3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sick to my stomach-UPDATE 10/3 (Car in the shop)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Jokerman

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Sick to my stomach-UPDATE 10/3 (Car in the shop)

Last night I got home from my softball game against the Marines around 6:30.
I decided to leave ny car out of the garage for while. (I normally pull it in every time i get home, even if its for 5 minutes). My wife left to get to our son's open house at his school. She got home around 8:15 and told me to come outside, she would not tell me why. I went outside and found that somebody had scratched up my entire car from front bumper to rear bumper. I mean every panel, every thing. I live in military housing, right outside of a bad neighborhood. But it might have been local kids also. Lately we have been having a lot of vehicles broken into, vandalized, and whatnot. But I didn't think my car would have any problems since it was just becaoming dark outside. I looked around this morning and it was pretty bad. Also i noticed that the security light sensor was moved to point away from the driveway. I was always aimed at the driveway because that was the main way to the front door/garage unless you wanted to drive through the grass. Now I have to get the insurance company involved and hope my rates dont go up.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:25 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
sorry.

pictures?
The following users liked this post:
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 07:43 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
sorry to hear that man...best of luck to you.

did you piss anybody off?

+1 for pics.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts
Wow sorry to hear. Hope everything works out for you.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 08:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Sorry to hear that. We've been having a lot of problems here on our base as well with car vandalism. Kids are hitting entire blocks as a time, slashing tires, keying up cars, etc. We keep the Maxima in the garage at ALL times. It's sad that you have to be concerned about that stuff on a military installation.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
If it's USAA which I assume you have, your rates will not go up, back in the day on a different car, my car got broken into twice and once vandalized in less than 6 months, I knew my rates were going to go up, but they didn't! This is covered under your comprehensive coverage and all you have to pay is your deductible. I hope you find the kid, because I doubt a military member will do that to another.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 09:24 AM
NTMD8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks like fake MB rims, but for that price it's good...though 19k and miles issues...definitely tampered.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered 3.5L Member

Received 154 Likes on 137 Posts
I hate this kind of shit OP!!! I hope it all gets sorted out soon.

In the words of Vincent Vega:

"it was out five days and some dickless piece of shit fucked with it. Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that asshole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it. What's more chicken shit than fucking with a man's automobile? I mean, don't fuck with another man's vehicle. It's just against the rules."
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Originally Posted by jimsta
Looks like fake MB rims, but for that price it's good...though 19k and miles issues...definitely tampered.

what?

Anyway OP damn that sucks, hopefully you can find out who did it. Pretty bold to do it in the day time though
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
Unbelievable! makes me sick to my stomach as well and its not even my car. Why on earth do people do the shit they do?

I live in a nice neighborhood and there was one night that we had to leave my wifes Accord outside because I was putting an epoxy coat on the garage floor. The one night we left it out she didnt lock the car and some assholes got into it popped the fuel door and loaded her gas tank up with eggs. One damn night!! I removed the filler tube and cleaned as much out as I could. Her fuel pump took a shit two days later on the highway and cost us $500. F'ing assholes.

Sorry to hear about this man hopefully everything works out for you and the car.

James
Sorr
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Early Shifter

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts
Sorry to hear this, sucks people lack respect for other peoples' property.

Don't worry about your insurance rates. Comprehensive claims do not affect premiums, at least with Nationwide. With my previous car I had two Hail related claims over 2 years, each time I received roughly $1600 and not a penny increase in premium.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
That sucks people can’t respect other peoples belongings. I had the something happen to be at my old apartment complex. Get a police report if you haven’t already and call up your insurance company. They will take care of it, I paid a bit extra out of pocket to get the entire car resprayed.

I wanted to kill the person who vandalized my car but after I got it back from the shop I didn’t care anymore. I got all my imperfections taken care off, no orange peel, and matching bumpers!!! Good luck with everything man.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 10:46 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
I live in a nice neighborhood and there was one night that we had to leave my wifes Accord outside because I was putting an epoxy coat on the garage floor. The one night we left it out she didnt lock the car and some assholes got into it popped the fuel door and loaded her gas tank up with eggs. One damn night!! I removed the filler tube and cleaned as much out as I could. Her fuel pump took a shit two days later on the highway and cost us $500. F'ing assholes.
OP THAT IS RIDICULOUS! I really dont know why people actually take time to key someone's car, and from the sound of it they keyed the shit outta it. Makes me sad and it aint even my car. And what makes it even worse is that you live on base and you put your life on the line for all of us! Thank you for your service. I REALLY hope you catch the bastard(s) who did this. This doesn't make any sense. Man, the energy these asshole(s) used to mess wit your car, they could've used it for some more productive.

JTS I can't believe that ONE night some put eggs in your wife's accord. I've never heard of that. I've heard of puttin sugar in the tank. Reading what happened to your wife's car pissed me off too. Man 3G TLs are really catching hell with vandals.

Oh and OP your rates shouldn't go up. I hear USAA is very good. And I dont blame you for parking your car in the garage all the time. Still makes me sad a little. Just keep your head up and your car will be taken care of.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Sorry to hear about your TL getting keyed. You'd think it would be safe on base, but that's just not the case. Bored teens will be bored and they will do stupid stuff to entertain themselves. Did you report it to the base police? I hope they are caught.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Go Pats!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't think your rate would go up unless it cost a lot of money to fix. Hope everything works out for you
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Jokerman

Originally Posted by PrissyJayne
Sorry to hear that. We've been having a lot of problems here on our base as well with car vandalism. Kids are hitting entire blocks as a time, slashing tires, keying up cars, etc. We keep the Maxima in the garage at ALL times. It's sad that you have to be concerned about that stuff on a military installation.
What base are you at. I am here in Great Lakes Illinois. The housing area isnt gated off or very well protected by the police. About a month ago about 30 cars got broken into in one night throughout my housing area.

Originally Posted by usmarinedelta
If it's USAA which I assume you have, your rates will not go up, back in the day on a different car, my car got broken into twice and once vandalized in less than 6 months, I knew my rates were going to go up, but they didn't! This is covered under your comprehensive coverage and all you have to pay is your deductible. I hope you find the kid, because I doubt a military member will do that to another.
You will be surprise to see the type of people we get in the military. But its not just them, its their kids who have no respect for anything. My garage got broken into and they stole my radio and tools. Afterwards i found out that just around the corner, there is a few military families whos teenage kids we caught with stolen good from peoples houses and cars.

Originally Posted by jimsta
What?

Originally Posted by BigPZ
I hate this kind of shit OP!!! I hope it all gets sorted out soon.

In the words of Vincent Vega:

"it was out five days and some dickless piece of shit fucked with it. Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that asshole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it. What's more chicken shit than fucking with a man's automobile? I mean, don't fuck with another man's vehicle. It's just against the rules."
I agree 100%, i couldnt even think of messing with someone elses car, it makes me so sick just to even think about it.

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
Unbelievable! makes me sick to my stomach as well and its not even my car. Why on earth do people do the shit they do?

Sorry to hear about this man hopefully everything works out for you and the car.

James
Sorr
about two months ago, someone went around siphoning gas out of peoples cars, my wifes was one of them. Took half of her tank, and we just filled up that night.

Originally Posted by lilsid112
That sucks people can’t respect other peoples belongings. I had the something happen to be at my old apartment complex. Get a police report if you haven’t already and call up your insurance company. They will take care of it, I paid a bit extra out of pocket to get the entire car resprayed.

I wanted to kill the person who vandalized my car but after I got it back from the shop I didn’t care anymore. I got all my imperfections taken care off, no orange peel, and matching bumpers!!! Good luck with everything man.
They hit me up pretty bad. Every panel is going to need work, and i havent even gotten a complete look at it yet, i am kind of afraid.

Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
OP THAT IS RIDICULOUS! I really dont know why people actually take time to key someone's car, and from the sound of it they keyed the shit outta it. Makes me sad and it aint even my car. And what makes it even worse is that you live on base and you put your life on the line for all of us! Thank you for your service. I REALLY hope you catch the bastard(s) who did this. This doesn't make any sense. Man, the energy these asshole(s) used to mess wit your car, they could've used it for some more productive.

JTS I can't believe that ONE night some put eggs in your wife's accord. I've never heard of that. I've heard of puttin sugar in the tank. Reading what happened to your wife's car pissed me off too. Man 3G TLs are really catching hell with vandals.

Oh and OP your rates shouldn't go up. I hear USAA is very good. And I dont blame you for parking your car in the garage all the time. Still makes me sad a little. Just keep your head up and your car will be taken care of.
I have been in for 8 years and this is the type of shit i have to deal with. The problem is that most military housing areas are not gated so anyone could just come right on in an screw with peoples things.

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
Sorry to hear about your TL getting keyed. You'd think it would be safe on base, but that's just not the case. Bored teens will be bored and they will do stupid stuff to entertain themselves. Did you report it to the base police? I hope they are caught.
Originally Posted by dragonsking91
I don't think your rate would go up unless it cost a lot of money to fix. Hope everything works out for you
This might be a pretty penny to fix. Last i checked to get the car repainted cost around 5-6k.

Also i will be gettting pics this afternoon, after i wash it down so the body shop can get a good look at it.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 09-14-2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Merged posts.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by jokerman826
What base are you at. I am here in Great Lakes Illinois. The housing area isnt gated off or very well protected by the police. About a month ago about 30 cars got broken into in one night throughout my housing area.

You will be surprise to see the type of people we get in the military. But its not just them, its their kids who have no respect for anything. My garage got broken into and they stole my radio and tools. Afterwards i found out that just around the corner, there is a few military families whos teenage kids we caught with stolen good from peoples houses and cars.
I'm in Altus, OK. Our base housing at the back end of the installation. It's pretty well gated, but that doesn't stop internal threats.

9 times out of 10, the vandalism on military bases are not from active duty members - it's from their children. I caught a teen girl reaching down to take my phone right off my front porch while I was standing inside my screen door talking to my husband. What was even more disappointing is that she had little sister with her. Terrible influence. I waited for her to bend down to pick it up and threw the door open and said "Hey there - how are ya?" She about shit herself. I politely suggested she take her younger sister home and not to let me catch her trying that stunt again because the next time I would follow her home and let her parents know whats up.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 01:50 PM
TL=True Love

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
damn military brats!
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
awaiting pics

Sorry to hear man!

You garage your TL everytime you're home and the only time your car is not in your garage (at home), it gets damaged - I wouldn't be able to live with that fact.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts
Great lakes housing sucks bad!!!! Great lakes training center area sucks bad! Anything on the other side of the train tracks and your in a whole different environment... But it was worth going over there for momma chicken ( i think that was the name back then)
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Jokerman

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
Old 09-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
yikes man.

Have you ever dealt with insurance before?
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 04:41 PM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
Sorry to hear, the damages look bad =/. Does your 04 have high mileage? If so they might total it. Keep us updated!
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
This kind of stuff makes me so mad. Sorry OP. I don't think it will raise your insurance premium. My last vehicle was stolen and recovered and my insurance paid about 8 grand in repairs but my premium didnt change.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 06:19 PM

Received 9,493 Likes on 6,165 Posts
DAMN they got you on just about every exterior panel possible. I'm so sorry to see
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Jokerman

Well just got back from the body shop for an initial estimate. They estimate $11,500. But that amount would come down a little because i would say screw the pinstriping and use aftermarket windshield. They got a few windows that i did not notice. I have 71,400 miles on the car and everything is in great condition, other than the scratches, obviously. I blue booked it and the value is around $14,000-$15,000. The issue is that the insurance companies go with balckbook, i dont know how to get a blackbook value for the car. Now i have to wait for the insurance adjuster to come out and tell me what they are going to do.

oh just found out that this was done in less than an hour period. My neighbor said they were out until about 7:15. In my opinion, i was defiantely targeted.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 09-14-2011 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Merged posts.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I would freak out if this happened to me. I would start walking around the neighborhood at night and watching for them. You catch them, you wound them. Or just follow them back to their house and call the police. These clowns obviously are gonna do it again to someone else. I am very lucky to have all my cars in the garage.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 07:32 PM
Jokerman

I have tried that before after my garage got broken into. But nothing came from it.

I swear i just want to start bawling. This is freaking ridiculous. I had my car for two years before i got to Illinois, and after i get here, my car gets hit, i get into an accident and now this crap. My wifes car gets keyed along the passenger side, her throttle gets stuck while driving, gas was stole, she is rear ended, and someone backs into her. I cant wait to get away from this area. Nothing but bad luck.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:36 PM
UA6 NPB!!!!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
for sure, i actually had caught someone trying to steal my rims around that area, had to drive a fraternity brother up to that area.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 07:44 PM

Received 5,884 Likes on 2,899 Posts
I am so sorry to see this. Really, I'd set aside the fears of a rate increase on your insurance and just submit the claim; it's why you pay for insurance anyway. Furthermore, if it helps any, I've never had a comprehensive claim result in a rate increase. It's when the accidents are your fault that you generally get smacked. Best of luck on this.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
I'd stay with acura windsheild. They are twice as thick to keep the cabin quiet. If you dont care about wistling and other wind noises then feel free. i'm sorry these thugs did this to you.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 08:19 PM

Received 5,884 Likes on 2,899 Posts
Originally Posted by ParaSurfer1979
I'd stay with acura windsheild. They are twice as thick to keep the cabin quiet. If you dont care about wistling and other wind noises then feel free. i'm sorry these thugs did this to you.
^^^This. I had two windshields on my TL replaced and both times I paid the extra to get the Acura glass. It's insulated and an aftermarket one may change your interior acoustics.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Jokerman

I think the body shop i went to, is trying to rip me (and my insurance company) off. I was looking at their prices and they want to charge me $308 for a new front bumper face. I can get it from delray for $227. A windshield glass for about $750 when i can get it for about $550. This is just two things. This body shop is part of an Acura dealer and it just doesnt make sense why the prices they put on there would be retail, when i know damn well that they wont pay that much for them. Also i have 07-08 mirrors on my car that i moddified to have white lights. Well that was the only price that was close, because the put the price of the 04-06 mirrors on it. Should i confront them, or just try another place? I know the insurance adjuster wont be putting full price for the replacement parts. I believe that the cost would come down probably close to $1K and in the end maybe 1000-1500 if they used the prices that they actually get teh parts for and not do some things, like the pin stiping and removing the fogs from the front, i dont need the pin striping and i will remove the fogs before i take the car in. But a good thing is tghat i could get a 07-08 front end because it costs the same as the 04-06.

Last edited by jokerman826; 09-14-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
Probably just little punks...
I'd pay the deductible and paint it Glacier White Mica from the Toyota lineup...I love that color. I keep my deductible super low for this same reason.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Jokerman

the windshield is OEM from honda, the price i got is from Delray acura

my deductible is only $250, but i wish this would have never happened, 250 is money i could be using for other things like new bushings and endlinks on the car.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 09-14-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Merged posts.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts
Wow... Couldn't even see all the pics... thats crazy...
get the 07-08 mirrors. don't settle for anything..
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
My thread is somewhere around here, I took pics of everything is posted it up. Anyway they keyed every panel but the roof and both bumpers. They also slashed a tire to add insult to injury. My insurance company estimated 4960 I believe for just the panels that were damaged. Since it was vandalism my rates didn’t go up or hopefully they won’t. I ended up getting the entire car sanded down and repainted here at a well known body shop.

Holy shit!!! I just saw your pictures. Thats wayyyyy worse then mine was, they didn’t miss a spot. I know exactly what your going through. Just don’t let it get it to you, this is why we have insurance.

Last edited by lilsid112; 09-14-2011 at 09:57 PM.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Joker, since you live in military housing, is there anyone you can report this to (that takes care of the military housing)?

Also, in the lower right hand corner of each posting is a button for multi-posting replies (the middle icon). This allows you to respond to multiple people in one posting.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 09-14-2011 at 11:14 PM.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 11:44 PM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
I have tried that before after my garage got broken into. But nothing came from it.

I swear i just want to start bawling. This is freaking ridiculous. I had my car for two years before i got to Illinois, and after i get here, my car gets hit, i get into an accident and now this crap. My wifes car gets keyed along the passenger side, her throttle gets stuck while driving, gas was stole, she is rear ended, and someone backs into her. I cant wait to get away from this area. Nothing but bad luck.
Man your family has been through it. IDK how you hold your composure. I've never had a car keyed before, but my area is so small it's almost guaranteed that if you dont know someone, you'll have a friend or an acquaintance that does. I'd try to file something with the MP's. Hopefully you don't have to stay there that much longer. Shits gettin really ridiculous imo, especially after reading this ^^^ plus after looking at the pictures. I honest feel like this was at least 2 or more people. There's no way i'd take the time to key EVERY part of a car. Looks like i even seen scratches on the taillights. WTF?!

I think the body shop i went to, is trying to rip me (and my insurance company) off. I was looking at their prices and they want to charge me $308 for a new front bumper face. I can get it from delray for $227. A windshield glass for about $750 when i can get it for about $550. This is just two things. This body shop is part of an Acura dealer and it just doesnt make sense why the prices they put on there would be retail, when i know damn well that they wont pay that much for them. Also i have 07-08 mirrors on my car that i moddified to have white lights. Well that was the only price that was close, because the put the price of the 04-06 mirrors on it. Should i confront them, or just try another place? I know the insurance adjuster wont be putting full price for the replacement parts. I believe that the cost would come down probably close to $1K and in the end maybe 1000-1500 if they used the prices that they actually get teh parts for and not do some things, like the pin stiping and removing the fogs from the front, i dont need the pin striping and i will remove the fogs before i take the car in. But a good thing is tghat i could get a 07-08 front end because it costs the same as the 04-06.
Definitely watch the body shop, and work with the adjuster as much as possible and dont settle. If you can find the right parts (oem) for cheaper go that route and save some money. 07-08 mirrors ftw! And ditto on an OEM windshield. And $11,500 in damage.

Originally Posted by lilsid112
My thread is somewhere around here, I took pics of everything is posted it up. Anyway they keyed every panel but the roof and both bumpers. They also slashed a tire to add insult to injury. My insurance company estimated 4960 I believe for just the panels that were damaged. Since it was vandalism my rates didn’t go up or hopefully they won’t. I ended up getting the entire car sanded down and repainted here at a well known body shop.

Holy shit!!! I just saw your pictures. Thats wayyyyy worse then mine was, they didn’t miss a spot. I know exactly what your going through. Just don’t let it get it to you, this is why we have insurance.
Glad to see your car was fixed awhile back and also glad you moved out that area. I dont kno much about it, but cars tend to get dealt with there. I have a sister who lives in Orlando, and I dont care to much for the areas she takes me through or even where she lives. BTW you an OP have nice cars.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)
Old 09-14-2011, 11:51 PM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
Sorry to hear O.P., i hope everything gets worked out in your favor soon.
jokerman826 (10-22-2011)

Quick Reply: Sick to my stomach-UPDATE 10/3 (Car in the shop)