3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a difference between the APP sensor and the Drive-By-Wire?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 08:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 307 Likes on 214 Posts
Is there a difference between the APP sensor and the Drive-By-Wire?

During my short time here, I've ran into both of these terms but I can't seem to differentiate between the two.

Some people have cited replacing the accelerator position sensor (ballpark of $150), while others have suggested tightening the Drive-By-Wire.

I was simply wondering if you guys could fill me in on this. I notice a bit of lag between the pedal position and the engine speed response/RPMs and I figure I should look into it.

Thanks for the input!
Old 04-20-2017, 10:09 AM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 441 Posts
Should be the same thing. Your accelerator pedal attaches to a cable which runs into the engine bay to the passenger side of the firewall. That cable then attaches to the APP sensor. There is some adjustment you can make to the cable there you should try first before replacing the sensor.
The following users liked this post:
TheSauceBoss (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 10:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 307 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackass
Should be the same thing. Your accelerator pedal attaches to a cable which runs into the engine bay to the passenger side of the firewall. That cable then attaches to the APP sensor. There is some adjustment you can make to the cable there you should try first before replacing the sensor.
Hey thanks, and coincidentally, I just saw there is another post currently on the front page discussing the location for this wire. I will look into in further there. Rookie mistake not being more observant I guess