3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 10:11 AM
2003 NBP TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This Shyt is STOOOOpid, my 2nd Gen TypeS cuts off at 149, done it many tmes, so they are limited electronicly to 149, FACT! I dont have a 3rd Gen all I can go by is people I know and the car mags, which state the 04-06 TL 6 spd hit the wall at 152, I believe it because I saw it over and over and then I saw the video, screw conditions and his particular car, the damn thing hit 152 just like all pubs show! 07 Type S well just look a the pics!!! 149 is what he shows on his pics, and I believe road and track say 147 in their comparo, and thats electronicly limited. So thats that, I bet most of the posters never been ove 120 and havent a clue
Old 03-14-2007, 10:22 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AcLove
This Shyt is STOOOOpid, my 2nd Gen TypeS cuts off at 149, done it many tmes, so they are limited electronicly to 149, FACT! I dont have a 3rd Gen all I can go by is people I know and the car mags, which state the 04-06 TL 6 spd hit the wall at 152, I believe it because I saw it over and over and then I saw the video, screw conditions and his particular car, the damn thing hit 152 just like all pubs show! 07 Type S well just look a the pics!!! 149 is what he shows on his pics, and I believe road and track say 147 in their comparo, and thats electronicly limited. So thats that, I bet most of the posters never been ove 120 and havent a clue
Just so I understand you correctly, basically that guy is lying that I posted stats from? (Post#39)
Old 03-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And you are correct TL 6 spd is not electronically limited it is dRAG limited to 152MPH it just wont go over 152 in normal conditions, Autos however I think are limited because the CUT out at 140 just like my 03 TypeS cuts out at 149. And for Jesus sakes look at the pic of the TLS up there clearly the needle is just above the 150 mark, say 149!
Listen dude you yourself pointed out that you do not own a 3rd gen. Do not make claims that you have no clue about PLEASE!! Some Noob (I hate that word) is reading what you write and believeing it. The 3rd gen TL is NOT drag limited. I took 3 good videos yesterday on the autobahn to prove it. I will post them tomorrow. It is great cause you can see how hard I am accelerating and then it dips down a bit, picks up, dips down picks up etc etc as the fuel cutoff engages every 3-4 seconds or so.

Originally Posted by darksom1
Just so I understand you correctly, basically that guy is lying that I posted stats from? (Post#39)
I am not going to call BS on that guy, a lot of conditions can cause a variety of different results. All I am saying is that the TL is definitely governed to 150mph gauge reading. I will put the navi into diagnostic mode and see what it says my GPS MPH is when the fuel cutoff engages.

I am done with this thread. There have been NUMEROUS other "Top Speed" threads out there and a LOT of what people write are based of off hear say, not actual experience. If anyone has ANY REASON to question my integrity please let me know. The facts are simple, I have a very powerful TL-S so obviously I am fully capable of getting to 150mph FAST and hitting the fuel cutoff. Plus I am in Germany so I can do it legally. I will do my best to post the vids tomorrow.

Tony.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:59 PM
2003 NBP TL-S

Originally Posted by TLFourplay
Listen dude you yourself pointed out that you do not own a 3rd gen. Do not make claims that you have no clue about PLEASE!! Some Noob (I hate that word) is reading what you write and believeing it. The 3rd gen TL is NOT drag limited. I took 3 good videos yesterday on the autobahn to prove it. I will post them tomorrow. It is great cause you can see how hard I am accelerating and then it dips down a bit, picks up, dips down picks up etc etc as the fuel cutoff engages every 3-4 seconds or so.

I am not going to call BS on that guy, a lot of conditions can cause a variety of different results. All I am saying is that the TL is definitely governed to 150mph gauge reading. I will put the navi into diagnostic mode and see what it says my GPS MPH is when the fuel cutoff engages.

I am done with this thread. There have been NUMEROUS other "Top Speed" threads out there and a LOT of what people write are based of off hear say, not actual experience. If anyone has ANY REASON to question my integrity please let me know. The facts are simple, I have a very powerful TL-S so obviously I am fully capable of getting to 150mph FAST and hitting the fuel cutoff. Plus I am in Germany so I can do it legally. I will do my best to post the vids tomorrow.

Tony.
Your 2007 Type S is not, its electric, YES I no that already! If you really read what I wrote I said 2006 6spd is drag limited , and thats a fact!
Old 03-14-2007, 10:07 PM
2003 NBP TL-S

Just so I undestand you correctly......WTF , why do people jump to these coclusions like that? As if you dont think that mods to a vehical could push a car thats drag limited up a few MPh, please give me a break man
Old 03-14-2007, 10:20 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Just so I undestand you correctly......WTF , why do people jump to these coclusions like that? As if you dont think that mods to a vehical could push a car thats drag limited up a few MPh, please give me a break man
No, YOU are jumping to conclusions if you think I am SAYING that you said he is a liar. Just like you asked TLFourplay to READ`what you said, YOU read what I said. I ASKED YOU A QUESTION! A QUESTION! Read it again since you quoted it. I said I wanted to understand it correctly if that is what you meant by your previous post. Calm your ass down man! WTF you so hyped for anyway? This is just a forum. Don't get it twisted! It's all good!
Old 03-15-2007, 10:46 AM
2003 NBP TL-S

No, YOU are jumping to conclusions if you think I am SAYING that you said he is a liar. Just like you asked TLFourplay to READ`what you said, YOU read what I said. I ASKED YOU A QUESTION! A QUESTION! Read it again since you quoted it. I said I wanted to understand it correctly if that is what you meant by your previous post. Calm your ass down man! WTF you so hyped for anyway? This is just a forum. Don't get it twisted! It's all good!
You were implying by asking that dumb ass question, Did I say buddy was a liar, sure the hell didnt, usually these types of questions are directed at stock cars, as you cant go buy a modded car just like his from the Ac dealers, Which to me means no modded cars! I didnt think I needed to clarify the fact that mods will enhance numbers any fool knows that. I get hyped when I have to state DAMN obvious, but um cool now
Old 03-15-2007, 11:00 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

You were implying by asking that dumb ass question, Did I say buddy was a liar, sure the hell didnt, usually these types of questions are directed at stock cars, as you cant go buy a modded car just like his from the Ac dealers, Which to me means no modded cars! I didnt think I needed to clarify the fact that mods will enhance numbers any fool knows that. I get hyped when I have to state DAMN obvious, but um cool now
And if you READ all of the posts here, and not just what your dumbass is saying, then you will know you sound like an idiot with that explanation! But then again, maybe you don't just SOUND like one...and it's good you calmed your punk ass down!

I'm done with this...you already proved my point!
Old 03-16-2007, 11:00 AM
2003 NBP TL-S

And if you READ all of the posts here, and not just what your dumbass is saying, then you will know you sound like an idiot with that explanation! But then again, maybe you don't just SOUND like one...and it's good you calmed your punk ass down!

I'm done with this...you already proved my point!
Yeah Im sure I proved your point with that explanation, it was a pretty good one that makes perfect sense, stock cars slooooooower, modded cars faaaaaaster. and Im sure NONE Stupid MoFoS would agree(clearly not you). Posting that Ive been in a TL where at a lil over 150 it just stops climbing and holds steady at 152, posting that 07 TL-S in limited electronicly, but an 04-06 6spd is drag limited. Wheres the dumb statements? All I see is facts, One proved by TLFourplay with his vids and pics, & Road and Track, the other by me, the video posted, my sister who has the 05 6spd TL, Car and Driver, Road and Track, all sayin 152mph Drag Limited. Why dont you chill out wit the tough talk, shit is outrageous for a grown man
Old 03-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
OK. The two of you have trashed this thread with personal attacks.

Personal attacks are not allowed here. Opinions are fine. Debate is fine. Personal attacks are not.

This is your warning. Use it wisely.

This thread is locked.