3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry guys, I think I give NBP drivers and TL drivers a bad impression to others...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 03:21 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry guys, I think I give NBP drivers and TL drivers a bad impression to others...

I feel so bad, and I'm so pissed off at myself.
I don't deserve driving a Nice NBP TL-S...
It hurts everytime I see it, physically, my neck hurts, but emotionally, it's worst than getting tortured.

Here's what happened, light turns green, car infront of me starts moving. I lift off brake and goes for abit of throttle. Civic infront slams on brakes, so I try to stop too, (I didn't slam on the brakes too! It was like a relax stop!) but slid on black ice, tried to steer out of the Civic's way so I can go on the median/grass but steering failed cuz front tires are sliding on black ice. Then boom.....

Old 11-23-2007, 05:31 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch! At least the damage is not too severe (looks mostly on the bumper side?). Should not be too hard to fix I hope.

The closest damage I have had on mine was occurred when I was driving on the highway with a dually truck next to me. The truck tire had a major blowout and chunks of tire got sent off to the front of the car. Luckily, they just bounced off the windshield and no visual damage occurred. This happened with less than 2K miles.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:41 AM
steeez

ouch.. damn dawg, im sorry to hear/see what happend. from the title of the thread i was thinkin to myself "oh no.. did he race someone or do somethin stupid like that and crash?" but from what you said, it sounds like it was out of your control.. sliding on black ice :/ hope youre ok and that it will end ok. let us know
Old 11-23-2007, 05:49 AM
Banned

Thanks guys...
I can't sleep cuz of this. I've driven for 3 years and this is my first accident.

I work at Volkswagen, and the sales manager wanted to see it. He took a look at it, I don't know if he was scaring me or something but he told me it would cost around CDN$4000 to fix.

All I know is that I need a new bumper, new grille, new left side headlight, new hood.You guys should see the HUGE hole punctured into my front plate. It does look funny, I don't know how that happened. That's the one thing that made me smile after this happened today. I'll take a picture of the plate for you guys to see later today, just for the laugh.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:57 AM
Intermediate

sorry to hear that... hope everyone involved was ok
Old 11-23-2007, 06:35 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Aristo82
Ouch! At least the damage is not too severe (looks mostly on the bumper side?). Should not be too hard to fix I hope.

The closest damage I have had on mine was occurred when I was driving on the highway with a dually truck next to me. The truck tire had a major blowout and chunks of tire got sent off to the front of the car. Luckily, they just bounced off the windshield and no visual damage occurred. This happened with less than 2K miles.
You know, since I've had my new TL (purchased in August), currently with less than 5k on it, I've been behind THREE dump trucks carrying gravel that was spilling out. I moved into the shoulder once and didn't take as many hits, people probably thought I was crazy, haha. There wasn't any major damage either time, a few un-noticable scuffs. I got their plate 2 / 3 times, but wasn't worth pursuing.

To the OP - sorry to hear. It sucks to have something like that happen, but like someone else mentioned, at least it was beyond your control. Nothing worse than getting into an accident that's your fault and you could have prevented. You'll just always keep thinking about what you could have done to prevent it.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:38 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
the nbp curse strikes again, mine was a total of $12k... and yours will be around half that, those hid headlights do not run cheap at all... I'd say give your insurance co a call and see if you can possibly get some of those parts yourself and get an independant shop to do the repairs that way you can save on costs since it was a rear end and you were on the rear most likely it will be your fault... so you would either pay your deductible in full and risk your rates sky rocketing....

I feel your pain, I've had my baby back for a month... the 3 weeks I didn't have her I almost cried, look at the bright side, atleast she is drivable
Old 11-23-2007, 07:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by stillhere153
the nbp curse strikes again, mine was a total of $12k... and yours will be around half that, those hid headlights do not run cheap at all... I'd say give your insurance co a call and see if you can possibly get some of those parts yourself and get an independant shop to do the repairs that way you can save on costs since it was a rear end and you were on the rear most likely it will be your fault... so you would either pay your deductible in full and risk your rates sky rocketing....

I feel your pain, I've had my baby back for a month... the 3 weeks I didn't have her I almost cried, look at the bright side, atleast she is drivable
If it is determined to be his fault it won't matter if he claims it or fixes it himself. While the insurance company wants to recoup the money they lost fixing it, they also now consider him to be high risk, as those that have been in a wreck are more likely to be in another, regardless of fault.

It doesn't look too bad damage wise, but I'm deathly afraid of front and rear collisions in this car after that article that showed how much damage they suffer at such low speeds. Anyone else remember that? It was like $4k at just 5 mph.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:06 AM
Banned

I'm gonna miss it when I drop it off to get it fixed. I guess mine wasn't as bad as your's but emotionally, it still hurts alot.

I'm going to the body shop tommorow to get it looked at, and I still have to wait for the other party's call on what he wants to do. I also have to pay for his car's damage too. (Not alot, just scratches from my headlight and my front plate)
I'm planning to go through the insurance company but repair it on my own, so it won't affect my insurance....much. But it will affect it little to none, cuz it'll leave a record that I have had an accident. I guess it won't be bad since this is my first ever accident.

Wierd thing is, I don't understand how my rear plate cut through my front bumper and tuck right under the cut? Awkward.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
I didn't think it was cold enough for black ice in Van yet. Mind you even if it was the scaryest thing a man can do is go to Vancouver/ Lower Mainland and drive in traffic with people who treat snow / ice as just another day and go the same speed and tailgate like they normally do instead of leaving a few minutes early and leaving extra room.

And on top of it all on "All Season" tires.

I know .. been there ... seen it ... more than once.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,006 Likes on 1,514 Posts
I had a similar accident with my TL. But instead of me hitting the person in front of me, they reversed and smashed into me lol.

My bill was roughly $4300 to fix (new bumper, new hood, new side fender, paint, labor, etc)

Good luck with it bro.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:38 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
well new york city has already seen snow, so pretty sure up in canada it is icy
Old 11-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Suzuka Master

well new york city has already seen snow, so pretty sure up in canada it is icy
Yeep .. cars are all put up for the winter ... parkas & long underwear on .. dog sleds and snowmobiles are in the driveways.

BTW Vancouver has weather like Seattle ..

My point being everyone in Vancouver is in such a hurry when the weather takes a turn no one slows down or gives extra time.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Advanced

i gotinto aa wreck, front end colision (my fault), and it caused $19k worth of damage. haha it was horrible. i got the car, had it for 3 weeks, and then i decided to drive under a FordF250. ive now been away from my TL for2 months, 1 more month to go, it's in a shop. insurance told me it had to be $22k worth of damage in order to crush it and get me a new one. soooooo..... ill be driving a sexy TL with $19k worth of damage on it. anyone wanna buy it? haha
Old 11-23-2007, 10:22 AM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts
damn bro sorry to hear that.. at least you didn't get hurt
are you going to make another angel bezel?
Old 11-23-2007, 11:46 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So let me get this right...you are going to fix it yourself? His AND yours? But you are going to report it? Dude...stop tripping! You do one or the other - not both! I know you all down and what not for crashing your ride, but stop with the emotional reactions man! LOL! Fix it OR report it...don't compound the problem aiight!

NBP mofo...well...in a week or two for you!
Old 11-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Hey darksom1 did you ever get your tinted plate all done? PVT me a pix if you did.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:05 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Hey darksom1 did you ever get your tinted plate all done? PVT me a pix if you did.
I just PM'd you Jess!
Old 11-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by elkayem
I don't deserve driving a Nice NBP TL-S...
I am sorry about what happened.
since you're getting a new bumper, can I have the damaged one?
Old 11-23-2007, 02:59 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THREAD HIGHJACK
Old 11-23-2007, 05:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by darksom1
So let me get this right...you are going to fix it yourself? His AND yours? But you are going to report it? Dude...stop tripping! You do one or the other - not both! I know you all down and what not for crashing your ride, but stop with the emotional reactions man! LOL! Fix it OR report it...don't compound the problem aiight!

NBP mofo...well...in a week or two for you!
Yeah, I'm gonna report it. The only reason people don't report is when they don't admit it's their fault or they don't wanna pay the other's damage. But I'm willing to pay and I admit it's my fault, might as well report it. It's better than not reporting and fixing it for the other party and they report faulse information AFTER I fix it for them. I can't fix it on my own, I'm gonna take it to my friend's body shop later today and get it looked at. I still have to wait for the other party's call before I do anything.

Darksom, I'll listen to you and stop being so emo.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lights
I am sorry about what happened.
since you're getting a new bumper, can I have the damaged one?
You want the bumper? Sure, pm me your number, I'll give you a call if I can get that to work.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:06 PM
I have car ADD

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
not too bad... new bumper cover, headlight and grille
Old 11-23-2007, 06:27 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Sounds like a chance to mod the grille and headlights if you hadn't already.

It'll be good as new.

And I don't think any less of NBP or NBP drivers than I did before. :evilgrin:
Old 11-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Thing is if you pay yourself and still report it to ICBC when you go to sell your car its going to be on record as damaged over $2000 and effect the resale even tho there is no major structural or electrical/mechanical damage. ..

Think it over.

BTW ICBC is the local manditory by law basic insurance agency up here ... e don't have a choise.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:45 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94

It'll be good as new.

I agree ..abou the first part haha

Elkayem..you emo child haah..dont worry about it dude, everything will be fine soon enough. Sorry to hear that though, wasn't ur grill already modded?
Old 11-23-2007, 07:05 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Thing is if you pay yourself and still report it to ICBC when you go to sell your car its going to be on record as damaged over $2000 and effect the resale even tho there is no major structural or electrical/mechanical damage. ..

Think it over.

BTW ICBC is the local manditory by law basic insurance agency up here ... e don't have a choise.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:37 PM
B A N N E D

there ice in Vancouver??
lol
Old 11-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bearcat94

It'll be good as new.

Yeah, now I have to reinstall the angel eyes, and I'm gonna put in 6000k HID's and sell the OEM ones.
Maybe sell the Type-S bumper too...
Old 11-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
I agree ..abou the first part haha

Elkayem..you emo child haah..dont worry about it dude, everything will be fine soon enough. Sorry to hear that though, wasn't ur grill already modded?
Yeah, I have 2 grilles.
To save some money, I might put my darksom styled modded grille on instead of getting a new one. But no confirmation on anything yet. Not doing anything until I settle problems with the other party.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Banned

Think it over.

But then, the other party can report their car. But I can keep my car out of ICBC's business, and I can pay ICBC to get their car fixed. That way, I can keep my record clean.
Someone from the insurance agency suggested that to me, my friend that works at the body shop agrees I should do that too.

But I don't know, I want more opinions first.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
dam dude that just sucks, hopefully it will be good as new in no time
Old 11-23-2007, 09:22 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

But then, the other party can report their car. But I can keep my car out of ICBC's business, and I can pay ICBC to get their car fixed. That way, I can keep my record clean.
Someone from the insurance agency suggested that to me, my friend that works at the body shop agrees I should do that too.

But I don't know, I want more opinions first.
From reading more of this, it occurs to me that things work different in Canada with insurance than here. But if you can avoid the whole insurance thing, do that! I guess you have to do what you have to do. Good luck man. Hook that NBP back up!
Old 11-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Banned

man i feel your pain bro...
Old 11-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Banned

From reading more of this, it occurs to me that things work different in Canada with insurance than here. But if you can avoid the whole insurance thing, do that! I guess you have to do what you have to do. Good luck man. Hook that NBP back up!
They probably do, I'm not sure.
I just wanna try to avoid ICBC insurance company as much as I can, to prevent my rates going up. And also, I'm just afraid if I settle it privately, the other party would come back and bite me with so called "physical pains".
Old 11-23-2007, 10:41 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

They probably do, I'm not sure.
I just wanna try to avoid ICBC insurance company as much as I can, to prevent my rates going up. And also, I'm just afraid if I settle it privately, the other party would come back and bite me with so called "physical pains".
How did he act when you hit him? Upset or cool and said no problem?
Old 11-23-2007, 11:07 PM
Banned

How did he act when you hit him? Upset or cool and said no problem?
He acted...quite awkwardly. I could barely understand his english...
and also..I asked him VERY NICELY why he jammed on his brake...he replies..."i dont know!"
I asked him for his licence and all the registration...he said "what? i dont know!"
he could barely speak english too...
Old 11-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
You want the bumper? Sure, pm me your number, I'll give you a call if I can get that to work.
Your PM box is full.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:36 AM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
He probably knew there was ice and tried to get you to run into him, honestly the worst thing you can do in icey conditions is do an abrupt stop or turn, you'll get your ass kicked. That's why when it snows I drive slow and speed up when I see someone coming for me, I really don't like driving in the snow, too many people think they are good drivers. But you can be a race car driver, ice is unpredictable, you can't beat out ice.

Good luck with the repairs in Canada a no fault insurance?
Old 11-24-2007, 03:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lights
Your PM box is full.
cleared!
pm'd you!

Quick Reply: Sorry guys, I think I give NBP drivers and TL drivers a bad impression to others...