3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL Modification Suggestions Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 10:59 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TL Modification Suggestions Anyone?

TL MODIFICATION SUGGESTIONS ANYONE?, i want to do something cool to my acura, do you guys have any suggestions? besides the tint, any other modifications? if so, anyone or website to recommend for me to research? thanks
Old 05-03-2005, 11:27 PM
9th Gear

Transfer the title to my name would be a great second mod-First would be Aspec wheels and body kit
Old 05-04-2005, 05:57 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

Smile Auto-PC Please and a side of horns

Personally I like the Auto-PC someone did on a non-navi TL. I think that one tops my list. Second is the auto windows and sun-roof closing with the keyfob. I am currently working on that one. Other cheap and easy mods are the shock sensor for the alarm and change out the fogs or DRL bulbs to a higher K temp bulb to match the HID lights more closely. One I am still wanting to do is the horns which are a bit mild. One overlooked simple thing you can do to make your car look better is the license plate frame. Get rid of the dealer thingy and get a nice one but be choosy. And dont fasten it with crappy screws and bolts, spring for some stainless ones and polish them up. You may hit a specialty store to get stainless metric socket head screws.

Other mods I've considered: chop the rear, and maybe even the front headrests down to allow better rearward vision. I would not want to affect the safety aspects but they are unnecessarily high in the rear. Could have them done in a nicer grade of leather maybe reshape the fronts slightly. Add a nice shift and parking brake boot. I'm hoping someone will do this mod and publish the patterns so we can make new boots without destroying the old ones.

Not too much into performance mods..just more fun and functionallity.

Originally Posted by tadnhi
TL MODIFICATION SUGGESTIONS ANYONE?, i want to do something cool to my acura, do you guys have any suggestions? besides the tint, any other modifications? if so, anyone or website to recommend for me to research? thanks
Old 05-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Go USC Gamecocks!

I was thinking about getting the indigo blue glowing door "seals", "step plates", or whatever they're called. You can find them on Ebay for a decent price. I believe somebody from this website created them, and I think there might have been a group buy of some sort on here too. I think it's the same guy selling them on Ebay. Anyhow, basically they just replace all four of the stock ones and have the glowing effect when you open the doors. Insatll them yourself or any radio install place/custom shop will do it cheap. Really cool! Oh, and don't forget about the blue LEDs too!
Old 05-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Racer

Auto-PC? Got any more info or a link to the thread (couldn't find it searching)? Thanks.

-LOD

Originally Posted by triggle
Personally I like the Auto-PC someone did on a non-navi TL. I think that one tops my list. Second is the auto windows and sun-roof closing with the keyfob. I am currently working on that one. Other cheap and easy mods are the shock sensor for the alarm and change out the fogs or DRL bulbs to a higher K temp bulb to match the HID lights more closely. One I am still wanting to do is the horns which are a bit mild. One overlooked simple thing you can do to make your car look better is the license plate frame. Get rid of the dealer thingy and get a nice one but be choosy. And dont fasten it with crappy screws and bolts, spring for some stainless ones and polish them up. You may hit a specialty store to get stainless metric socket head screws.

Other mods I've considered: chop the rear, and maybe even the front headrests down to allow better rearward vision. I would not want to affect the safety aspects but they are unnecessarily high in the rear. Could have them done in a nicer grade of leather maybe reshape the fronts slightly. Add a nice shift and parking brake boot. I'm hoping someone will do this mod and publish the patterns so we can make new boots without destroying the old ones.

Not too much into performance mods..just more fun and functionallity.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:27 PM
FIGHTING ILLINI

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by legionofdoom
Auto-PC? Got any more info or a link to the thread (couldn't find it searching)? Thanks.

-LOD
Here u go...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...light=carputer

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...light=acura+tl

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...light=acura+tl

https://acurazine.com/forums/search.php?searchid=75662
Old 05-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
aside from tints which is a must for all....

you could always go with the AEM INTAKE...the COMPTECH EXHAUST...the COMPTECH SWAYBAR which is a mere 100 dollars which is cheap so it can't hurt....one thing that i want to get is a new subwoofer system in my car...the TL's kills me cause its not so great...
Old 05-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Previous Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tadnhi

You have to be a little more specific. By that I mean, budget, type of modification, interior/exterior, performance/visuals.

you can spend $2k+ on rims and then more on tires, a couple hundred on sway bar and exhaust and cai or short ram intake. change out the dome lighting, tint the tail lights and side markers. Add lighted door sills, clear bra. clear your head lights, change out the fog bulbs. lower the car using the spec springs. The list goes on.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Banned

search is ur friend
Old 05-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Thorin78
You have to be a little more specific. By that I mean, budget, type of modification, interior/exterior, performance/visuals.

you can spend $2k+ on rims and then more on tires, a couple hundred on sway bar and exhaust and cai or short ram intake. change out the dome lighting, tint the tail lights and side markers. Add lighted door sills, clear bra. clear your head lights, change out the fog bulbs. lower the car using the spec springs. The list goes on.
Also difficulty of mods, if your a DIYer.
Some don't care about speed, and just about looks and their stero while others want to make a sleeper, focusing all their resources on the performance aspect.

With more info, we could be more helpful.

And search is still your friend
Old 05-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Banned

i dont think TL at least the 3rd gen was made for modding. This is not a ricey car
Old 05-04-2005, 07:07 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TL Tita
search is ur friend
A quick learner - 12 posts and less than a week here... I'm impressed

While I wouldn't throw on a huge wing or go over board with neon, a few mods can make a great car look and drive even better. Not that I would know, since mine is still bone stock
Old 05-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Cruisin'

I definitely want to change my fog lights to a higher K temp, but I have no idea what temp to look for and moreover I don't know where to buy. Anyone out there have a website where I can buy them?
Old 05-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Banned

best mod "SEARCH" + "GOOGLE" = "ANSWER"
Old 05-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Racer

Muchas gracias!

Old 05-04-2005, 10:04 PM
is still kickin!

Originally Posted by duckguy
Transfer the title to my name would be a great second mod-First would be Aspec wheels and body kit

good one........
Old 05-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by moeronn
A quick learner - 12 posts and less than a week here... I'm impressed

While I wouldn't throw on a huge wing or go over board with neon, a few mods can make a great car look and drive even better. Not that I would know, since mine is still bone stock
I have been members at bmw forums and audi forums for years. I know the "rules". Always search first before asking a question
Old 06-30-2005, 06:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by triggle
Wow...first time i heard of my system being called an "Auto-PC" but I like it =)

I am working on the shock sensor and the keyfob to roll up all the windows as well... Just gotta find time =)
Old 06-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Instructor

Clear out the headlights, smoke the tail light and side markers, blue LED door sills and interior lighting, nav to DVD.... to name a few.

I'd also like to add CAI, oem spoiler, 35 mm cannon and a missile launcher.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Mods: 20" Diablo Fatboy Spinners, 3 foot wing, 1,000 watt JL system, neon underbodies, 5% tint all around, BodyKits.com body kit, still debating on curb feelers and a La Cucoracha horn.

Riiiiiiiight...Current - ASPEC body kit, wing spoiler, ASPEC susupension, CT RSB, 19" RJ Devotions, blank driver door handle...Future - CAI, custom exhaust, tint, clear headlights...Maybe one day - supercharger, AWD conversion, shaved door handles (these would be if and when I get a new car and the TL becomes a project car).
Old 07-01-2005, 05:21 PM
Instructor

Curb Feelers??? Damn, why didn't I think of that one...maybe mag wheels too.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:08 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Add Bypass Oil Filter to the list. Dual Remote BMK-13 kit from Amsoil, relocates the oil filter and adds a bypass oil filter as well. Increases capacity to about 7 quarts from 5, thus reducing stress on the oil.

Michael
Old 07-02-2005, 08:27 AM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
look here https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98639
Old 07-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Intermediate

what does the shock sensor look like? is it visible from the outside or is it just extra wiring?? i found a dealer that installs them in the headlamp unit, but not much info was given about it. thanks for the replies.