

- Letting my little sister bring crayons in the car during a Vegas summer, 2 years later i still have marks on the leather

- Going into the carwash with my friends 08 5 Series with the back windows down

-Let my girl best friend drive it back in HS so she would practice becuase she just got her permit

- Let another girl drive my car in exchange for me driving her Lexus RX
Old 06-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Carly Curran

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Drove home piss drunk at 1 am when my timing belt tensioner let go. Then drove it 15 miles to my mechanic the next day. Luckily the belt didn't jump, I had no idea what was making my car sound like a lawn mower.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:08 AM
New shoes on my

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ah, I remembered another one!

Finished after a day of paintballing, popped open my trunk and put my keysin my pocket, then changed out of my muddy and paint covered clothes, put then in a plastic bag and tossed them in the trunk...only to realize that my keys were still in my pocket, in the plastic bag, in my locked trunk...FML...

I was 55 miles from home, so only one option...

Called Acura roadside support, they sent their local vendor. I assumed I'd get someone from the local Acura deal with a fancy computer and transmitter thingy to unlock my doors , instead got some kid with an inflatable baggy and a long rod to try and unlock my doors . While trying to jam that baggy in (which I just couldn't watch), he used a little pry bar that put a nice round dent above my door .

$500 to repair! But they paid for every penny
Old 06-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Pro

Letting my ex sit in my seat all the time with her foot in it... which resulted her in tearing my leather in my TYPE S after 3 months... carried it to the Stealership for them to tell me its a 1600 dollar fix.... talked my way out of it and they fixed for free.... NEVER AGAIN!!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Intermediate

Day 2 of owning my Type S I pass a cop hiding on the side of the highway doing 85 in a 55. I brake hard as soon as i see him and quickly got off at the next exit. He must not have cared or not seen me. I've had my license both suspended and revoked for points due to speeding in like a 6month time period. I got lucky with that today lol
Old 06-06-2010, 10:25 PM
6th Gear

Let my girl drive my car and she was trying to park and curb my rims! And I was setting in the passenger seat. She looks at my face and sat what!
Old 06-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by cjTL
Haha these are great guys. Keep em coming.

Haha that is not a dumb thing! My car is the reason I'm not a v anymore either.
lets just say... after a few successive times... the back seat needed some reconditioning and leather protectant. plus... hair removal from between the cushions and on the floor mats.

nothing like driving your family to church and them finding a bundle of long female hair between the seats
Old 06-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by AckTL05
I would have loved to see the expression on the principles face and what you said to get out of it hahaha...
Haha. it was a mess to say the least.

To be honest, the freshman was my boy, and it was a ritual - in fact, he was 14 years old, 4' 11'', baby faced, etc. I did him a favor. This was right in front of the school - ALL THE GIRLS WERE THERE. They loved him after. And he knew i was kidding.

So i took one for the team. As for me? I wasnt allowed to run for school president, despite my 4.0 gpa, 4 year perfect attendance, All State athlete AND my asian heritage.

What a prick.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Curbed my wheel while parking...Low speed too.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:50 AM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
AND my asian heritage.
hahaha
Old 06-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Walked out of the gym from playing ball, popped the trunk, dropped all my stuff inside the trunk, closed it...................................."Shit..." I knew what I had done the second I did it.

My spare key was over an hour away, so I had to call a lock-out place to stick the bag in the door and inflate it and unlock it. The guy seemed to know what he was doing, although I thought that he had screwed up the rubber lining on my door. But I think it's all good! No leaks.

Also found out that it was covered by my insurance, so I got a $50 check in the mail the next day. Gotta love being friends with your insurance agent.

Other than that, I'm good... so far.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Veni, vidi, vici

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My other bro in law has a TL, he was driving it with his sunglasses on AT NIGHT. He was checking out some babe, next thing you know, WDP wrapped around a fir hydrant.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Racer

Mine just happened 30 seconds ago. Went to seafoam the car. Took off engine cover and set it on top of the manifold. Go to start the car, weak hood struts gave out, hood slammed down, cracked off a chunk of the engine cover
Old 06-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by riplee
Driving with the music blasting not realizing i'm in manual mode in my auto... on the freeway.. 2nd gear hates me.
Ive done this soooo many times!
Old 06-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Trading it in.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:25 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts

classic !!!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Advanced

Doing 141KM in cruise control, I passed a cop in a 100 zone. Didn't even see him. He laid on his horn so I turned cruise off and changed lanes infront of him. Didn't pull me over, instead passed me after a minute. Couldn't believe it.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Instructor

U guys are so crazy!!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:54 PM
TL = True Love

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pearlite TL
Letting my ex sit in my seat all the time with her foot in it... which resulted her in tearing my leather in my TYPE S after 3 months... carried it to the Stealership for them to tell me its a 1600 dollar fix.... talked my way out of it and they fixed for free.... NEVER AGAIN!!!!
+1 I preach this to all the women who sit in my front seat. Its like they cant sit with their feet on the ground or something. I dont get it, i really dont.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:06 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Here is the epic throw up thread....
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=vomit

Quick Reply: What's the dumbest thing you've done in your TL?