Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

These Brembo pads warped two different rotors

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 12:28 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bg2128506
I don't really see any simple logic. My slotted rotors got wrapped under Akebono Ceramic. Now, btw, I am continuing with cheap semi-metalic for some many months, not getting any worse, in fact improved a bit, but still wrapped as they vibrate at braking from above 30mph. I would think that the deposits should have gone by now long time ago (== blue heat marks), but blue heat marks are here not any fainter.
I have tried and done countless research on brake pads and rotors since I have this problem with my TSX before, the best pads I found for them was Axxis ULT pads, Australian made together with the blank made in China Brembo rotors. I have tried the Centric 120 rotors as well back in the days they were fine as well and also stamped in China. As for my TL-S I use OEM rotors and OEM Ferodo Pads, they work great, dust a lot but work great. If you have the Brembo calipers up front, then you have tons of choices as we share the same brake pads as the Evo and Sti guys for the fronts. You need to experiment if you don't want to shell out money for the OEM combo. The Akebono ceramic pads are rated GG, I don't see it burning pad deposits on your rotors, unless you are using a really cheap eBay slotted rotors. Get rid of those and get a better blank rotors. And make sure to bed in your brakes. Here's some articles you should read.. Rotors that warp are a myth.

https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/i...Path=6446_6443

-Warped- Brake Disc and Other Myths
Old 09-22-2017, 08:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 191 Likes on 174 Posts
Btw OP has the red brembo pads which are the cheaper version of the OEM. It's documented well the red brembos from china are crap. OEM are the black shimmed pads made in italy. If you don't have bad calipers then the pads or rotors are shit.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:57 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by WDPanda
Btw OP has the red brembo pads which are the cheaper version of the OEM. It's documented well the red brembos from china are crap. OEM are the black shimmed pads made in italy. If you don't have bad calipers then the pads or rotors are shit.
I agree, this is what I am trying to say, our front brakes are great so even like a cheap Wagner TQ pads works fine for daily driving. Make sure your calipers are not sticking. Our OEM rotors from Acura are actually stamped here in USA, hence the high price, you can see they are made of a softer metal since the rotors wear together with the Ferodo Italian pads just like all Euro cars out there , that's why most of their wheels are caked with brake dust.