Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Color Looks Best ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 05:02 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What Color Looks Best ?

I have looked at the Silver and Blue so far, The dealers in my area have not received other colors yet. I am leaning towards the silver so far, even though my last 2 cars were white. I def like the Ebony interior looks so classy. Any thoughts on the other colors people have seen in person ??:tflamer:
Old 10-06-2003, 05:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My three favorite colors so far are the silver/ebony, white/parchment, and the anthracite/ebony. Silver and white are easy maintenance cars thou which is good.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:11 PM
Cruisin'

Black is the best color for mirror fit shine. The reward of washing a black car is much greater than a white car. For example, using the color white as the extreme. It is difficult to tell in a white car weather an area of the car has fresh wax, but on a black car the deep reflection will tell you. You have to ask yourself if you are willing to wash your car at least once a month, living in So Cal before you decide to go with a lighter color vs a darker color.

As for the other color between black and white, they are nice too. I'm surprised at how nice the TL's green can be. The green is subtle, and the car looks grey when out of direct sunlight. The blue also shares a similar effect. The whole typically looks dark purple and not blue when out of direct sunlight.

None of the colors are flaring, but tend to run conservatively. There are no bright blues or cherry reds.
Acura has given us so many colors to choose.

I'm debating between a black exterior with parchement interior vs. a blue exterior and grey interior. The camel leather is too yellow stained for my tastes.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think I like the green the best. It is a very understated, but classy green-grey color. It looks best when the sun is shining and the pearl effect is most noticeable. Other good colors are the grey and the desert mist. Everyone says the blue is a good color too, but I have not seen it in person yet.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:18 AM
Racer

Originally posted by JeffS
I think I like the green the best. It is a very understated, but classy green-grey color. It looks best when the sun is shining and the pearl effect is most noticeable. Other good colors are the grey and the desert mist. Everyone says the blue is a good color too, but I have not seen it in person yet.
I agree. I saw the Blue first and thought that would be my color, but I tend to be conservative and the pearl in the blue is a little strong for me. I have now switched to the green. Very classy. I have seen all 4 interiors and the camel is also too strong (too orange) for me and the black is too dark for my tastes. With the green I would have to get parchement, which is a little light. It is growing on me, as the wood (plood) looks really good. My next choice would be the Antracite/Quartz. It tends to be rather stark but maybe the best overall combo.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:46 PM
Advanced

I have seen it in silver and blue. I really liked the blue, but have to see the white to make a decision. Does anyone have a clear picture of the white one?
Old 10-08-2003, 04:30 PM
Racer

if i was to get one i'd get the blue/quartz or the anthracite/quartz.. just because i already have the white/ebony.. so i want something different...

IMO the parchment/tan interior are more "mature looking" with the wood trim and stuff and the quarts/ebony are more sporty, young looking with the carbon fiber.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:50 PM
10th Gear

What is with the black dash mated with the camel interior (I assume they do this on the parchment, too)? I this is done in some BMW and Lexus models, but it doesn't look right to me. Is it just me?
Old 10-08-2003, 08:11 PM
Banned

SILVER like a benz
Old 10-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I saw the white Pearl today with camel interior. The Pearl is really nice ! Has metallic in it. However I didn't like the Camel interor.
The white also comes in the Grey interior which I have not seen yet. If its good, Then it will be white pearl with grey interior 6speed with nav!... I can't wait. The other choice would be the
dark grey archanite (sp) with ebony interoir. But the white pearl looks nice especially after I tint the windows ..:devil: :lol1:
Old 10-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Instructor

Pearl white is one of my favorites for Acura but i'm dissappointed in the fact you can't get ebony interior with Pearl white.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:38 PM
DNA
Instructor

I liked the quartz (medium-light gray) interior the best. I liked the contrast of it with the black fake carbon-fiber and aluminum trim. Ebony would be my second choice, depending on exterior color. The camel/wood/aluminum was a bit too much for my taste, especially with the blue/purple (the only new 2004 TL color). I'm a guy, what do I know about color combinations. My girlfriend about tossed her cookies when she saw the blue/camel combination.

My choice of exterior color was then based on what would go with quartz. I also wanted a fairly low maintenance color. I liked the anthracite (with green undertone) and hope it will go well with quartz since that's what I ordered. (The only anthracite they had was a 2003 TL with parchment.) Has anyone seen the anthracite/quartz combination? If you think I made a big mistake, let me know since I could still change the order.

-David
Old 10-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by 2Wheels
What is with the black dash mated with the camel interior (I assume they do this on the parchment, too)? I this is done in some BMW and Lexus models, but it doesn't look right to me. Is it just me?
I totally agree. My wife and I looked at the interior and thought it was a big mistake. I'm leaning towared the grey interior because it gives a nice contrast. The all black interior really seems to lose some of the appeal, as it looks sort of muddy to me.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Racer

Originally posted by DNA
I liked the quartz (medium-light gray) interior the best. I liked the contrast of it with the black fake carbon-fiber and aluminum trim. Ebony would be my second choice, depending on exterior color. The camel/wood/aluminum was a bit too much for my taste, especially with the blue/purple (the only new 2004 TL color). I'm a guy, what do I know about color combinations. My girlfriend about tossed her cookies when she saw the blue/camel combination.

My choice of exterior color was then based on what would go with quartz. I also wanted a fairly low maintenance color. I liked the anthracite (with green undertone) and hope it will go well with quartz since that's what I ordered. (The only anthracite they had was a 2003 TL with parchment.) Has anyone seen the anthracite/quartz combination? If you think I made a big mistake, let me know since I could still change the order.

-David
I have seen the AM/Q combo and it is AWESOME. The exterior and the interior colors blend perfectly and not only look well coordinated, but also very elegant. I thought it would be stark, but it is not. IMHO it is the BEST combo out there. I was first hooked on Blue, then green, but when I saw the AM/Q I was sold.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:26 PM
DNA
Instructor

Thanks! That's just what I was hoping would be the case.

(Acuradict: I may have accidentally sent you a PM. If so, just ignore it.)

-David
Old 10-09-2003, 05:52 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Pearl white for sure.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:35 PM
Race Director

Pearl White, Silver, Blue are my choices for now..

All with Quartz interior, That interior is WONDERFUL! At First I wanted Ebony, but the quartz is very very nice!
Old 10-10-2003, 07:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Abyss Blue / Quartz

I wanted Blue on my 98 Accord, but it was not avail until 99, I wanted Blue on my '00 TL, but no dealers could find it. I finally told them this time it's Blue or it's not a sale, and damn she found one the next day, Blue Navi. I am in love. The Quartz leather is similar to the "Fern" in my 00 Laguna Green TL, and the grey/black/silver contrast across the dash and doors is killer.

I've been giving hourly tours at work, walking 3 at a time down to the parking deck and each co-worker so far has just been aghast at the car, everyone loves it interior and exterior, and I have to agree, it's my new sweety.

It goes in tomorrow for tinting to protect the leather, 20% tint and 20% mirror. Not gawdy pure mirror, but a medium translucent mirror, just enough to reject even more heat and spying eyes.