3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tinting Question: All Around Tint? Or Partial Tint? Windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tinting Question: All Around Tint? Or Partial Tint? Windshield?

Hello,

I have a question. May sound stupid but I would just like some answers.

Firstly, I don't know if it is the effects of the tint, but are people tinting their windshield?

Does all around tinting mean all 4 passenger windows, rear shield and the front wind shield? or is it all windows except the front windshield?

Secondly, are people doing all around tint or doing partial tint?
I don't know the appropiate term but are people tinting the rear passenger windows + rear window darker than the front passenger windows? or just making it all uniform?

Does anyone know what the canadian law is in Toronto for how dark we can tint?

Also, if it is against the law to tint your wind shield, then during the summers, how exactly are you protecting your interior considering sun can come in from the front and ruin the dash and front leather seats?

Much thanks.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:20 PM
I Only Park In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
windshield 30%

L/R windows, and rear window 25%
Old 03-19-2007, 11:51 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i do all around tint cuz i like all darkness to be uniform not parts darker than the other, personal view only

windshield no tint cuz here attracts attention from cops. bought one of those sun screeners from walmart to cover my windshield when parked, that works better than tint, reflecting some 97+% sunlight, and cheap too around 8 bucks
Old 03-20-2007, 12:43 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Tinting the front windshield is illegal in most states (if not all), therefore "all around tinting" usually means seven windows: two side fronts, two side rears, two side rear quarters (yes they count since they're separate), and rear windshield. Tinting the two front windows is usually illegal as well, but it's more common than windshield tinting.

You will find that most people that tint on here, will tint all seven windows.. sometimes the fronts will be lighter than the back.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:46 AM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE IN MINNESOTA?
Front Side Windows Must not be more than 20% reflective.
Back Side Windows Must not be more than 20% reflective.

What does reflective mean? does the reflective coating essentially help block more sun? good bad? How will this stack on top of the actual tint law for MN which is 50% MAX?
Old 03-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lusid
HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE IN MINNESOTA?
Front Side Windows Must not be more than 20% reflective.
Back Side Windows Must not be more than 20% reflective.

What does reflective mean? does the reflective coating essentially help block more sun? good bad? How will this stack on top of the actual tint law for MN which is 50% MAX?
When people just call out a tint percentage, they are usually talking about the percent transmission. So for example, "35% tint" means that the tint allows 35% of the light through. "20% tint" would be darker than "35% tint" and so on.

When people talk about tint being "reflective", they are talking about the mirror-like tint that is silvery and, well, looks like a mirror. Personally, I really don't like the mirror-y tint. It would give a nice car like the TL a cheap, ricer look IMHO.