Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What an amazing car "2004 TL"

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:03 AM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What an amazing car "2004 TL"

This car is absolutly what I have been waiting for. I knew acura could do it. I love eveything in this car. I always thought BMW was a masterpiece, but all I think of BMW's now is a piece of you know what. I live in germany and I see BMW's everyday all the time, and I have to tell you this new 2004 is so much better or so it seems, without even thinking about the price wich was always the big plus for the TL.

I know is not RWD, but they have so many new improvements, that to tell you the truth 99% of the people out there would not know the difference.

This car is the best most complete car (standard) I have ever seen. It looks good too and with a great price tag.

Like I said before, the 4 piston calipers are coming stock on the manual verision just like the manual G35 coupe. I wonder if acura is thinking of a coupe, I don't think, but who knows.

I plan to buy this car if money allows. Acura you have done a great job. BMW/mercedez/nissan/etc watch out. I can't wait for a test drive. I did drive the TSX and it was very good and quite, but not enough power. The TSX had a nice luxury feeeling. The 04 TL was greater improved from the TSX, so I can't wait to tested.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:34 AM
Instructor

Thumbs up Bitium, I couldn't agree with you more!!

This is truly an amazing car. I'm sooooo happy with Acura!! ......it looks like they got JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING right in this vehicle. They shortened it just right for manuverability/agility and nimbleness (YIPPEE!, it's not a "boat" anymore), they put so much luxury in it and I love the styling!! WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR??

I own an '03 MDX right now which I just bought 8 months back, and am soooo LUSTING for this car. Like you, if this year ends up being good for me, business wise, I just might have to add it to my garage :wow: .......more money down the tubes, spent on cars

That said, even if I made a million dollars a year, THIS would be the car that I would TRULY WANT ......I know this sounds kinda weird, but it's such an engineering and technological masterpiece and comes in a "package" no other car on the market today can satisfy me. For starters, you get that WORLD-CLASS 2nd GENERATION VOICE-ACITVATED ACURA NAVIGATION SYSTEM WITH AN 8-inch SCREEN (Now you cannot get this GREAT AND AWESOME a navigation system in ANY car, even if you pay $300,000+ )....Then you have the bluetooth, you've got a great luxurious interior, great performance with advanced technologies like an ACOUSTIC WINDSHIELD (which BTW, no other car in North America has),...and the Elliot Scheiner DVD surround sound audio.... coupled with some of the best reliability and durability, all bundled in a package costing around 35K!! WOW!!......why in the world would you want anything else.

Well, IMHO, the 2nd generation Honda/Acura Navigation System is so good it deserves the NOBEL PRIZE (Okay, maybe I'm getting a bit too carried away, but nevertheless nothing else out there can TOUCH it). It's a work of art and a masterpiece in it's own right!! (I could go on and on about how accurate it's database is, how complete AND WELL ORGANIZED it's POI database is, the numerous features it has etc. etc. compared to other Navis, but it's late and I have to go to bed )
Old 09-06-2003, 04:05 AM
The Acura Tranny Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed, the Navi is the bomb, the new standard for the rest of the world to follow.. they got their work cut out for em.. this new Navi (judging by how good the MDX and TSX Navi is) is MILES up from Lexus (which bite) and other Navi's.

I like the styling of the car, the interior is amazing.. the sound, well, i gotta hear that first..

Tracer
Old 09-06-2003, 10:04 AM
myv
Cruisin'

Probably my next car...

after having FOUR tranny jobs on my 2001, I am going to call Acura customer service and see if they will do the right thing and help me get into one of the new 2004's and buy me out of this POS.

Anyone know the dealers bottom-line on this bad boy yet?

I have zero confidence in my 2001, it is definately citrus-flavored. It may be the last Acura I ever buy (I've owend four...Integra's LS and GS, flew in from Nashville and bought the first Black '99 TL to make it into Texas, and then I bought the 2001 TL to replace it after I was rear-ended on the freeway).

I've been buying an Acura every two years fo the last decade, I think it would be smart for Acura to do the right thing here....

Anybody on this forum work at /sell at/ manage at an Acura dealership, and do you have any suggestions as to how to go about this? Anyone know who I should talk to ofver at McDavid Acura in Texas, as I have moved back to my hometown Austin since then.

I was thinking a pointed letter to Acura's CEO defining the TEN MAJOR REPAIRS I have had in two years might help....
Old 09-10-2003, 06:53 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
So, we have the greatest Navigation system in the world and the fancy stereo (wanna bet it isn't better than ML in Lexus cars?). But does these features make 2004 TL the best or should I say "ultimate" driving macine?
Old 09-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Suzuka Master

I do not care too much about the stereo, but I love having the world's greatest navigation system. Add to the 04 TL ventilated seats, power folding mirrors and cornering lamps, I cannot imagine needing anything else.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:59 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by EmuMessenger
I do not care too much about the stereo, but I love having the world's greatest navigation system. Add to the 04 TL ventilated seats, power folding mirrors and cornering lamps, I cannot imagine needing anything else.
What about adding MP3 CD Player, Tire Pressure Monitor, DVD Player
Old 09-10-2003, 10:01 PM
Race Director

Also as far as I can tell, all the people that went to ride and drive just simply said the audio in the car is amazing!

So It just might be up there with the big boys
Old 09-10-2003, 10:10 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by SergeyM
(wanna bet it isn't better than ML in Lexus cars?).

"Acura officials say the Acura/ELS would blow away even the phant-asmagorical Nakamichi and Mark Levinson sound systems Lexus bestows on its top-of-the-line LS sedans. I didn't believe them. I was wrong.

Of course, there's a lot more to a car than just a good stereo, "

Of course, Freddie has long since gone to his great reward, but, thankfully, Queen's music lives on. And like every closet Wayne or Garth in the world, nothing makes the little hairs on the back of my neck tingle quite like a rousing rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody, preferably with enough decibels that the bass forces involuntary head bobbing, even if I lack the hair-tossing ability of Messrs. Myers and Carvey.

Admittedly, Acura's mid-sized sedan is an unlikely site for the ghostly reincarnation of one of rock's demigods, but then the TL is the first car with a DVD-Audio-based stereo system. And so those of us raised with the unchallenged truth that the CD player represents the ultimate in audio reproduction, there's nothing like a blast of Queen's greatest hits from the TL's Acura/ELS audio system to announce there's a new sheriff in town.

The Acura folks note all manner of advantages, namely direct-from-master editing, more bytes of information (so nothing is cut out) and seemingly more channels than a human being can possibly count. Whatever the truth is, I can attest to a reproduction quality I never before contemplated (imagine being in the middle of an ear-bleeding Led Zeppelin concert and still being able to hear the bottle cap falling off your friend's beer and you have some idea of the clarity). And Freddie, the boys in the band and the choir each cut in so instantaneously that the channel separation can cause vertigo.

**--CLICK HERE--** National Post Review (Canada)
Old 09-11-2003, 07:22 AM

I think Acura has done a great job upgrading the TL with a lot of new tech but with it comes a $33,500 base price which may mean close to 38k loaded which makes it pretty expensive. Acura sold hella TLs cause really, they were UNDER 30k loaded and even a TL-S with Nav was 31k.
Acura officials say the Acura/ELS would blow away even the phant-asmagorical Nakamichi and Mark Levinson sound systems Lexus bestows on its top-of-the-line LS sedans. I didn't believe them. I was wrong.
I've got to hear this stereo. I wonder how it sounds when the car is going 80mph i.e is it quiet.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by 2004TL
What about adding MP3 CD Player, Tire Pressure Monitor, DVD Player
Ooops, I forgot about the TPM. The DVD player would be great, but it is not realistic to have a factory installed player play in the dash, while the car is moving.

Love MP3's, but I do not need them in the car.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:45 AM
Instructor

Question Price

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
[B]I think Acura has done a great job upgrading the TL with a lot of new tech but with it comes a $33,500 base price which may mean close to 38k loaded which makes it pretty expensive. Acura sold hella TLs cause really, they were UNDER 30k loaded and even a TL-S with Nav was 31k.

As of today, I thought no official pricing info has been released. Is $33,500 a guess or do you have accurate info?
Old 09-11-2003, 09:48 AM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What more can you ask for?

How bout my biggest pet peve w/ the car.
THE TITANIC TOWNCAR like turnign radius
DAMN
Old 09-11-2003, 11:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by moreace

DAMN
Good point, that is pretty annoying.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by EmuMessenger
Ooops, I forgot about the TPM. The DVD player would be great, but it is not realistic to have a factory installed player play in the dash, while the car is moving.

Love MP3's, but I do not need them in the car.
In reguards to the DVD player. I think if you remove the Navigation DVD and put in a DVD movie, it will play.
Old 09-11-2003, 03:45 PM
Pro

Originally posted by shades445
In reguards to the DVD player. I think if you remove the Navigation DVD and put in a DVD movie, it will play.
I don't think this is true.:hitit:
Old 09-11-2003, 04:09 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by shades445

I WISH, but I think Edmunds was wrong..

and I would rather have my navigation work than keep going back in the trunk to eject the Navi DVD and Putting in a DVD
Old 09-11-2003, 04:39 PM
Advanced

I dont understand. Why wont a DVD movie play? How many different DVD format are there? That would really suck you DVD movies dont play.... I also read in another thread that DVD movies will not play in park. So does that mean they will play when the car is in drive...well i guess we will just have to wait and see. Hopefuly we luck out and it does play.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Instructor

Exclamation I noticed that you mentioned this.....

DAMN
.....in another thread and I was just going to say THAT WAS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING WHEN I SAW THE DETAILED SPECS ON VTEC.NET!!!!......They made the car SHORTER for great manuverability/agility/nimbleness, but a 39.7ft. turning radius??? ......it's a whole friggin 2.5ft larger than my MDX, the 7-passenger SUV

Interestingly, the 2nd generation original TL had a "tight" 36.8ft turning circle, but when they introduced the Type-S with the 17" wheels it increased to a whopping U-turn-prohibiting 40ft!! .......Good luck making U-turns with the new TL
Old 09-11-2003, 05:51 PM
Smitty's Moral Police

Originally posted by 2004TL
I WISH, but I think Edmunds was wrong..

and I would rather have my navigation work than keep going back in the trunk to eject the Navi DVD and Putting in a DVD
Well it has a DVD-Audio reader up front, I don't think their refering to the trunk DVD. And there are a lot of threads about how it's not true, and how Edmunds was wrong. And yet these people have driven the car and the people in these threads have not..so.. It's not like it's a huge technology leap, it would be really simple for them to implement. So why not? It's not implausible.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by unlemming
Well it has a DVD-Audio reader up front, I don't think their refering to the trunk DVD. And there are a lot of threads about how it's not true, and how Edmunds was wrong. And yet these people have driven the car and the people in these threads have not..so.. It's not like it's a huge technology leap, it would be really simple for them to implement. So why not? It's not implausible.
I was replying to someone that said to Play DVD's thru the Navigation DVD Player..

Justin has already tried the DVD-A Player in the front and DVD does not play
Old 09-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Re: I noticed that you mentioned this.....

Originally posted by vicpai
.....in another thread and I was just going to say THAT WAS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING WHEN I SAW THE DETAILED SPECS ON VTEC.NET!!!!......They made the car SHORTER for great manuverability/agility/nimbleness, but a 39.7ft. turning radius??? ......it's a whole friggin 2.5ft larger than my MDX, the 7-passenger SUV

Interestingly, the 2nd generation original TL had a "tight" 36.8ft turning circle, but when they introduced the Type-S with the 17" wheels it increased to a whopping U-turn-prohibiting 40ft!! .......Good luck making U-turns with the new TL
They should put teh e-brake closer to the driver again as it now can be used every day to assist w/ what should be normal turns
Old 09-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Race Director

I think the hand brake is fine where it is, maybe it looks bad in pics, but it shouldn't be that..

The NSX has it there and so have other Honda cars in the past?
Old 09-11-2003, 07:22 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

it was a joke
the turning radius is such crap that u need to do e-brake turns

jeez
can't read
can't sell properly
can't understanda simple joke

stop posting so much and go back to school 2004tl
Old 09-11-2003, 11:19 PM
Race Director

it was a joke
the turning radius is such crap that u need to do e-brake turns

jeez
can't read
can't sell properly
can't understanda simple joke

stop posting so much and go back to school 2004tl
wtf..

I wasn't necessarily referring to your post, IN general people have been complaining about the Hand brake
and I was just stating that it isn't as bad where it is...
Old 09-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Relax 2004tl
I am never serious, just mess around
Old 09-13-2003, 03:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
all we can do is speculate! untill it actually comes out and we have the hard facts WE dont know how any thing really is other than hear say.