3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time Display/AC Vent wiring

Old 10-08-2018, 01:20 PM
Acura Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Time Display/AC Vent wiring

Hey guys, I've tried searching for the answer to this question and couldn't really find what I was looking for. I want to remove the middle AC vent unit that also has the time and AC temp display. I saw a video saying that if you disconnect the two cables from the back of it that the airbag lights would go off. Is this true and can it be avoided by disconnecting the battery prior to disconnecting the airbag cable? I do not have a code reader that can clear SRS codes so I don't feel like having to take my car to the dealer get the SRS codes cleared.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,574 Likes on 6,625 Posts
You're saying you want to remove it completely? or just unplugging it?
Old 10-08-2018, 02:23 PM
Acura Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by thoiboi
You're saying you want to remove it completely? or just unplugging it?
Unplug it so can I remove the whole unit (temporarily) . I'm going to put it all back together but the middle speaker kind of rattles a bit so I want to try and eliminate the rattle as well as the display that shows the time and AC temp flickers and occasionally goes out so I have to push down on the top of the dash for it to come back. I think it's a loose cable so I just want to be able to remove the whole unit so I can get a better look at everything. Having to try and prop it up on the dash or hold it makes it hard to work in that small space. Also, I have some burnt out bulbs around the nav unit and I'd like to replace all the bulbs and put red or blue bulbs so I want to see if theres a way I can also change the color of the time display to red or blue as well... kind of like the type s