3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the dumbest thing you've done in your TL?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
What's the dumbest thing you've done in your TL?

I was reading the8thcivic forums the other night and came across a thread where owners listed the stupidest things they've done in the cars. linky here Some of them are pretty funny and embarassing. Figured we could have some fun with it.

I'll start-

1) Curbing the back left wheel really well while backing into a space.
2) Leaving the sunroof open during a light rain storm.
3) Trying to make it up the icy driveway, sliding backwards while in drive, ending up in the front yard.
4) Having friends in the car. All they do it make is dirty.
5) Getting pulled over for speeding...

There. No shame in having some idiot moments.

Last edited by LoveMyTL-S; 06-04-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:54 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Curbing the stockies while parallel parking.
Getting pulled over 2x in one night on 75 in GA.
Letting passengers control my radio .
Old 06-03-2010, 09:59 PM
AMFTW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving with the music blasting not realizing i'm in manual mode in my auto... on the freeway.. 2nd gear hates me.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:01 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by riplee
Driving with the music blasting not realizing i'm in manual mode in my auto... on the freeway.. 2nd gear hates me.
OUCH! lol I've done that many many times
Old 06-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Arrested 12/1/05 for Racing....9K on the clock 6 months to the day after i bought the car. I thank the officer for allowing me to pick it up at the lot.

Dumb mistake and a costly one at that.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,006 Likes on 1,514 Posts
I don't have my TL anymore .. but I got used to driving an Automatic before driving my Accord.

I was cruising in 4th gear and came to a stop ... and stalled

Other than that, lots of stupid memories in my old 3G TL .. all faint now.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 371 Posts
curbing two of my $500 dollar a piece rims in the banks drive thru.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 850 Likes on 673 Posts
lets just say it happened in the backseat and now i have a kid...j/k

curbing one of my aspecs
Old 06-03-2010, 11:30 PM
New shoes on my

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I had pulled into an end spot in a 7-11 parking lot and there was a bunch of like high school kids with their civics in the parking lot and I had just picked up my other rims, just washed and waxed, the car was looking nice and I was feeling great about it and they were checkin it out hard.

When I came out, they were all watching me start it up and heard the exhaust, I could see they were all diggin the car...

Well I felt so cool that when I backed out of the spot, I cut the wheel to the left a bit (I dind't have anyone parked on my left side, the right was a curb), and all of the sudden....SCRRRAAAAAAPPPPEEEE......

curbed the front passenger rim...hard...infront of all those people.

I hung my head in shame and boogied out of there...
Old 06-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RonJonTL757
Arrested 12/1/05 for Racing....9K on the clock 6 months to the day after i bought the car. I thank the officer for allowing me to pick it up at the lot.

Dumb mistake and a costly one at that.
Clearly learned your mistake by taking a picture of topping out your TL.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,989 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by 218TL
How do you know if that is on a street or on the track? Maybe a dyno? By the way the 04-06 Tops out at about 155, the 07+ AT at 130 ish and the 07+ TL-S 6MT at 155.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts
  • Drove with a coke can on top of my car for about 100 feet until someone stopped me, pointing to the top of my car, luckily nothing spilled!
  • Attempted to drift in the rain. As you guys can guess, I completely failed, while causing my laptop to jump from the left to the right side slamming against the door LOL.
  • Eat white castle while driving. There are currently around 5 onions in the crevice between the driver's seat and the glove box.
  • Listen to Dane Cook via ipod tape adapter, with 3 of your friends while driving in a 65... went 95 in a 65 without even knowing it and got a ticket..
  • Back into your moms PARKED car in front of your OWN house. This happens when you pay too much attention to your $800 volk wheel hitting the curb that you forget what's behind you.

Btw, this thread is awesome haha.

Last edited by bforbrian; 06-04-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Former Whyner

Originally Posted by 218TL
Damn Avatar It was on jackstands in my driveway

Originally Posted by csmeance
How do you know if that is on a street or on the track? Maybe a dyno? By the way the 04-06 Tops out at about 155, the 07+ AT at 130 ish and the 07+ TL-S 6MT at 155.
Thanks
Old 06-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Phmbm12

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
got drunk and scraped my side on a fence

dropped a pencil in a crevice that is impossible to get

stepped on a metal bracket that secured the rear aspec

drilled an extra hole in the front aspec lip

scraped every now and then

let a drunk friend sleep in my car.. he puked into the center console fans in the back.

scratched my driver window

forgot to dust the headlights after baking them.

lost a bolt so the right headlight points up a little

probably a lot of other things.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Former Whyner

Originally Posted by Phambam12
got drunk and scraped my side on a fence

dropped a pencil in a crevice that is impossible to get

stepped on a metal bracket that secured the rear aspec

drilled an extra hole in the front aspec lip

scraped every now and then

let a drunk friend sleep in my car.. he puked into the center console fans in the back.

scratched my driver window

forgot to dust the headlights after baking them.

lost a bolt so the right headlight points up a little

probably a lot of other things.
+1 for honesty
Old 06-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Racer

backed into a wheelbarrow in my drive way causing a giant scratch on my rear bumper which is now covered by type s aspec
didnt pull a jack stand all the way out from under my car and then lowered my car causing it to crack the stock side skirt
drove a drunk friend home a week after purchasing my car and received a thank you puke all over my passenger floor(took months and new floor mats to get rid of the smell)
and just about every time i do something to my car i round a bolt off or lose a bolt etc. the worst was while removing my precats. rounded off a bolt on the rear ended up having to dremmel the stud off which is a pita when your dremmel can barely fit due to the proximity of the firewall, which turned a 10 hr job into a 18 hr nightmare.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:36 AM
私を知らない

Reversing out of a spot at the supermarket with no cars around me while not looking at the cam on the navi screen.. so I ended up backing into a shopping cart that dented my bumper a bit.. oh yeah.. I think this was like less then 6 months after I bought the car new!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:55 AM
Former Whyner

Fuck it here i go....

* 2 months after i got my car driving home (drunk ) i curbed my front right rim hard on a bend i told myself about before i hit it.

*Arrested for Racing my buddies 98 Integra LS Turbo for the sheer fact of seeing how bad i would lose.

* Reclining my driver seat waiting at a drive-thru and forgetting i had a jack stand beind me and now i have a gash in the leather behind my backseat.

*Attaching my front plate for a court appearance with duct tape and when i pulled it off I pulled it too fast and took paint with it.

*Stuck in traffic on a rainy day I has to pee and needed was looking for something and I found my shammy absorber tube and needless to say i didnt realize there was a hole at the bottom and it all went into the cupholder(thank god) Used the shammy to absorb it out of the cupholder and still using the shammy till this day....FML to cheap to buy another

* Spilled an entire gallon of milk in the backseat

*Letting my wife drive my car for 2 years sooo that means RIP to my 19" Axis Hiro's and her fucking rings destroyed my shift knob, outside door handle and steering wheel.

*Remote starting my car in gear and walking out 5 mins later seeing that it traveled 100+ feet and wedged itself in between 2 parked cars.

im sure there is more but thats all i can think about now
Old 06-04-2010, 01:19 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I once got pulled over for speeding...140 in a 60, meh...who knew! dumb...

Let a girl I once thought I had interest in put her feet up on my dashboard with her shoes on, only to find out that was a true hoe (apologies, if that offends anyone). oh yeah, and she left small scratches on the dash...
Old 06-04-2010, 01:53 AM
Former Whyner

Originally Posted by erick3
I once got pulled over for speeding...140 in a 60, meh...who knew! dumb...

Let a girl I once thought I had interest in put her feet up on my dashboard with her shoes on, only to find out that was a true hoe (apologies, if that offends anyone). oh yeah, and she left small scratches on the dash...

Was she putting her legs up on the dash for a particular reason...
Old 06-04-2010, 02:06 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
^ HAHAHA if only. good thing nothing happened though i probably would've ran myself off a bridge or something. *barf* lol serious misjudgment on my part LOL
Old 06-04-2010, 02:17 AM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
feel asleep for 4 seconds and rear ended a car

tried to stick a freshman in the trunk and was caught by the principle

sat on chocolate on a hot day - melted into the holes in the leather

bought nos floormats

bought used, slightly bent OZ, discontinued wheels. got a crack less than a year into it and couldnt repair the one.

thought my car was unstoppable in the snow. its... stoppable. especially with 19s

left my windows open in school - during a thunder storm

anddd...

lost my virginity. lol.

haha damn was that bitch crazy... seemed like a good idea at the time
Old 06-04-2010, 02:36 AM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
few more. when putting on my OZ wheels, the jack slipping causing the front driver brake rotor to hit the ground. rather hard. lol

got new tires and went... off roading on 19s. turfed up the back of a happy harrys after a rain storm.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:38 AM
Former Whyner

Originally Posted by Acuraluvr
lost my virginity. lol.

haha damn was that bitch crazy... seemed like a good idea at the time

You get an ATTA BOY from me
Old 06-04-2010, 02:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
scraped on a low incline with stock suspension... didnt even know i could scrape like that. got some curb rash on my stock rims on the same curb in 2 consecutive days. guess some lessons cant be learned apparently.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Instructor

After installing my AEM V2 Intake, I didn't snap in my wheel well all the way. Hopped on the freeway and at about 70 mph heard a grind then bang and a crunch. Well, lets just say there is not much left of my wheel well.

Let my mom drive my car while I was in the hospital for a week. I get out to find one of my front stock wheel and side skirt are both cracked and rashed from hitting a curb and parking the side skirt on top of it.

Morons at a real shitty audio shop tried to take out my center console by prying it with a screwdriver. I see those marks everyday and it ticks me the hell off.

Driving this car in a snow storm is a pretty dumb thing to do. I will never do that again. I got stuck twice and the second time had to leave it over night.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts
This is just me in general, none with the TL. Knock on wood.

Back when I had the VW, I dropped my friend off at a liquor store so I back in to park while I wait for him. There are no lines or anything so I just parked anywhere so I back into a pole about 2 ft high...
I hit it at like 2-3 mph and I scraped the bumper quite a bit. Got rid of them after a car wash but I learned from that. That and it looked like someone hit the pole hard before cause it was slanted. Probably would of damaged my car more if it was standing straight.

Even today, Luckily I was in my Civic. This car was in the middle of the parking lot talking to some guys standing outside the car so I try to squeeze through the left to get to my usual parking spot. Boom, my back left tire hits the curb. Thank god there is 2-3" of tire before the rim lol.

Oh and going over dips slow as hell and still scraping the bottom. Fun.
Ruined the lip on my VW pretty bad.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:26 AM
J Bill

After locking keys in the trunk, walking two miles home to get spare set, riding bicycle back to car, throw bike in trunk with trunk not quite closed because handlebars sticking out and resting on bumper, see Integra on way home who thinks he is hot shit and I decide to show him who is hot when the light turns green. Well, I took the Integra but I'm lucky my bike didn't fall out of the trunk and I have a permanent mark where the handle bars were resting on the back bumper.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:31 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Acuraluvr
lost my virginity. lol.
Me too... Did it nuuuuuuumerous times... But my back leather seats will never be the same...

Have scrape marks all over the damn car trying to shovel my car out of a huge snow storm (how the hell do you get rid of that??)... Didn't have an ice scraper/brush so I used the snow shovel to get the snow off the car...

Put bottled beers in the trunk only to find out later on that they fell over and leaked and ALL of the bottles were empty... Febriezed that numerous times a day for about a few weeks...

Drove home drunk and blacked out. A loud ass thunk woke me up and I hit a big ass pot hole on the shoulder which bent my rim...
Old 06-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Veni, vidi, vici

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1. Letting my wife drive... two seconds after pulling out the driveway, she hits a parked car

2. letting my wife drive... she wants to pick me up from work, with MY car, she brings me a sandwich and forces me to sit in the passenger seat, that way I won't try to eat and drive... she hits a car seconds after I sit down, I drop my sandwich

3. letting my wife drive... she tries to avoid potholes, but i curbrashes my stockies at the same time

4. letting my wife drive... 60% of the time she leaves the tiptronic on gear 2 ALL THE TIME!!!

5.I parked next to a baseball field once, nuf sed
Old 06-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Nismo TL yo!

Originally Posted by RonJonTL757
Fuck it here i go....

* 2 months after i got my car driving home (drunk ) i curbed my front right rim hard on a bend i told myself about before i hit it.

*Arrested for Racing my buddies 98 Integra LS Turbo for the sheer fact of seeing how bad i would lose.

* Reclining my driver seat waiting at a drive-thru and forgetting i had a jack stand beind me and now i have a gash in the leather behind my backseat.

*Attaching my front plate for a court appearance with duct tape and when i pulled it off I pulled it too fast and took paint with it.

*Stuck in traffic on a rainy day I has to pee and needed was looking for something and I found my shammy absorber tube and needless to say i didnt realize there was a hole at the bottom and it all went into the cupholder(thank god) Used the shammy to absorb it out of the cupholder and still using the shammy till this day....FML to cheap to buy another

* Spilled an entire gallon of milk in the backseat

*Letting my wife drive my car for 2 years sooo that means RIP to my 19" Axis Hiro's and her fucking rings destroyed my shift knob, outside door handle and steering wheel.

*Remote starting my car in gear and walking out 5 mins later seeing that it traveled 100+ feet and wedged itself in between 2 parked cars.

im sure there is more but thats all i can think about now

WOW, you take the cake. escpecially with the shammy one hahahahhaa
Old 06-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was driving a truck for a couple of months this past winter that had a 5spd. On a nice day I took my TL a/t out for a ride. when I got to the end of my driveway I went to push down on the clutch which was now a brake pedal. Glad I was wearing a seat belt I would have definitely did a dash crash lol.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Racer

I have totally rubbed my stockies in several counties, such as McDonalds, banks, parking lots.

My wife used a license plate to remove ice from the front windshield, ouch, starting to fade away now

I backed into my mothers car in the TL, "no b/u camera.. not much damage."

I backed into a brick retaining wall in the wifes MDX which "has b/u camera.... A TON of damage"

Have left it in 2nd gear way two many times with stereo on loud

After I put my Teins on. I thought it would be a good idea to take her to the carwash, Bad idea she was way to low, I had a cop right behind me plus I had A Sam Adams in the cup holder.

Little nervous as I backed up and got the hell outta there

Wow... I feel like a weight has lifted off me LOL
Old 06-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Missed a shift when getting onto the freeway and winding the car out in 3rd - ended up in 2nd for just an instant. I'm old enough to know better, but there was an added distraction of a car moving into my lane just as I was merging.

The "check engine" light was hard to explain away when the dealer asked my why the computer said there was an xxx rpm overspeed on xxx day at xx:xx PM. Result was 7 burnt valves ($3,700). Fortunately Acura picked up all but $1,250.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:44 AM
10th Gear

I let one rip on the leather seats on a hot humid day...

I've had the car for a week so that's all for now...lol
Old 06-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Racer

Moved into a house surrounded by trees and dirt. Dirt road keeps the car dirty, and had a tree branch fall on my fender the first week I had the car, putting a baseball sized dent in it.

Bought a grill, didn't fit in the trunk, took it out of the box and put it in the rear seat. Ended up scratching the door panel and a little of the seat by the door.

Swapped tail lights without realizing that I didn't put the foam pads() on the new lights. Had to tear it all back apart again

Didn't let the locktite sit on my comptech sts, so my shifter has play in it

Went to a concert, got ruffied, threw up on my rear door seal/side skirts
Old 06-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Parked to close to stores and its been hit twice...
Left it in second with music on
Old 06-04-2010, 11:15 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
taken 2 spots at walmart really close to the store.....people going there are not forgiving and they park super close to you.....usually i take 2 spots at the end of the parking....

buying my girl some jeans with buttons and glittery shit on the back pocket....my passenger side leather has a slit....

losing bolts while installing stuff....i always come up 2 bolts short or have 2 extra bolt.....

painting my engine manifold blue .... now is powder coated BLACK

having sex in every seat (other than the drivers seat) of the car ....front passenger seat was the BEST

talking to my car as if we are married

forgot to install the crush washer when i did my most recent oil change

over tightened the intake manifold cover bolts, ended up breaking not 1 not 2 but 3
Old 06-04-2010, 11:32 AM
9th Gear

letting my ex-gf drive it into a park car.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Driving through what looked like a shallow puddle of water. Nearly hydrolocked my motor.

Quick Reply: What's the dumbest thing you've done in your TL?