Notices
Third Generation TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Speed of stock 07 TL type-s 5at is 132-133mph

 
Old 05-16-2008, 10:27 PM
  #201  
Trolling Canuckistan
 
black label's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 100 Legends Way, Boston, MA 02114
Age: 45
Posts: 10,453
Received 810 Likes on 643 Posts
Originally Posted by don5504
But don't think for a min that I have forgotten about this or will not continue to search for a solution.
D
I hope you do better than OJ looking for the real killer.
black label is offline  
Old 05-17-2008, 05:55 PM
  #202  
Banned
 
kosstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 29
Posts: 964
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 5at and I got to 140+ ..... Easily 150..
kosstick is offline  
Old 05-17-2008, 06:46 PM
  #203  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kosstick
I have a 5at and I got to 140+ ..... Easily 150..
What model year do you have? And is it a type-s? or a tlp?

D
don5504 is offline  
Old 05-17-2008, 07:03 PM
  #204  
Senior Moderator
 
Bearcat94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: N3503'16.75", W 08051'0.9"
Posts: 25,611
Received 3,473 Likes on 2,106 Posts
Think (pretty sure) kosstick has a TL-S (2007?). Pretty well modded too, IIRC.
Bearcat94 is online now  
Old 05-17-2008, 07:22 PM
  #205  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,843
Received 430 Likes on 338 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94


https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1878445

By all reports I've seen/read, the TL/TL-S is electronically limited around 150 - 155.

various Car and driver results
2002 TL type S
C/D-ESTIMATED PERFORMANCE:
Zero to 60 mph: 6.9 sec
Standing 1/4-mile: 15.1 sec @ 94 mph
Top speed (drag limited): 145 mph

new TL Type S
PROJECTED FUEL ECONOMY:
EPA city driving: 19 mpg
EPA highway driving: 29 mpg

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 5.5 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 13.9 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 25.8 sec
Street start, 560 mph: 5.8 sec
Standing -mile: 14.1 sec @ 101 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 150 mph
Braking, 700 mph: 163 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.93 g
YeuEmMaiMai is offline  
Old 05-17-2008, 07:51 PM
  #206  
E55>>>TLS
 
dr_brains510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 798
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Think (pretty sure) kosstick has a TL-S (2007?). Pretty well modded too, IIRC.
your assumptions would be correct...he indeed does have an 07 TL Type S 5AT and I was in the car w/ him when we raced a 328i i believe thats what it was and he hit 140 and was still pulling but we had to slow down
dr_brains510 is offline  
Old 05-17-2008, 09:08 PM
  #207  
Registered Member
 
milk man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: westchester
Age: 35
Posts: 1,354
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmmm.......I have tl 04 auto 5spd bone stock i mean bone stock got it up to 150.... and let off bc i didnt realize how fast i was going till i looked down then i slowed down bc i got scared plus i blew the doors off of the mustang hehe
milk man is offline  
Old 05-17-2008, 09:27 PM
  #208  
Registered Member
 
jokerunm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 151
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 5.5 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 13.9 sec
Zero to 130 mph: 25.8 sec
Street start, 560 mph: 5.8 sec
Standing -mile: 14.1 sec @ 101 mph
Top speed (governor limited): 150 mph
Braking, 700 mph: 163 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.93 g
The tested car was the MANUAL, not the 5AT.
jokerunm is offline  
Old 05-17-2008, 09:29 PM
  #209  
Registered Member
 
jokerunm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 151
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dr_brains510
your assumptions would be correct...he indeed does have an 07 TL Type S 5AT and I was in the car w/ him when we raced a 328i i believe thats what it was and he hit 140 and was still pulling but we had to slow down
Might of looked like it from the passenger seat, but I highly doubt it. Until someone puts up a video proving it------>the TYPE S AUTO, not the TL Manual,AUTO, or the Type S Manual, but the TYPE S AUTO, ......---->top speed 134.
jokerunm is offline  
Old 05-17-2008, 09:48 PM
  #210  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dr_brains510
your assumptions would be correct...he indeed does have an 07 TL Type S 5AT and I was in the car w/ him when we raced a 328i i believe thats what it was and he hit 140 and was still pulling but we had to slow down
Well I certainly hope he comes back because I have some questions I would like to ask him.

D
don5504 is offline  
Old 05-17-2008, 11:11 PM
  #211  
E55>>>TLS
 
dr_brains510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 798
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jokerunm
Might of looked like it from the passenger seat, but I highly doubt it. Until someone puts up a video proving it------>the TYPE S AUTO, not the TL Manual,AUTO, or the Type S Manual, but the TYPE S AUTO, ......---->top speed 134.
you can doubt what you like...the fact of the matter was that it did reach over the "133-134mph" mark...it's not like we intended to go that fast...i don't carry a video camera w/ me everywhere I go, i'm sorry...and I am not going to attempt that a second time...believe what you like...doesn't affect me that the car goes 90 mph or 200 mph...no one drives that fast all the time anyways (i'm referring to the 134mph)
dr_brains510 is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 01:01 AM
  #212  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 43
Posts: 632
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Do you have kosstick's cell number? Call him and ask him if that's his Type-S 5AT or Non Type-S 5AT. More info please. Please do more investigation on it and report back to us. I would like 1 page full report thanx....


Manual Transmission is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 01:08 AM
  #213  
Senior Moderator
 
Bearcat94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: N3503'16.75", W 08051'0.9"
Posts: 25,611
Received 3,473 Likes on 2,106 Posts
Originally Posted by Manual Transmission
^ Do you have kosstick's cell number? Call him and ask him if that's his Type-S 5AT or Non Type-S 5AT. More info please. Please do more investigation on it and report back to us. I would like 1 page full report thanx....



kosstick has a 2007 TL-S, 5AT. Check the top of the page and subsequent posts.

You guy's know how to use PM right?
Bearcat94 is online now  
Old 05-18-2008, 01:28 AM
  #214  
E55>>>TLS
 
dr_brains510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 798
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bearcat94

You guy's know how to use PM right?
+1; what a simple solution
dr_brains510 is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 01:34 AM
  #215  
E55>>>TLS
 
dr_brains510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 798
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Manual Transmission
^ Do you have kosstick's cell number? Call him and ask him if that's his Type-S 5AT or Non Type-S 5AT. More info please. Please do more investigation on it and report back to us. I would like 1 page full report thanx....
I do not understand why people are still questioning if his car is a type s....i've told you he has a type s and if you still don't believe me then do a search on his username and see what kind of threads he has created/been involved in. As for the more info, just pm him b/c this subject is not important to me at all for me to go out of my way and do research on.
dr_brains510 is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 06:24 AM
  #216  
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo
iTrader: (1)
 
stillhere153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York City | Stuck in Traffic
Age: 33
Posts: 11,735
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I can guarantee kosstick has a type s because they did the R&D on the ATLP Catback on his car dooooh

and I will stick by my guns, I had the car at 140+... i tried last week and failed.... why? there just isn't any space for it... I did run into a damn civic si... 4bangers cant follow
stillhere153 is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 10:43 AM
  #217  
Registered Member
 
jokerunm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 151
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stillhere153
I can guarantee kosstick has a type s because they did the R&D on the ATLP Catback on his car dooooh

and I will stick by my guns, I had the car at 140+... i tried last week and failed.... why? there just isn't any space for it... I did run into a damn civic si... 4bangers cant follow

Your running out of space because your car can't get there. 134 limit FTW.
jokerunm is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 10:51 AM
  #218  
Registered Member
 
jokerunm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 151
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dr_brains510
you can doubt what you like...the fact of the matter was that it did reach over the "133-134mph" mark...it's not like we intended to go that fast...i don't carry a video camera w/ me everywhere I go, i'm sorry...and I am not going to attempt that a second time...believe what you like...doesn't affect me that the car goes 90 mph or 200 mph...no one drives that fast all the time anyways (i'm referring to the 134mph)
Hey man, not asking you to do anything. It's hard for me to believe after testing my car in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico. I have plenty of space to test.....I don't run out of room. The car is limited at 134.

HTML Code:
<embed id="VideoPlayback" style="width:400px;height:326px" flashvars="" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=1972930714454463038&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed>
I given the a case as why it would be liimited at 134----->Tranny, Engine borrowed from the RL ---->limit 134.

So, in summary, not asking you to do anything....just from what my expierence and reasoning....I can't believe until I see some video......doesn't mean it's from you, doesn't mean I'm asking anyone to do it.
jokerunm is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 11:39 AM
  #219  
Registered Member
 
jokerunm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 151
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dr_brains510
you can doubt what you like...the fact of the matter was that it did reach over the "133-134mph" mark...it's not like we intended to go that fast...i don't carry a video camera w/ me everywhere I go, i'm sorry...and I am not going to attempt that a second time...believe what you like...doesn't affect me that the car goes 90 mph or 200 mph...no one drives that fast all the time anyways (i'm referring to the 134mph)
Hey man, not asking you to do anything. It's hard for me to believe after testing my car in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico. I have plenty of space to test.....I don't run out of room. The car is limited at 134.

Video I took with my cellphone(I don't carry a video camera around with me all the time either...sorry), with both hands still on the wheel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7lyvEU4FHo

Video shows the car stops pulling...but the main thing is the RPM stops at 5250 or so RPM.

I given the a case as why it would be liimited at 134----->Tranny, Engine borrowed from the RL ---->limit 134.

So, in summary, not asking you to do anything....just from my expierence and reasoning...I wouldn't just off the cuff not believe it if I didn't have any info to back up my own claim. At first I thought it was my own car and didn't say anything when I saw other threads pop up about top speed. But now I'm finding that many others with the same car are finding the same limit. So I chimed in. Doesn't mean I drive like this all the time. Doesn't mean I care if my car goes faster than 134 or not.

Anyway....that why it's hard for me to believe......not asking you to make any videos...not asking anyone.......
jokerunm is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 05:42 PM
  #220  
Banned
 
kosstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 29
Posts: 964
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my car at the time has intake and exhaust.. Now i have nothing on my car.... Ill do it again and prove you guys wrong.. I doubt my exhaust and intake helped my engine go past what it will usually go lol

I have TL-S 5 at...
kosstick is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 06:04 PM
  #221  
Registered Member
 
jokerunm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 151
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no physical limitation. So mods mean nothing. We've already seen the base TL, unmodded keep pulling strong past 134. Why wouldn't a type-s auto be able to do the same thing, much less a modded one? Of course the TL is capable of going past 134, that's the point...there is an artificial limiter on the AUTO TYPE-S.
jokerunm is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 08:37 PM
  #222  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: GA
Age: 37
Posts: 102
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have a black TL-S with exhaust, drove on 400 going northbound on Sunday around 8PM?

This one TL-S FLEW by me on 400 north literally FLYING pass me. It had to be going well over 100. It had an exhaust that sounded crazy. Although I think it was reckless, it sounded amazing.
ex2k4 is offline  
Old 05-18-2008, 08:42 PM
  #223  
SXC-LEX
 
TANE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: WESTCHESTER,NY
Age: 36
Posts: 91
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Sorry, I am not convinced. Although the RL arguement/theory is a good one.

ALL of the other 3G TL Models/Trims go 150-ish. I don't buy that the ONLY the auto TL-S got a lower limiter.

Here is what I don't see being done:

Run the car in Sport Shift. Redline to each gear. Report back on speed at 4th gear redline and/or if the car stops pulling after shifting to 5th - keep in mind it will likely pull VERY slowly, so you've got to have room and patience.

Not sure if it is true on the AT, but I believe I've seen/read evidence that the car will hit the limiter at ~5,500 RPM's in it's top gear (I could be wrong on that and it may apply to the MT trims). I don't think the auto can get to top speed UNLESS you redline in 4th.

If the OP tried that, please clarify.

I have an '07 TL-S, 5AT but will not be a "tester" for this, either on the open road or on Jack Stands. Believe me, if some mis-adventure occured, my car shooting out the garage and down the driveway at 100+ would be a MAJOR problem. lol.

I'll run 90-ish on open road, but if I were doing a "top speed run", I'd want to be as close to 100% CERTAIN as possible that is was safe and popo free. I do not see this in my immediate future.




4th gear 143mph 5at '06 last night against my cousins '07 civic si k24 block 12.5 compression pistons smoked his ass still had more but i cut it off it was pointless how much advantage i had on him to keep going.
TANE is offline  
Old 05-19-2008, 12:01 AM
  #224  
Banned
 
kosstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 29
Posts: 964
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Urs was a type s right? and to the poster asking if i was on the 400.. I live in CA and I am stock now.
kosstick is offline  
Old 05-19-2008, 12:08 AM
  #225  
Senior Moderator
 
Bearcat94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: N3503'16.75", W 08051'0.9"
Posts: 25,611
Received 3,473 Likes on 2,106 Posts
Originally Posted by TANE
4th gear 143mph 5at '06 last night against my cousins '07 civic si k24 block 12.5 compression pistons smoked his ass still had more but i cut it off it was pointless how much advantage i had on him to keep going.

Tane, thanks but we all KNOW that ALL '04 - '06 can exceed 135.

The only questions left are:

- Has any 5AT, TL-S exceeded 135 and what was the speed you topped out at? (kosstick has said he's gotten up to 140+).

AND

- What is the top speed of a 2007/2008 NON Type-S, 5AT?
Bearcat94 is online now  
Old 05-19-2008, 12:15 AM
  #226  
Banned
 
kosstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 29
Posts: 964
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright this week me and Doctor Brains will do a run ok? Video tape and all so we can end this discussion lol..
kosstick is offline  
Old 05-19-2008, 01:11 AM
  #227  
Registered Member
 
jokerunm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 151
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kosstick
Urs was a type s right? and to the poster asking if i was on the 400.. I live in CA and I am stock now.
Stock wheels as well?
jokerunm is offline  
Old 05-19-2008, 01:20 AM
  #228  
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo
iTrader: (1)
 
stillhere153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York City | Stuck in Traffic
Age: 33
Posts: 11,735
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jokerunm
Your running out of space because your car can't get there. 134 limit FTW.
nope... route 9 in nyc has one 2 mile stretch of straight line... then there is a curve, no way in hell I am going 120+ into a curve
stillhere153 is offline  
Old 05-19-2008, 07:33 AM
  #229  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ex2k4
You wouldn't happen to have a black TL-S with exhaust, drove on 400 going northbound on Sunday around 8PM?

This one TL-S FLEW by me on 400 north literally FLYING pass me. It had to be going well over 100. It had an exhaust that sounded crazy. Although I think it was reckless, it sounded amazing.
I have a black TLS but it only has a stock exhaust and I wasn't on 400 on sunday at 8pm I was at home.

D
don5504 is offline  
Old 05-19-2008, 08:22 AM
  #230  
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo
iTrader: (1)
 
stillhere153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York City | Stuck in Traffic
Age: 33
Posts: 11,735
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
ight here is the deal... nicepeta has a 7th gen accord v6 running a tl-s ecu (because he installed paddle shifters)... I sent him a pm... if he can get above 134mph it will prove that it is not ECU related...
stillhere153 is offline  
Old 05-19-2008, 09:06 AM
  #231  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by stillhere153
ight here is the deal... nicepeta has a 7th gen accord v6 running a tl-s ecu (because he installed paddle shifters)... I sent him a pm... if he can get above 134mph it will prove that it is not ECU related...
That brings to question. What tls ecu is he running? Is the limiter in the main ECU or the transmission ECU? Are they they same ecu in one assembly? Because it would seem that maybe using a honda acu from the 7th gen accord might be a solution also.

D
don5504 is offline  
Old 05-19-2008, 01:06 PM
  #232  
tl a spec
 
uprizin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: albany ny
Age: 31
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i did 155 in my 06 tl
uprizin is offline  
Old 05-19-2008, 01:19 PM
  #233  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 10,497
Received 273 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94

The only questions left are:


- Has any 5AT, TL-S exceeded 135 and what was the speed you topped out at?

AND

- What is the top speed of a 2007/2008 NON Type-S, 5AT?
TeknoKing is offline  
Old 05-19-2008, 01:49 PM
  #234  
SXC-LEX
 
TANE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: WESTCHESTER,NY
Age: 36
Posts: 91
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stillhere153
nope... route 9 in nyc has one 2 mile stretch of straight line... then there is a curve, no way in hell I am going 120+ into a curve
684 is like a test track...you need to open it up there
the sprain south bound has a nice stretch too by the reservoir
TANE is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 08:08 AM
  #235  
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo
iTrader: (1)
 
stillhere153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York City | Stuck in Traffic
Age: 33
Posts: 11,735
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by don5504
That brings to question. What tls ecu is he running? Is the limiter in the main ECU or the transmission ECU? Are they they same ecu in one assembly? Because it would seem that maybe using a honda acu from the 7th gen accord might be a solution also.

D
nope... he is running everything tl-s so he can make the paddle shifters shift in his accord

here is what he told me to look for
http://www.hksusa.com/categories/?id=1926

HKS SLD (Speed Limit Defencer)
stillhere153 is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 08:12 AM
  #236  
Registered Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: dallas
Age: 50
Posts: 3,577
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by stillhere153
nope... he is running everything tl-s so he can make the paddle shifters shift in his accord

here is what he told me to look for
http://www.hksusa.com/categories/?id=1926

HKS SLD (Speed Limit Defencer)
alrighty don, go buy this thing and slap it on your car and report back.....
vinnier6 is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 10:51 AM
  #237  
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
 
Eoanou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT
Age: 33
Posts: 4,781
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnier6
alrighty don, go buy this thing and slap it on your car and report back.....
I think he said he called HKS about this and they told him that this is mainly for older vehicles and would not work on the TL type-S.
Eoanou is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 03:20 PM
  #238  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Eoanou
I think he said he called HKS about this and they told him that this is mainly for older vehicles and would not work on the TL type-S.
That is exactly what they said. But the person I spoke with was a sales person not a technician or engineer so they may not be well enough informed. Who knows. If your friend with the accord can verify he put one on his car it still could be a possibility.

D
don5504 is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 09:20 PM
  #239  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone know if the Apexi RSM will work?

D
don5504 is offline  
Old 05-20-2008, 09:46 PM
  #240  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
BTW I found someone on the zine by the SN of Touge who had an RL and installed an Apexi RSM and said it removed the speed limiter but never verified it. I have sent him an IM and hopefully he will get back to me with some good news.

D
don5504 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Top Speed of stock 07 TL type-s 5at is 132-133mph


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.