Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL-S turned 10!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 06:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 434 Likes on 245 Posts
TL-S turned 10!

My TL is 10 years old now! I just thought I'd share my thoughts.
This is the car I've own the longest by a long shot and I still really love it. For me, the driving position is really spot on, very few cars I manage to adjust the seat, pedals and steering position just as I want it.
This is the first car I ever bought new and even now, 10 years later I still have a huge crush on it. I love taking it out for a spin and driving it around. It is showing it's age a little, the clutch pedal doesn't feel like it used to and it does have a few door dings courtesy of a jack@$$ parking next to it at my wife's office. Otherwise, the car was always garage kept or in a parking deck, so it really held up well. No yellowing of the headlights and the interior leather still is in decent shape.
Years ago, I had intended on getting TEIN coilovers for it, but for one reason or another I never got around to it, so the car is completely stock except I have a DOM's device in it.. which I have not used since the iphones did away with the 30 pin connector.

I've not been on the forum much recently, other than to post about some navi issues, but I did lurk a little and saw a few members have had unfortunate accidents and their TL was done for. Thankfully nobody was seriously injured, but everytime I see a post like that, I can't help but thing, what if my TL is next. Every time I start going down this thought process I endup without a conclusion. I have no idea what I would want to replace the TL with and honestly, I really don't want to, I love this thing! Back when I was shopping for the TL, I really wanted a WDP TypeS, but couldn't find a new manual, so I settled on silver, now years later, I really like the combination of the silver car and silver wheels, as you can see I kept the color theme with the TL's new sibling...
What I like the most about the TL is that it showed me that if I get a car that I really like, I can keep it for years and not be bored with it. My previous cars, I was ready to pitch after 2 years.

I also want to thank many of you on the forum who have answered questions I've had about the car and troubleshooting / diagnosing the few small issues I've had with the car in the past decade!
Pics below of the TL with his new matching sibling

TL-S has a new sibling

The following 3 users liked this post by PhilB81:
Curious3GTL (07-19-2018), jagz (07-23-2018), nist7 (11-06-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 09:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 648 Likes on 349 Posts
Type-S TL's ages very well when taken care of.
nice rides yo got there my friend
Old 07-16-2018, 08:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,303 Posts
always nice to see the OG member sticking around and still their TLs, I remember the day I joined where 3g TL (04-05 model) lowest cost was around $21k.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:40 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GhostTL09
Type-S TL's ages very well when taken care of.
nice rides yo got there my friend
Thanks for the compliment, ya both really nice cars to me. I just have a harder time getting used to the 6spd reverse pattern. For some reason I'm finding myself trying to go left and forward in the TL quit often

Originally Posted by truonghthe
always nice to see the OG member sticking around and still their TLs, I remember the day I joined where 3g TL (04-05 model) lowest cost was around $21k.
Ha, ya good ole days. I joined around 2005 too, back then I had a 2001 CL typeS I bought used that year.
The following users liked this post:
Timstandupguy (08-18-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 07:05 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
super awesome on the length of ownership!! I'm at 8 and-a-half years of ownership!

and super awesome P-car! adopt me, maybe?
Old 07-17-2018, 06:23 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My compliments on your automotive taste!
Old 07-17-2018, 06:29 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
I've had mine for 6 years.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:56 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,158 Likes on 909 Posts
My 6mt Type s just turned 10 years old too and I’m the original owner, bought it with 4 miles on it!! I still love it and don’t want another car payment for a while so I’ll probably keep it another 5 years knock on wood.

Glad to see some original members still!
The following 2 users liked this post by sockr1:
justnspace (07-18-2018), Timstandupguy (08-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 06:07 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
^I want to be like you when I grow up
Old 07-18-2018, 12:19 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Looking great! I still have my 2004 TL from Dec. 2006. I guess its in pretty good shape for 14 years old.\

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 07-18-2018 at 12:22 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 04WDPSeDaN:
gatrhumpy (11-07-2018), nist7 (11-06-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 06:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by justnspace
super awesome on the length of ownership!! I'm at 8 and-a-half years of ownership!

and super awesome P-car! adopt me, maybe?
You'll be at 10years quick thanks for the compliments on the P-car

Originally Posted by The Chucker
My compliments on your automotive taste!
Thanks, I've been dreaming big for a while, my cousin has had a 997.2 GT3 for years and he still loves it and has no intentions of selling it. Then I drove a manual 991.2 Carrera S and it didn't do it for me. It was an outstanding daily driver, but my purchasing intent was to buy a car that delivered a sense of 'occasion'. I didn't necessarily want a fast car, I wanted a car that was awesome to drive even slow. Then, I test drove a used 991.1 (pdk only) but that was enough to get me addicted. All the mechanical sounds, engine vibrations, the little rocks the tires pickup and sling on the underbody of the car, the feel of the alcantara steering wheel... all those sensory inputs, I was hooked. And these were all experiences going 20mph... So with the option of a manual in a 991.2 GT3, the poor budget took a massive beating and I decided to pull the trigger.

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
I've had mine for 6 years.
Nothing wrong with that you'll get there!

Originally Posted by sockr1
My 6mt Type s just turned 10 years old too and I’m the original owner, bought it with 4 miles on it!! I still love it and don’t want another car payment for a while so I’ll probably keep it another 5 years knock on wood.

Glad to see some original members still!
dang it, mine had 6 (I think) at delivery
I honestly don't really have a numbers of years I want to keep mine, I just know I want to keep it

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Looking great! I still have my 2004 TL from Dec. 2006. I guess its in pretty good shape for 14 years old.\
You're disqualified, it's not stock
just kidding, your car looks awesome! I like the 07-08 typeS Aspec kit you have on there with those wheels, looks sharp
Old 07-19-2018, 09:54 AM
Suzuka Master

from what I see OG mod and they way they take care of their TL is difference than majority (of the new comers)
Old 07-19-2018, 10:44 AM
Safety Car

from what I see OG mod and they way they take care of their TL is difference than majority (of the new comers)
another OG!

i agree, most of the new owners are coming from cheap civics and other cheap cars. the TL is the new civic to most people and they don't take care of it
Old 07-19-2018, 07:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

One thing that scares me not buying new, is I know some people that know they won't keep the car for many years, so they don't maintain it at all. I knew people that kept a car 3 years and didn't do a single oil change during that period. Drove it how they felt like and then offloaded it onto some poor bastard.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:42 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
I agree. The 3rd gen TL owners of today are quite the show. The messages I get on social media from these owners is enough to make anyone cringe. If you're part of any Facebook TL groups, you might need some intense therapy after a few months of reading some of those post and oh, those responses. My wife asked, If I ever sold my TL, what would be my selling price. Honestly, I wouldn't bother to say it because its way over what the car is worth on book value. If you're looking for a nearly flawless, no corners cut, quality modifications with all the bells and whistles, you will pay the price. I can't sit there and explain to someone what i've done, how much money was invested and that it literally needs nothing and I mean nothing needs to be repaired. Every single thing works. I am that rare person that still takes care of their vehicle well after of 12 years of ownership. Someone else would look at my car and tell me it's not worth a penny more than book value. At some point, I believe a very clean, 6MT, Navi, a-spec TL would fetch a decent amount down the road years later. I told my wife, I wouldn't want to sell my TL to just anyone and at this point, It might just end up being my "classic" car. You know its bad when you have dreams of something happening to your car and you wake up with the sweats Hahaha.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
PM me your price, Gus.

Not looking to buy any time soon. But it's a number I want to consider.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:02 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,116 Posts
Leventy billion dollars.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:32 AM
Suzuka Master

lol funny how a few new member here go on FB TL group asking id the problem but all they got is "part out", "your transmission on it way out" or the famous "I found this on Acurazine" lmao.

Same goes for my TL-S as I already sunken more money then I should lol (the car drive even better than when I first bought it) even Dealer and indi shop admited its the cleanest 3G TL they has seen recently.

Last edited by truonghthe; 07-20-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:02 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Congrats on turning 10! Been a long time since I've posted on AZ as well, but just I could have written this same post (minus Porsche). I still love it after all these years. 115k miles, and it's still drives as good as the day I got it! Yours looks fantastic. Nice work on taking care of one of Honda/Acura's finest productions.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
( " I wouldn't bother to say it because its way over what the car is worth on book value." ) This is exactly the TYPE of car I look for, when considering a used car purchase. THE BOOK, does not take into account, METICULOUS CARE, and MAINTENANCE! I recently spotted a 2007 TL Base model, in the local Costco parking lot. The car appeared NEW, not a blemish, scratch, or imperfection of any kind. The only modification, was the installation of Type S wheels, when the car had 6 miles on it, and yes, the owner, still had the original wheels! I was so impressed with this cars appearance, that I waited for the owner to return. Turned out, the owner, a 58 year old, retired engineer, bought this garage kept, 105K TL new, performed all his own maintenance, including the T/B service. This car was FLAWLESS. Of course, I inquired, if he might be interested is selling! NADA Clean Retail, is $ 8,375.00. I would GLADLY pay $10.000.00 for this car!
Old 07-23-2018, 11:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 150 Posts
What I find funny is how much different I am treated at the dealer when I roll in with my 39k example that they know has been well kept. The service writers only drive it in and back out and the mechanics always ask if its for sale. The used car manager regularly extends an offer as according to him "they cant fill the demand for 3rd Gens TLS".

I agree with Frank, Ill always go out of book if I find what Ive been looking for and has the records to back it up. Id be curious how one of these would do on BaT, though they may not be "classic" enough to draw good money. I have seen some of the Type R's pulling real money and an RSX Type S so who knows.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by brady33
Congrats on turning 10! Been a long time since I've posted on AZ as well, but just I could have written this same post (minus Porsche). I still love it after all these years. 115k miles, and it's still drives as good as the day I got it! Yours looks fantastic. Nice work on taking care of one of Honda/Acura's finest productions.
Thanks! and I'm glad you're still loving your TL after all those years as well. I did notice the clutch pedal doesn't have the same feel as it used to, but otherwise it drives about the same as it did 10 years ago. When we take it to go out to dinner, I still look back at it a few times as I walk away.
We seem to have a similar taste in cars, I too have an Odyssey but mine is a 2011 (which is my daily driver, the wife has been daily driving the TL).

Originally Posted by 08KBP_VA
What I find funny is how much different I am treated at the dealer when I roll in with my 39k example that they know has been well kept. The service writers only drive it in and back out and the mechanics always ask if its for sale. The used car manager regularly extends an offer as according to him "they cant fill the demand for 3rd Gens TLS".

I agree with Frank, Ill always go out of book if I find what Ive been looking for and has the records to back it up. Id be curious how one of these would do on BaT, though they may not be "classic" enough to draw good money. I have seen some of the Type R's pulling real money and an RSX Type S so who knows.
I get something similar, the mechanics and service advisor has been the same since I had my Acura CL-S (car before the TL-S). They also know that since the beginning, I've been bringing Mobile1 Synthetic oil for all the oil changes, I never went over the maintenance minder or delayed / held off on any maintenance or repairs.
I mean I kinda feel bad a little for Acura because there really isn't anything on the new car lot that is very interesting to me. The NSX is cool and all, I've seen a few driving around and they really do catch your eye, but I like a more mechanical feel, lack of a manual to me is a big loss, plus my 'sport car' needs have been met for many many years...
So the 2 cars potentially on the chopping block would be the TL-S or the 2011 Odyssey and here's how those options play out for me:
replacing the TL-S: TLX doesn't have a stick shift, the a-spec looks decent enough for me, but I don't consider it a step up from my TL-S so why the heck pay the money for it? RLX I can't see myself paying the money for that car.
replacing the Odyssey: I don't really care for the MDX and even less for the RDX, If that's the route I'm going, I'd just get a new minivan. if the TLX had a wagon option, that would be interesting, that could be a candidate but there isn't one, so that's that.

So with that said, I just tell the dealer "oh no I still really like my car" which is completely true, and I stop before the "and there is nothing on your lot I'm willing to spend any money on".

It's a shame really, My uncle still has his 1998 Integra TypeR, my cousin and I drove that to school daily and that car really started my love for Honda, the first car I bought with my money was the Acura CL, my wife bought an Accord V6, then I got the TL, later we traded her accord for the Odyssey, so we really are a Honda family, but I'm not sure the tradition will continue.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:23 AM
Burning Brakes

Im with you on HondAcura lineup. I was looking at new sedans which is a dying market I am told and looking at Honda's lineup. I am anything but impressed and quite honestly they have really turned me off with their new styling and yanking v6 from most of their lineup and going turbo. Acura their design is getting better but theyre just a car I dont see a heartbeat there

Good luck in your decision
Old 11-05-2018, 11:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 08KBP_VA
Im with you on HondAcura lineup. I was looking at new sedans which is a dying market I am told and looking at Honda's lineup. I am anything but impressed and quite honestly they have really turned me off with their new styling and yanking v6 from most of their lineup and going turbo. Acura their design is getting better but theyre just a car I dont see a heartbeat there

Good luck in your decision
Resurrecting this old thread here, but I was at Honda not long ago for an oil change on the minivan and I checked out the Civic TypeR. What a shame the exterior looks like it does. Great look for the playstation, but doesn't look quite right on the streets here, at least not driven by a 37 year old boring dad (me). On the inside though, it was nice, I thought the seats were great. I didn't drive it but the movement and action of the manual gearbox clacking through the gates was very crisp and precise, I just wish the exterior didn't look so juvenile.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:36 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
OMG ..you struck a nerve with me...

Call me crazy, but personally, I see my next car being like a 2007, I currently drive a 2011 Kia, but it lacks the soul of an older car...

The part about the dreams scares the hell out of me...

It takes me about 2 years to develop an emotional relationship with my car... That's why I've went through 3 cars in 14 months... We also have a 2007 RDX, which I had a dream that we were trading it, and that I had to find a way to cancel the deal, it was scary... That was about 6 months ago, meaning the 2 year thing applies...

Now at 233K miles, and in need of paint and leather repair, I'm ready to really commit bigtime...

I hate to see older cars get damaged... If someone drove a new TLX off a cliff it would hardly phase me... Other than the horrendous expiriance for the occupants, the TLX could easilly be ordered exactly the sane through the dealer, and delivered in an identical package... Also, when a car is young (under about 5 years) it's personality is not quite beginning to show, but ut will soon...

The smells, the quirks, the rattles, the sounds...

I just can't value a car under 8 years old, if not 10!!!

Old 11-06-2018, 01:37 AM
Null and proud of it

Not to forget about the TL turning 10... Happy Birthday!!!! And, Congratulations!!!
Old 11-06-2018, 06:34 AM
Burning Brakes

I have cars ranging from 1 to 27 years old and all still turn my head after I park them.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:59 AM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by PhilB81
....at least not driven by a 37 year old boring dad (me).....I just wish the exterior didn't look so juvenile.
My issues with most vehicles these days. I either get a dad/mom car (Accord, Camry, random SUV, etc) or the cars that are still somewhat entertaining, I feel I would look like a 40 year old idiot driving. I was also at the Acura dealer last week for an oil change and was walking around the show room. The current Acuras are all nice and shiny....I think they fixed their "looks" problem in the past couple of years, but they have no manual transmissions nor wagons...so they have nothing for me.

Give me a modern Accord or Camry with the a MT and the features I want, and I will go buy it. But to get a MT on the Accord, I pretty much have to get a base or mid-range model. I am at least happy they offer that much with the MT, but I want the rest of the luxury features. The little things like memory seats have become quite nice to have since the wife and I drive each other's vehicles all the time. In an auto, we are close enough that we don't have to muck with seats...but in a MT...we sit very differently.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Congrats on 10 years!!!!! I also have a 2008 TL-S. Your 2008 SSM TL-S looks amazing for it's age. Well taken care of. Mine is Carbon Bronze and holding up well. I'm at about 124K, what is your mileage?
Old 11-06-2018, 09:40 AM
Safety Car

Resurrecting this old thread here, but I was at Honda not long ago for an oil change on the minivan and I checked out the Civic TypeR. What a shame the exterior looks like it does. Great look for the playstation, but doesn't look quite right on the streets here, at least not driven by a 37 year old boring dad (me). On the inside though, it was nice, I thought the seats were great. I didn't drive it but the movement and action of the manual gearbox clacking through the gates was very crisp and precise, I just wish the exterior didn't look so juvenile.
i agree completely. i saw a type r for the first time in person and it was that sweet blue color, and even though it looked less ricey and goofy in person, it's still something i cannot drive. i work with surgeons and surgeon reps a lot, and hold a manager position and if i had to drive people around in that thing i would be a laughingstock. i need something more refined, that's why i'm excited about the new type s lineup coming back in 2020. i'm hoping it's refined with that edge of sporty like the s4 cars have, and i'm hoping to keep my 10 year old 2008 type s until 2023, when i can sell it and buy a CPO/used 2021 tlx type s. let's hope!

if acura disappoints once again, i'll settle on an s4/s6 or tastefully mod an a6 in 2023
Old 11-06-2018, 09:04 PM
Suzuka Master

well looks like your hop gonna go down the drain.... Have you seen the new ILX "Aspec"? lmao.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
Congrats on 10 years!!!!! I also have a 2008 TL-S. Your 2008 SSM TL-S looks amazing for it's age. Well taken care of. Mine is Carbon Bronze and holding up well. I'm at about 124K, what is your mileage?
Thanks! I was lucky that only for the first 6 months or so it was outside during the day. After that, garage at night and parking deck during the day. I think that really helped keep it. I have 89k miles on it now. My uncle has a 2007 Type S that's been in the sun all the time and it looks rough.

Originally Posted by sockr1
i agree completely. i saw a type r for the first time in person and it was that sweet blue color, and even though it looked less ricey and goofy in person, it's still something i cannot drive. i work with surgeons and surgeon reps a lot, and hold a manager position and if i had to drive people around in that thing i would be a laughingstock. i need something more refined, that's why i'm excited about the new type s lineup coming back in 2020. i'm hoping it's refined with that edge of sporty like the s4 cars have, and i'm hoping to keep my 10 year old 2008 type s until 2023, when i can sell it and buy a CPO/used 2021 tlx type s. let's hope!

if acura disappoints once again, i'll settle on an s4/s6 or tastefully mod an a6 in 2023
the new audi look sweet, I have to admit I'm partial to the Avant (wagon) ones I seen a few of those with some mods that look pretty sexy. I have to agree that you have to buy a car that looks the part too and matches your profession.

Originally Posted by Jackass
My issues with most vehicles these days. I either get a dad/mom car (Accord, Camry, random SUV, etc) or the cars that are still somewhat entertaining, I feel I would look like a 40 year old idiot driving. I was also at the Acura dealer last week for an oil change and was walking around the show room. The current Acuras are all nice and shiny....I think they fixed their "looks" problem in the past couple of years, but they have no manual transmissions nor wagons...so they have nothing for me.

Give me a modern Accord or Camry with the a MT and the features I want, and I will go buy it. But to get a MT on the Accord, I pretty much have to get a base or mid-range model. I am at least happy they offer that much with the MT, but I want the rest of the luxury features. The little things like memory seats have become quite nice to have since the wife and I drive each other's vehicles all the time. In an auto, we are close enough that we don't have to muck with seats...but in a MT...we sit very differently.
Ya as I mentioned earlier I'm pretty partial to wagons too, my wife thinks I'm an idiot and my love for wagon is only making her belief stronger. I would like to get a wagon as our next car but we don't have that many choices here. A lot of the BMW and Mercedes don't come in Wagons here and I think the Audi options are fairly limited.
That's funny you mention that about the wife's driving position. In the van (automatic) our memory seats are the same position, in the manual she's a fair bit further forward. I put her in the mind set of "you need to be as far away from the airbag as possible" but with the manual she also needs to push the clutch in
As far as the accord go, the last one I drove was my wife's old 2004 accord that we had up until 2010. It was a EX V6 coupe automatic. Leaving the transmission out of the conversation, I thought the steering was pretty numb and the ride was really bouncy compared with my 2001 CL-S so I never cared for that accord. The engine was pretty muted too, the CL-S was a lot more exciting to floor and hear the engine go.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
OMG ..you struck a nerve with me...

Call me crazy, but personally, I see my next car being like a 2007, I currently drive a 2011 Kia, but it lacks the soul of an older car...

The part about the dreams scares the hell out of me...

It takes me about 2 years to develop an emotional relationship with my car... That's why I've went through 3 cars in 14 months... We also have a 2007 RDX, which I had a dream that we were trading it, and that I had to find a way to cancel the deal, it was scary... That was about 6 months ago, meaning the 2 year thing applies...

Now at 233K miles, and in need of paint and leather repair, I'm ready to really commit bigtime...

I hate to see older cars get damaged... If someone drove a new TLX off a cliff it would hardly phase me... Other than the horrendous expiriance for the occupants, the TLX could easilly be ordered exactly the sane through the dealer, and delivered in an identical package... Also, when a car is young (under about 5 years) it's personality is not quite beginning to show, but ut will soon...

The smells, the quirks, the rattles, the sounds...

I just can't value a car under 8 years old, if not 10!!!
that is some impressive mileage!
Ya I agree that takes hears to fall in love with the car, but honestly, for me the TL-S was a pretty quick crush.

Before the TL-S I had a CL-S and it needed some maintenance so I had a Base 2007 TL Base for a couple of days as loaner. It was a great car but I didn't feel a spark. So back then when I was looking to move to a 4 door, I started looking at a BMW 335 sedan. My cousin had a Coupe and that thing was pretty sweet. But I was having a bit of a hard time with the price on the bmw, the one I was looking at was 50k in 2008 (new)… Then the new TSX was released and it had a manual gearbox, so I stopped by Acura and asked if I could have a test drive. They gave me the keys and said come back with it tomorrow. So I drove it around, I liked it fine. Then when I went to return it they had a black TL-S auto in the showroom, so I asked if I could have a go in that. Same thing, they said bring it back tomorrow. I kept it the whole day, but I knew about 50 ft after I left the dealership that this is the car I wanted. Ya sure enough next day I went to the dealer with the checkbook in hand and ordered the TL-S manual. I can't remember exactly the price, I was way to giddy with excitement, but it was 16k or so cheaper than the BMW.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:19 AM
Null and proud of it

You saved 16k, and got what you wanted... Mlre importantly, it still runs like new today!!!

Can't beat that!!!

Ready for another TL myself...
Old 11-09-2018, 06:24 PM
Suzuka Master

save $16k when new and save $4k when they sell as used car , I am keep looking around to see what next after the TL but so far nothing impress me yet. I drove the new NSX and that still not impress with the driving dynamic.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

save $16k when new and save $4k when they sell as used car , I am keep looking around to see what next after the TL but so far nothing impress me yet. I drove the new NSX and that still not impress with the driving dynamic.
that's a bummer about the new NSX. I wanted a 1998 or so NSX (a few years ago) but the wife wasn't really digging it. Nice cars but they have pretty high price for one in good shape
Old 11-12-2018, 09:57 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
well looks like your hop gonna go down the drain.... Have you seen the new ILX "Aspec"? lmao.
ILX is a total disappointment. I'm willing to give them a chance. Seems like they are building themselves up 1st going back to their roots. Racing. Still, being a step up from Honda, u have to bring it!
Old 11-12-2018, 10:15 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
I agree. The 3rd gen TL owners of today are quite the show. The messages I get on social media from these owners is enough to make anyone cringe. If you're part of any Facebook TL groups, you might need some intense therapy after a few months of reading some of those post and oh, those responses. My wife asked, If I ever sold my TL, what would be my selling price. Honestly, I wouldn't bother to say it because its way over what the car is worth on book value. If you're looking for a nearly flawless, no corners cut, quality modifications with all the bells and whistles, you will pay the price. I can't sit there and explain to someone what i've done, how much money was invested and that it literally needs nothing and I mean nothing needs to be repaired. Every single thing works. I am that rare person that still takes care of their vehicle well after of 12 years of ownership. Someone else would look at my car and tell me it's not worth a penny more than book value. At some point, I believe a very clean, 6MT, Navi, a-spec TL would fetch a decent amount down the road years later. I told my wife, I wouldn't want to sell my TL to just anyone and at this point, It might just end up being my "classic" car. You know its bad when you have dreams of something happening to your car and you wake up with the sweats Hahaha.
I agree as well. I had to remove myself from that group. It was a awful experience. I feel the same way about my 1993 Acura Legend L coupe 6 spd.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 761 Likes on 465 Posts
My TL is 10 years old now!
TL-S has a new sibling
Congrats on 10 years!
The siblings are so cute, too.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Pair of TLs
Congrats on 10 years!
The siblings are so cute, too.
haha thanks! I like the match up with the color and wheels. Interior is similar too, I guess I can post pics... but the TL has the silver ebony and the gt has the black alcantara with gt silver stitching and belts, and most importantly both manuals.

Since I posted this thread I’ve started trading more with my wife so I can drive the TL more. She takes it because she has covered parking, at my new job now the only shade it gets is provided by clouds.

Quick Reply: TL-S turned 10!