Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seafoaming engine questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seafoaming engine questions

Ok so i have a couple of questions about sea foaming the engine first of all what is it and were can i get it second the video on this site only tells you to put it in the gas tank and the one on you tube says dump half the containe it the vaccum hose and the other half in the gas tank third it says in between putting it in the vaccum hose and in the gas tank you have to wait 15 minutes and last does it matter how much gas is in your tank when you do this
Old 08-16-2008, 09:32 PM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wrong wrong wrong wrong and WRONG!! Type under search "DIY-Seafoam". With 01tl4tl's help, I put together a DIY(do-it-yourself) thread about seafoaming the 3rd get TL.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Advanced

yeah i watched your videos and after i watched that i went to you tube to get another source to see how its done and they did it a lil different
Old 08-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Instructor

You can get seaform virtually at any autostores (Schucks, Action Autoparts, Autozone, etc) but I heard the cheapest is at Walmart. You want to get 2 types of seafoam: The 16 oz liquid can and the "Deep Creep" spray can.

Wait until you are down to a half tank of gas.

When ready, turn your car off, pour the whole 16oz liquid seafoam into the gas tank and then remove the vac hose from your engine.

After that, turn on your car and have somebody keep a steady rev 1500-2000rpm. I didn't have a second person helping me, so I put a small cement block on the gas pedal and placed it kept the engine at low rev.

At this point, grab the can of deep creep and slowly spray it into the engine vac. This process should take at least 5-10 minutes.

When done, turn off your car, put the vac hose back on and let it sit for 15 minutes.

Turn your car back on, find somebody you hate, have them stand near the exhaust, and step on the gas and go! j/k kidding about that part, but this next step, there are many options and you can do a search to see what others did. I just drove to the nearest highway and put my car in SS mode and shifted to 3rd gear and kept it there and did a 10 min run at 60mph. At the end of the run, I found a empty long stretch of road and did 10-50mph runs to push the remaining remnants of gunk from my engine.

That is my quick version....happy seafoaming!

FINAL NOTE: DO NOT MISTAKENLY GET THE TRANS TUNE SEAFOAM LIKE ME! THAT WAS A BAD MISTAKE, BUT GOOD THING IT DID NOT HARM MY ENGINE.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the instructions im goin to try it tomorrow hopefully it works
Old 08-17-2008, 02:07 AM
I have car ADD

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
wheres the thread with the picture of ChicoOGs seafoam smoke? i tried looking for it, but i cant find it... awesome picture
Old 08-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
thomadachi
DO NOT use above idle speed to add seafoam to intake vac port/nipple!!!!
go buy another can of deep creep and I will walk you thru this on the phone if needed!!

The idea is to let it get in there and attach itself to the hard baked on crud-
softening and turning it to goo that gets blown out on the after drive

Several of us worked very hard on the DIY- I dont care what other cars do- THE method in our diy works on TL
You can easily add the entire 16 oz of deep creep without stalling the car or more than a stumble- you quickly see how much is the correct amount. ChicoOG never got more than a stumble- and that was to finbd out how much it would take, its NOT full spray~

here is the recent meet where I held a diy- thru its pages are pics of the seafoam install- first full throttle romp out of the parking lot (not what I recommend) and one on the road after several throttle burst

Its a pic intensive thread- 56k? go make a smoothie
https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/new-911-turbo-thrust-gods-185635/
Old 08-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Advanced

i also read that you can put it in through the big rippled hose the air intake and it reaches all cylinders that way instead of the vaccum hose that only that will only clean 3
Old 08-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Advanced

hey i would just like to say thanks for all your help im am goin to be doin this in an hour or 2 hopefully it works for me and ill be sure to let you know how it turned out
Old 08-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by BMT62688
i also read that you can put it in through the big rippled hose the air intake and it reaches all cylinders that way instead of the vaccum hose that only that will only clean 3
How does that even make any sense? The air intake attaches to the throttle body. Use the vacuum port on the throttle body. It's a very strong vacuum source and will evenly distribute it among the cylinders.

I believe SeaFoam is great for cleaning the combustion chamber and fuel system but as for mixing it with your oil -- I would personally never do that. Some people on here will swear by it, but the only thing that is going in my crankcase is oil.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Team Owner

the OLD diy used the wrong vac line that went to the rear of the manifold and was determined to only reach 3

the NEW DIYs have the corrected VAC -main vac port-a METAL nipple you spray seafoam into

on gen 3 its on top of the manifold just inside of the TB connection
On Gen2 its located on the front side of the TB connection- both have the only larger than normal vac hose and its attached with a quick release squeeze clamp
MUST remove engien cover to reach

Those not only are main port that DO feed the entire manifold-all 6 get reached-
its a fullvac suction of over 20 inches -it will pull the seafoam from an inch away!
Using the aerosol packaging of seafoam- sold as `deep creep`- you can totally control whats happening- beats the can and hose method big time

You DO spray some seafoam thru the intake rubber connector from air filter top to the manifold- that cleans the all important `TB butterfly`-airflow control to the engine
BUT- its not at the same suction the real port gets-so the engine port is more effective.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Team Owner

eluzion- whas happening in your engine oil is a constant buildup of unburned fuel residue -carbon- oil and combustion byproducts
Oils job is to cool-lubricate-cushion impact... and to circulate particlate matter to the filter
NOT cleaning the critical and small oil passages on the TL is hurting yourself

Its amazing what the filter grabs up- stuff that was on the edges of the rod journals and especially IMO- the vtec sensors,,,bad news when dirty
A clean engine inside is a happy engine.
Seafoam- originlly developed for use in the oil of saltwater marine engine use in the 50s,
is NOT SOLVENT that eats seals and does bad things- one of those-- leave in 5 minutes MAX 2 dollar products
Its a blending of `hi detegent oils` to soften and scrub crud- then its carried to the filter and captured!!
Old 08-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
thomadachi
DO NOT use above idle speed to add seafoam to intake vac port/nipple!!!!
go buy another can of deep creep and I will walk you thru this on the phone if needed!!

The idea is to let it get in there and attach itself to the hard baked on crud-
softening and turning it to goo that gets blown out on the after drive
I figured that, but without keeping a low rev, I sometimes felt my engine was going to die and so I had to keep that cylinder block there. In the end, alot of smoke came out and now my car drives a little smoother, so I guess the seafoam did its job.

I will need to do it again the next 2000 miles like you recommended, so I will definitely give you a call then to have you walk me thru the EXACT steps.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Advanced

Thakns for the help everyone I just got done sea foaming and I got a s**t load of smoke and I deffinently notice a difference so im suppossed to do this again in 2000 miles right and im thinkin of doin the oil to sinde it will need changed anyway in 2000 miles