Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Verizon Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 07:31 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Verizon Bluetooth

I know many of you, such as my self, are Verizon wireless customers. I am very disapointed that Verizon has not come out with a bluetooth enabled phone. I have sent an email asking if they have one or coming out with one but recieved a generic response. If you have a minute please click on the link below and ask about there bluetooth phones. Hopefuly this will put some fire under there @$$ and come out with one soon. Thanks.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/email.jsp

P.S. Non-Verizon customers can help out too
Old 10-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I contacted Verizon last month. I chatted with a customer rep who indicated that Verizon was not currently working on a Bluetooth solution. Don't know if this is true or not.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:33 PM
6th Gear

I got the same reply from a Verizon customer service rep when I asked about it, too. The rep said the company did not like the technology (for some reason). It's too bad, because Verizon is a good company with good phones.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:38 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been a Verizon customer for many years. But when the number portability goes online I may have to make a change to get Bluetooth.

-r
Old 10-10-2003, 09:14 PM
10th Gear

VerizonWireless response

Coincidentally I also sent an email to Verizon Wireless asking about bluetooth. Their response:

"We appreciate your interest in the incorporation of Bluetooth Technology with Verizon Wireless services. At this time we do not offer products to support this technology. However, our Research and Development Team has been studying the ability to incorporate Bluetooth technology with our products and services."
Old 10-11-2003, 11:48 AM
Instructor

Angry

Welcome to the club. I too am a Verizon customer and have had no response from them as to when they will offer a bluetooth phone. I've sent e-mail to customer service and their executives, talked to sales people. I might as well talk to the wall.....

Check the web (can't remember the URL) for the on-line petition that asks Verizon to offer a bluetooth phone (do a search on Verizon Bluetooth Petition and it will show up. There are over 800 customers that have signed so far. If you figure that each of those is a $50 a month customer they stand to close to half a million dollars in annual business. Stupid in my opinion. I have about 6 months on my contract. If they don't have bluetooth by then I'm going to AT&T.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Advanced

I have signed the petition. Do you think that anyone from Verizon actually knows its out there?
Old 10-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Racer

Re: VerizonWireless response

Originally posted by hatchback
Coincidentally I also sent an email to Verizon Wireless asking about bluetooth. Their response:

"We appreciate your interest in the incorporation of Bluetooth Technology with Verizon Wireless services. At this time we do not offer products to support this technology. However, our Research and Development Team has been studying the ability to incorporate Bluetooth technology with our products and services."
Hmm, that is QUITE similar to their response to my querry on 9/29/03:

Must be canned response number 1402.

-r
Old 10-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by acura_driver

I've been a Verizon customer for many years. But when the number portability goes online I may have to make a change to get Bluetooth.
By "number portability", I'm assuming you mean that we will be able to transfer our existing phone number to another wireless provider. Am I correct? When is this supposed to take place? This is exciting news. In fact, my current phone numnber is the only reason I have stayed with Sprint all these years.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:46 PM
Racer

Originally posted by gweempose
By "number portability", I'm assuming you mean that we will be able to transfer our existing phone number to another wireless provider. Am I correct? When is this supposed to take place? This is exciting news. In fact, my current phone numnber is the only reason I have stayed with Sprint all these years.
Yes, that is what I mean. November 24th of this year is the magic date. However, it looks like there could be some complications since not all of the providers are for it. They are afraid of losing customers, imagine that! Verizon is now for it since they think they will gain more customers than they lose. It also might be available in some markets earlier than others.

-r
Old 10-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I've been a Verizon customer for nearly ten years (even before they were Verizon) because they've developed the best nationwide coverage. I've been in the boonies in Colorado and have still gotten service while friends with other providers didn't. I'm amazed they're so slow with Bluetooth. I am actually considering a change in provider because of this issue. The tech in this car provides for the best hands-free experience possible, and Verizon needs to realize that.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:59 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
If you have one of Verizon's PDA smartphones like the Kyocera 7135 or the Samsumg i700, there's a plug-in Bluetooth Secure Digital (SD) card available from Socket Communications.

http://www.socketcom.com/product/BL4800-392.asp

Can't say for sure it works 'till I try it my Anthracite/Ebony 6MT Navi when it comes in late next month (or thereabouts).
Old 10-12-2003, 07:41 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,049 Likes on 1,135 Posts
I bet Verizon will have bluetooth within the year. They are always behind the others with phone technology.

When all the other providers had fancy ring tones Verizon had none. I think the reason is that Verizon concentrates on wanting business users and a great network. Sort of how IBM manages to sell so many Thinkpads.

Companies like Cingular who don't have the business penitration that verizon has offers bells and whistles so the kids get mom to buy their phones.

So if you want to switch to a not quite as good network and a new phone number go ahead. But if you have patience you will be rewarded. Once all the BMWs have bluetooth the business users will demand it from Verizon.