Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VLEDS 6-LED 725 Lumen DRL 9005 bulb

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Safety Car

Received 765 Likes on 550 Posts
VLEDS 6-LED 725 Lumen DRL 9005 bulb

These are 5k versions used with ijdmtoy drl harness. Full power and no "DRL" light on the dash

I took some pictures earlier today when I installed them but my micro sd card on my phone got damaged somehow and everything was reformatted (anyone know any good microSD card brands? I was using a 16gb sandisk class2 when this happened)

The only pictures I could get was at night so here they are. I was parked about 30-40 feet facing a wall when pictures were taken.

Last edited by vietxquangstah; 04-05-2013 at 11:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Req21 (04-06-2013)
Old 04-06-2013, 12:33 AM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Looks bright!

Can you take pictures during the daytime?
Old 04-06-2013, 12:33 AM
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
looks nice n bright how ever you could add a set of halos around the HID's
Old 04-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
Looks bright!

Can you take pictures during the daytime?
It's very bright. You can drive using the DRLs at night if your just driving down a small street. I'll try to get daytime pictures tomorrow. I'm so pissed I went to the aquarium and took lots of pictures and videos and after we left my phone says my MicroSD card is damaged and requires reformatting to be used.

Originally Posted by jkopuffs
looks nice n bright how ever you could add a set of halos around the HID's
Thanks they are super bright in person. It's not smart to look directly into them head on at night.

I don't see a point in having halos because I wouldn't use them during the day, and at night the xenons would just overpower the halos. It's more of a "for show" and "cool factor". We have dedicated DRLs and it's the bulb I'm using. BMW uses halos as their dedicated DRLs in some vehicles and/or with certain lighting packages.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 850 Likes on 673 Posts
Old 04-06-2013, 12:55 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Sandisk is usually good. I have a patriot 32gb class 10 and its given me 0 issues. Lexar is another to look into. Buy class 10 cards!! The speed is great

and damn that's bright for an l.e.d
Old 04-06-2013, 02:26 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,158 Likes on 909 Posts
Looking forward to the day pics. Did you decide if you are going to send them back for the 10 led?
Old 04-06-2013, 04:48 AM
HE>i

Received 253 Likes on 221 Posts
DONT use that memory card until you try the recovery software on it (usually comes with it). You can still save some of the pics, UNLESS you write over them. Sandisk is a great brand, and Transcend, and Lexar.

I will post more info on this later, Gotta go to work right now.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Interested in the daytime pictures too. I received my 6 LED bulbs this week and am debating whether to send them back for the 10 LED bulbs, which could be pushed back a few more months as these 6 LED bulbs were suppose to be available back in December.

I know most people are using the iJDMtoy kit, but has anybody tried the VLEDs DRL module that is suppose to provide full power to the bulbs? I'm guessing it will still throw a DRL error on the dash since it doesn't have the resistor.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:15 PM
HE>i

Received 253 Likes on 221 Posts
Originally Posted by 05_NBP_TL
DONT use that memory card until you try the recovery software on it (usually comes with it). You can still save some of the pics, UNLESS you write over them. Sandisk is a great brand, and Transcend, and Lexar.

Back to what I was talking about...

If you formatted the card already, it doesnt fully erase the card(data is still stored on it). It rewrites the data as you take the pictures (eg: say you had 1000 pics, then card was corrupted, you wiped the card and started over taking 200 new pics. you may still be able to save the 800 pics that havent been wrote over)

I have been using Sandisk cards for forever now (2 16gb class 10's, and 3 8gb class 10's) without any problems. Not saying there are not any defective cards, but most of the time it can be user error (eg: installing/uninstalling card while the device is turned on)

I would suggest buying another memory card anyways, because you dont want that happening again.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by o4Komodo
Sandisk is usually good. I have a patriot 32gb class 10 and its given me 0 issues. Lexar is another to look into. Buy class 10 cards!! The speed is great

and damn that's bright for an l.e.d
Thanks for the headsup about microSD cards! I plan on buying a new class 10. Now to see which is the best deal I can get from newegg.com

Originally Posted by sockr1
Looking forward to the day pics. Did you decide if you are going to send them back for the 10 led?
I'm still not sure. The 10 LEDs are brighter but are probably on back order for a few more weeks. I'll probably rock these 6 LEDs and when I hear the 10LEDs are being shipped out i'll probably get it exchanged.

Mine doesn't have recovery software. It's a very old 16GB microSD card that I don't even remember where it came from... I didn't buy it that's for sure. I'm definitely going to look into buying a new class 10 SD card. Mine is only class 2, I did not realize it goes up to class 10 lol

Originally Posted by Req21
Interested in the daytime pictures too. I received my 6 LED bulbs this week and am debating whether to send them back for the 10 LED bulbs, which could be pushed back a few more months as these 6 LED bulbs were suppose to be available back in December.

I know most people are using the iJDMtoy kit, but has anybody tried the VLEDs DRL module that is suppose to provide full power to the bulbs? I'm guessing it will still throw a DRL error on the dash since it doesn't have the resistor.
You should try rocking out the 6 LED versions until the 10 LED versions are available for shipping. I don't know anyone that is using the VLEDs module, but I bought my IJDMTOY harness from their website when they had a 15% discount code going on. With the IJDMTOY you get full power and no DRL light on dash. Very simple and easy installation.

Back to what I was talking about...

If you formatted the card already, it doesnt fully erase the card(data is still stored on it). It rewrites the data as you take the pictures (eg: say you had 1000 pics, then card was corrupted, you wiped the card and started over taking 200 new pics. you may still be able to save the 800 pics that havent been wrote over)

I have been using Sandisk cards for forever now (2 16gb class 10's, and 3 8gb class 10's) without any problems. Not saying there are not any defective cards, but most of the time it can be user error (eg: installing/uninstalling card while the device is turned on)

I would suggest buying another memory card anyways, because you dont want that happening again.
I removed the SD card from my phone and plugged it into my computer and reformatted it already. I don't have a recovery disc so I'm unsure as to how to recover the old photos I had.

This is about the 2nd or 3rd time I've had this problem with this SD card. It's definitely time for a upgrade to something better and more up-to-date.

Don't mind the paint chip. I need a new front bumper and paint job. That front bumper has so many problems that I would be better off buying a new bumper and getting it freshly painted.
guitarplayer16 (04-06-2013)
Old 04-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Race Director

wow, looks good!
Old 04-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
almost looks like jewel eye in the daytime pics...

and also try to run some recover software on the SD card. plug the card into the computer and run a program like recuva on it.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:51 AM
Safety Car

When it comes to SD cards, no one mentioned G.Skill was good or bad. According to newegg rating these seem to be a big hit.

What do you MicroSD card gurus think?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231577
Old 04-07-2013, 03:14 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bbergero1181
almost looks like jewel eye in the daytime pics...

and also try to run some recover software on the SD card. plug the card into the computer and run a program like recuva on it.
You are awesome. I downloaded that program and it worked. Here are the pictures that previously got damaged and lost.

Need to upgrade turn signals to v3 tritons to match the brightness of the LED DRLs now lol...

Last edited by vietxquangstah; 04-07-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:10 AM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by vietxquangstah
When it comes to SD cards, no one mentioned G.Skill was good or bad. According to newegg rating these seem to be a big hit.

What do you MicroSD card gurus think?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231577
Honestly, it doesn't really matter. Most any brand will work fine, non-volatile SD memory is pretty reliable as long as you don't remove the card while it's busy transferring files or before telling the OS to safely remove it as that will or can lead to corruption. Your card might still be usable as well with a reformat. They can eventually develop bad cells over a long period of time though, they don't last forever.

The V3s will be brighter than your DRLs.

Last edited by AZP-TL; 04-07-2013 at 04:16 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
They look great! Anxious to see how the 10 LED bulbs turn out.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by AZP-TL
Honestly, it doesn't really matter. Most any brand will work fine, non-volatile SD memory is pretty reliable as long as you don't remove the card while it's busy transferring files or before telling the OS to safely remove it as that will or can lead to corruption. Your card might still be usable as well with a reformat. They can eventually develop bad cells over a long period of time though, they don't last forever.

The V3s will be brighter than your DRLs.
Wow how many Lumens are the v3 tritons rated?

NVM I see they are rated at 600 lumens in white (parking light mode) and 430 lumens for amber (turn signal mode). Hmmmm.. These DRLs are rated at 725 Lumens and also have a 850 Lumen version available. What do you mean that the tritons will be brighter than the DRLs? Is it because the tritons has the lens on it that makes the light output seem more intense and spread out?

Either way I need something brighter for my switchbacks. I'm currently using these 48 LED (24 white 24 amber) switchbacks in 5k I bought from VLEDs and they aren't cutting it lol.

http://www.vleds.com/bulb/7443-7440-...na-1-pair.html

The website spec says they are rated at a measly 96 Lumens. It doesn't specify if that's white or amber mode but I"m pretty sure that 96 lumens is for the white (parking light) mode. If that's the case, the amber mode is probably only around 50~ish lumens. That means those tritons are about 6x as bright as my current switchbacks! I want them! Just not for $134.99. I'll pay maybe half that lol

Last edited by vietxquangstah; 04-12-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Race Director

V3s are 600 lumens
Old 04-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Race Director

Also anxious to see how the 10 LED turns out, too.
Undying Dreams (04-12-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 07:58 PM
Racer

NVM I see they are rated at 600 lumens in white (parking light mode) and 430 lumens for amber (turn signal mode). Hmmmm.. These DRLs are rated at 725 Lumens and also have a 850 Lumen version available. What do you mean that the tritons will be brighter than the DRLs? Is it because the tritons has the lens on it that makes the light output seem more intense and spread out?
That's exactly why, the V3s lense make much better use of the reflector, they also seem to be brighter than the lumen rating vleds gives them; the redesigned version is brighter as well. Keep in mind that lumens isn't everything, the human eye perceives colors differently, they are more sensitive to green for instance. All in all, they are almost too bright, far brighter than the stock bulbs.

Last edited by AZP-TL; 04-13-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:26 AM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
vietxquangstah did you use DRL relay from VLeds to get full power?

I use my old ijdmtoy DRL decoder but it looks just like a resistor, but some people here call it decoder that gives full power to LED DRL. I wonder if the VLeds relay is the same
Old 04-16-2013, 06:17 AM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts

Either way I need something brighter for my switchbacks. I'm currently using these 48 LED (24 white 24 amber) switchbacks in 5k I bought from VLEDs and they aren't cutting it lol.

http://www.vleds.com/bulb/7443-7440-...na-1-pair.html

The website spec says they are rated at a measly 96 Lumens. It doesn't specify if that's white or amber mode but I"m pretty sure that 96 lumens is for the white (parking light) mode. If that's the case, the amber mode is probably only around 50~ish lumens. That means those tritons are about 6x as bright as my current switchbacks! I want them! Just not for $134.99. I'll pay maybe half that lol
Well if your only gonna pay half that your gonna have to continue using those cheaper tower LED bulbs that do nothing to utilize the reflector housing. Trust me the V3'snare every but worth their higher price tag. And when you think about a 150 bucks isn't that much. I mean, most people here would drop way more than that in a performance mod or whatever that still doesn't make the TL fast (just as an example). I paid $220 shipped for my front and rear V3 tritons and have NO regrets. Don't be cheap, just buy them! ;-)
Old 04-16-2013, 07:13 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Sandro
vietxquangstah did you use DRL relay from VLeds to get full power?

I use my old ijdmtoy DRL decoder but it looks just like a resistor, but some people here call it decoder that gives full power to LED DRL. I wonder if the VLeds relay is the same
I'm also using the ijdmtoy drl harness to get 100% power. I also do not have a "DRL" error light because I'm using the ijdmtoy harness.

I don't know anything about the vleds harness. Ijdmtoy works perfect for me
Old 04-16-2013, 01:18 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
Decoder is not the same as a resistor. Decodes are more of a box shape thing with a circuit board inside for Mostly German cars. Resistors just place a load on the wires.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
thats why I'm asking ijdm decoder doesn't look like Vleds relay box, yet ijdm decoder is rumored to give 100% power besides error free DRL. I am happy with mine but nothing to compare with

I was even going to buy the Vleds relay to see if there would be any difference but its out of stock now
Old 04-22-2013, 01:37 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Undying Dreams
They look great! Anxious to see how the 10 LED bulbs turn out.
Originally Posted by sockr1
Originally Posted by Req21
So today I decided to remove my 6 XB LED bulbs to return them for an exchange to the 10 XB LED versions. I'm glad it was very easy removing the bulbs this time around compared to removing the stock halogens.

I am shipping out my set via USPS priority mail tomorrow. I probably won't get the 10 XB LED versions until the 29th or 30th. If they ship out the same day they get my return item than I might have it as early as saturday the 27th..

Any of you guys got the 10XB versions yet or returned your 6 LED version for exchange yet?
Undying Dreams (04-22-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Safety Car

So today I decided to remove my 6 XB LED bulbs to return them for an exchange to the 10 XB LED versions. I'm glad it was very easy removing the bulbs this time around compared to removing the stock halogens.

I am shipping out my set via USPS priority mail tomorrow. I probably won't get the 10 XB LED versions until the 29th or 30th. If they ship out the same day they get my return item than I might have it as early as saturday the 27th..

Any of you guys got the 10XB versions yet or returned your 6 LED version for exchange yet?
i'm sending mine in this week to get the upgrade. just make sure you fill out an RMA form and include the original packing slip. i decided to go with 6k instead of 5k because i like how they stand out (currently running 6k towers)
Old 04-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Safety Car

a bit off topic, but have you started data logging for vittuned ? how's that going
Old 04-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Safety Car

a bit off topic, but have you started data logging for vittuned ? how's that going
i just did my 3rd gear stock pull today so that we can look at stock fuel and ignition maps before starting the tune. i'm hoping to have my first calibration from him this weekend or so. PM me if you have any questions about it, i know there are a few other members who have started/finished tuning with vit and were very happy with it
Old 04-25-2013, 01:36 PM
2008 NBP TL Type S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently received my 10 LED DRL from V-Leds and I tried to install them earlier this afternoon and they won't turn on for me. I tried using the original relay harness from V-Led that I bought a couple years ago from them. I'm going to have to do some more troubleshooting apparently. Maybe I should buy a new relay from ijdmtoy and try that?
Old 04-25-2013, 01:45 PM
2008 NBP TL Type S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should also mention that i'm a complete amateur when it comes to ANYTHING electrical and I am easily confused with this sh*t (I wish I had good directions or a DIY video). Can you provide me with the link for the relay harness from ijdm that you're currently using? Also, did all of you guys access the DRL from the engine bay or drop the bumper when hooking the DRL's up?
Old 04-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Race Director

You can access the DRL from the engine bay.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:41 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm exchanging mine for the 10LED bulbs. Haven't had a chance to install them yet though. I talked to VLEDs about their lack of a wiring harness and that most people are using their bulbs with the ijdmtoy harness, so they are making me one to try with the 10LED bulbs.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by x2thez325
I recently received my 10 LED DRL from V-Leds and I tried to install them earlier this afternoon and they won't turn on for me. I tried using the original relay harness from V-Led that I bought a couple years ago from them. I'm going to have to do some more troubleshooting apparently. Maybe I should buy a new relay from ijdmtoy and try that?
The stock DRL harness doesn't provide enough voltage for the LED lamps, they need 12 volts which is what the ijdm harness does, along with adding resistance so the annoying DRL light on the dash goes away.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by AZP-TL
The stock DRL harness doesn't provide enough voltage for the LED lamps, they need 12 volts which is what the ijdm harness does, along with adding resistance so the annoying DRL light on the dash goes away.
I removed my 6 XB versions to return to VLEDs. To my surprise, my DRL light isn't turn on and I don't have any bulbs hooked up for DRLs. I didn't bother putting my halogen ones back in because I'm able to drive around with no DRL and no DRL light on my dash lol.

So I sent my 6XB LED versions back and wrote on the RMA form that I am returning them to exchange for the newer 10 XB LED versions. I mailed them out Monday. On wednesday I got a e-mail from both paypal and VLEDs. Paypal said they refunded me money from VLEDs and the VLED e-mail said they credited my VLED account with $39 (I bought the bulbs $59.99 but had a 35% discount)

I was pretty mad and felt like I got tricked. I immediately e-mailed them back and got this response.

Sent: Friday, April 19, 2013 12:07 PM
Subject: RMA FORM

Hi Quang,

On your RMA return form, write down in the comments section you are returning the 6 XB LEDS in exchange for the 10 XB LEDS.
If you have any more questions please feel free to contact us and have a wonderful day.
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:45 PM
To: sales@v-leds.com
Subject: Re: RMA FORM

So today I got a e-mail saying

VLEDS.COM: Credit Memo # 100000453 for Order # 100001284

Your Credit Memo #100000453 for Order #100001284

I was told that I would be automatically upgraded to the 10XB LED versions for free at absolutely no charge. It appears that all I got was a refund of what I paid for the bulb. A refund is not what I want. I stated that I wanted to exchange the 6XB for the newer 10XB versions.

I was expecting to send in my old bulbs and than get shipped new bulbs.
Hi Quang,

We apologize for the inconvenience as there was a mistake made in our returns department.
If you wish to order the correct part we will ship your order out immediately.
We do not keep your account information on file so we can’t charge your card and sent out another pair of LEDS.
Again we do apologize for this mistake, if you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by x2thez325
I should also mention that i'm a complete amateur when it comes to ANYTHING electrical and I am easily confused with this sh*t (I wish I had good directions or a DIY video). Can you provide me with the link for the relay harness from ijdm that you're currently using? Also, did all of you guys access the DRL from the engine bay or drop the bumper when hooking the DRL's up?
Here's the exact guide that nearly all of us followed. I've had great success with it.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/ijdmtoy-led-drl-harness-install-w-pics-853543/

As for reaching the DRL bulbs I simply reached them from the engine bay. You might have to contort your arm and wrist in weird positions and stand your body at awkward angles just to get the DRL bulbs out but that's better than dropping the bumper and removing the headlights. After doing it the first time, it now only takes me 5 minutes to remove both DRLs.

The first time you try to remove your factory DRLs it will be a bitch. They seem nearly locked in place. I spent easily 10-15 minutes trying to remove the driver side alone the first time around. After that it's cake.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:36 AM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
found a brighter one:
Old 04-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Chapter Leader (Midwest Region)

Received 784 Likes on 558 Posts
Originally Posted by paperboy42190
found a brighter one:
Why am I not shocked that you found a brighter led bulb?
Old 04-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Race Director

https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-2009-2014-123/hl22-1200-lumen-v-leds-883363/

Quick Reply: VLEDS 6-LED 725 Lumen DRL 9005 bulb