My order will be placed next week!
Old 06-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
very excited to see these adjustments you make
Old 06-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Once again, great work Rondy!!! Your "passionate pursuit for perfection" is what's going to bring in the dough!!!!

I've been turning soo many heads it's unbelievable Anywhere I drive, people turn their heads and just stare at the TL...it feels sooo good to drive the TL
Old 06-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Jinen
Once again, great work Rondy!!! Your "passionate pursuit for perfection" is what's going to bring in the dough!!!!

I've been turning soo many heads it's unbelievable Anywhere I drive, people turn their heads and just stare at the TL...it feels sooo good to drive the TL

enjoy it while you can, because soon 25 more people will have a TL like yours, LOL
Old 06-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
ok, i'm back after a shitload of brain storming and problem solving, we have so far done 5 different vvariations, and they all have a problem, the panels don't match up in certain areas. Its not easy at all, but we came up with a solution before I left. To have an adjustable wingnut on the inside to replace the OEM mounting clips, this way you can tune the panel alignment. Pretty intensive stuff, but it allows all cars that vary slightly to be able to get a flush fitment. I'm not going to just settle and put it out the way it is, and this company I am working with agrees, the kit has to be as good as possible and we have atempted everything to get tthat way. But once we get this, we will have an easier time doing other kits with this kind of technology. we're talking about having this done by monday or tuesday.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Silky Smooth

that's the black TL that was in some articles isnt it, the one who dynoed like 245 or so on the wheels correct?
Old 06-10-2005, 08:41 PM
I love cars!

Originally Posted by rondog
ok, i'm back after a shitload of brain storming and problem solving, we have so far done 5 different vvariations, and they all have a problem, the panels don't match up in certain areas. Its not easy at all, but we came up with a solution before I left. To have an adjustable wingnut on the inside to replace the OEM mounting clips, this way you can tune the panel alignment. Pretty intensive stuff, but it allows all cars that vary slightly to be able to get a flush fitment. I'm not going to just settle and put it out the way it is, and this company I am working with agrees, the kit has to be as good as possible and we have atempted everything to get tthat way. But once we get this, we will have an easier time doing other kits with this kind of technology. we're talking about having this done by monday or tuesday.
Wow, what an answer! Vendors that go to that length to get good quality are rare, and you appear to be one of those good ones! Thanks for the effort.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You da man, RonDog. I wish every manufacturer went to such lengths to ensure quality products.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by cTLgo
enjoy it while you can, because soon 25 more people will have a TL like yours, LOL

Well hopefully, I could be one of the few in NJ lol haha...

Rondy, I think that's a great idea...I was taking a look at the kit again and I was actually going to mention something like that to you cause it's nearly impossible for the current clips to get hooked onto the clips on the car...these "minor" things make such a huge difference in the fitment of the car...great job
Old 06-11-2005, 03:20 AM
the ish of the crash

Originally Posted by fast-tl
Welllllll, I'm not so sure about that explanation. Here's a picture of the stock hood, so I don't see why an aftermarket piece wouldn't have the same (or better) fit. Check the picture I've attached. The gap that runs across the top of the grille is just as narrow as the gap that runs between the hood and the side fender.
This isn't a huge issue, but please don't repost my pictures without at least mentioning it to me first.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:21 AM
the ish of the crash

Originally Posted by chill_dog
I was talking about fast-tl's car...the ABP one at the top of the page that looks like it went through a swarm of locusts (that or he went muddin'...).

Every time I see that kit, I want one...maybe in a few years...those Devotions used up a good bit of my discretionary funds for forseeable future, and I've got some other things to take care of in the next year or two. Still, it's might fine! Also, it's nice to see that there are still people out there who take pride in what they do and care about what they produce and aren't just trying to make a buck...hats off to you for that!
That's my car, actually, after a rather long roadtrip from Los Angeles to Las Vegas to San Francisco and back to Los Angeles. There would be more bugs on the windshield but my girlfriend took the liberty of squeegee'ing it for me whilst I was on a bathroom break.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:26 AM
the ish of the crash

Ron, your PM box is full. I was just wondering if any kits in the first group buy are unclaimed or if you're accepting orders for a second batch yet... Lemme know, I'd love to get one now that I've seen the beauty of the real thing
Old 06-11-2005, 07:04 AM
Licking Platters Clean

Originally Posted by TLover
You da man, RonDog. I wish every manufacturer went to such lengths to ensure quality products.
Not to mention that he's honest when shit goes wrong...most would just gloss over it with some church-lady bullshit about how everything is perfect and will ready shortly. Thanks for keepin it real Ron, it will only increase your sales and level of respect.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:51 AM
Instructor

Ron, glad to see your desire for perfection. Now that you have eliminated the problem can you give us an idea when the painted kits will ship?
Old 06-11-2005, 10:57 AM
I love cars!

Originally Posted by crashish
This isn't a huge issue, but please don't repost my pictures without at least mentioning it to me first.
I haven't been back in this thread till today, but a few things:

1. I never claimed it was my car, nor did I reply to the person who said it was mine.

2. I posted it as a generic example of factory fender gaps. Any TL pic would've done the trick. This was the first I came to.

3. If we all went around gathering permission before linking or posting pics, hardly anything would get posted. I'm sure you'd agree on that.

I was only interested in *A* picture of a TL; I didn't mention you by name or description. The car is stock in that photo; what's the difference whether it belongs to you or was still on a delaer's lot. I didn't says "look at my thumpin system or my cool custom wheels, so I was not stealing anyone's thunder. I'm glad it's not a big issue, 'cause it's not a big issue.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:12 PM
the ish of the crash

Originally Posted by fast-tl
I haven't been back in this thread till today, but a few things:

1. I never claimed it was my car, nor did I reply to the person who said it was mine.

2. I posted it as a generic example of factory fender gaps. Any TL pic would've done the trick. This was the first I came to.

3. If we all went around gathering permission before linking or posting pics, hardly anything would get posted. I'm sure you'd agree on that.

I was only interested in *A* picture of a TL; I didn't mention you by name or description. The car is stock in that photo; what's the difference whether it belongs to you or was still on a delaer's lot. I didn't says "look at my thumpin system or my cool custom wheels, so I was not stealing anyone's thunder. I'm glad it's not a big issue, 'cause it's not a big issue.

Is it your picture? Are you hosting the picture? Are you paying for the hosting? If I post the picture myself, I know about it, I know that it's getting hits from a specific location. If someone else posts it somewhere else that I didn't do myself, there's extra hits going to it. Now, I realize that this isn't going to fark.com and getting a few million hits, but it's the principle. Everything else aside, it was a simple, polite request. I don't see why you took such an issue with it.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:35 PM
Pro

Wow...this is getting pretty crazy...

Mods, could you please delete the picture that the two members are arguing about and just put another TL's picture that just shows the gap by the front bumper and the hood?

Please Let's not ruin Rondy's thread about the kit...There are a lot of people who are interested in the new body kit rather than an argument among two members of the forum...

Thanks
Old 06-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts

Mods, could you please delete the picture that the two members are arguing about and just put another TL's picture that just shows the gap by the front bumper and the hood?

Please Let's not ruin Rondy's thread about the kit...There are a lot of people who are interested in the new body kit rather than an argument among two members of the forum...

Thanks
I took out all of the posts that I thought applied to this picture controversy. If I missed any, let me know.

I think the people concerned got the message.

I will let one of you guys post another picture, if you want to. I wouldn't want to get in trouble posting someone else's picture, and I don't have one of my own to post.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:28 PM
the ish of the crash

Thanks
Good call. It was a simple courtesy thing, but regardless, way off topic.

Back on topic: I can't wait to see the absolute final version of this gorgeous kit. Jinen I think you deserve an award for your patience & sacrifice.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:19 AM
Pro

Rondy, any update on this project? How is everything going so far? Hope all is fine
Old 06-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Instructor

Ron I’m Freaking out!! Update Please
Old 06-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Former Sponsor

guys, sorry for the late reply. we ended up replacing all the OEM clips with our own screw and nut mounts, which offer infinite adjustability, since every car is slightly different. Also, smoothed out the other design issues, and the kit looks 10x better now in person. These things are taking a bit more time, liek when we put the metal nuts embeded into the urethane, they worked fine, but afterwords, we needed to add support ribs to strengthen the area around the mount to prevent any distortion in the otherwise flat panel. SO we went from using OEM clips to making our own. Acura really made it difficult to pull it off with their design, everything is designed thin and weak, so the more you test fit, the more the mounting points change. we have gone through over 12 kits each slightly different than the next, but once we get these ribs in, we should be done, less than one more week, and i am praying this is it. once again, i am sorry for the delay, but i am sure if you look at jinens kit and this new revised one, you will thank me later.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:14 PM
Intermediate

dam.. that shit is hot... understated, integrated with the lines of the car... but with a little bit of flair. i dont like the left and right side slits on the front bumper though, those feel little too west coast for me.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:54 AM
Pro

guys, sorry for the late reply. we ended up replacing all the OEM clips with our own screw and nut mounts, which offer infinite adjustability, since every car is slightly different. Also, smoothed out the other design issues, and the kit looks 10x better now in person. These things are taking a bit more time, liek when we put the metal nuts embeded into the urethane, they worked fine, but afterwords, we needed to add support ribs to strengthen the area around the mount to prevent any distortion in the otherwise flat panel. SO we went from using OEM clips to making our own. Acura really made it difficult to pull it off with their design, everything is designed thin and weak, so the more you test fit, the more the mounting points change. we have gone through over 12 kits each slightly different than the next, but once we get these ribs in, we should be done, less than one more week, and i am praying this is it. once again, i am sorry for the delay, but i am sure if you look at jinens kit and this new revised one, you will thank me later.

Rondy, that's great to hear!! Seriously, it's very good to see that "perfectionists" still exist in today's society. We had talked about this before too and it's just very good, from a customer's standpoint, to have someone put in 100%...It was a very good decision for you to go to Cali to ensure that this kit was done perfectly...

By the way, I had the rims installed on there and it looks great...for some odd (good) reason, I don't see the gap between the rim and the fender that many people have seen before...if you look at my car, you will probably ask me "so how many inches did you drop the car?" where in reality, the car hasn't been dropped at all!!! I'll take pics soon and post it on here once I wash the car
Old 06-17-2005, 10:22 PM
Senior Moderator

At this point I think Ron has put in 150% into this
Old 06-18-2005, 12:42 AM
Silky Smooth

very impressed with rondogs commitment to quality, however i dont think he will be making any more kits after this, seems like alot of work for not alot of profit..
Old 06-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Lokius
very impressed with rondogs commitment to quality, however i dont think he will be making any more kits after this, seems like alot of work for not alot of profit..

Well you have to understand that this is his first time making a kit...so it's a learning experience for him...i am sure that he has learned a lot from the whole process...and next time around, if he does decide to create something, at least he will have an understanding of the process...and in terms of profit...i guess the kits sell themselves...if he is focused on having a close to perfect kit then people will see that and purchase from him...

i've already had people asking me questions regarding the kit and the wheels...and i just direct them to rondy's website lol...people ask me at the gas station or at the car wash...so it's good that rondy has had the opportunity to have such an experience because going forward, it will only make him more smarter
Old 06-18-2005, 10:18 AM
black on black on bla....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are any of you ronjon body kit buyers are converting from the aspec bodykit? let me know i want to buy it off you preferably NBP--would buy ronjon kit but have leased TL
Old 06-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Lokius

say what dude? After all this work, I better follow through, or it'll be wasted effort. i went all out so that i could Continue to build them at ease.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Silky Smooth

well you stated a bunch of times how you make much more money on the wheels, and how you arent doing this for the profit, i meant future designs, as in stuff for old tl's and tsx's.. i know you have the kit designed and ready to go, it doesnt make sense to drop the 3rd gen tl kit at all..
Old 06-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Racer

Rondy, that's great to hear!! Seriously, it's very good to see that "perfectionists" still exist in today's society. We had talked about this before too and it's just very good, from a customer's standpoint, to have someone put in 100%...It was a very good decision for you to go to Cali to ensure that this kit was done perfectly...

By the way, I had the rims installed on there and it looks great...for some odd (good) reason, I don't see the gap between the rim and the fender that many people have seen before...if you look at my car, you will probably ask me "so how many inches did you drop the car?" where in reality, the car hasn't been dropped at all!!! I'll take pics soon and post it on here once I wash the car
Have you washed it yet? I wanna see pics.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:23 AM
Instructor

Hey Ron how are things looking this week any rough idea when you might be ready to ship? Summers here its time.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Man, I am beat, this kit took alot of energy to get it right, but it is as good as can be, gaps and alignment are OEm quality, and the adjustable panel depth screws are a dream. SO here is the revised kit, sorry no rear pics yet, but we finished and we built a scheduale to get everything out of here before july. sorry for the delay, but if anybody saw jinens kit in person and this kit, it is miles ahead of the prototype.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Wow, pretty much no gaps, heck it looks like better fitment than my OEM bumper, good job
Old 06-22-2005, 11:57 PM
Does anyone read this

Damn I wish that was my car?
Old 06-23-2005, 12:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Donte99TL
Damn I wish that was my car?
It is, thats just some dust. Your kit will be ready by the 27th, just call in to make sure before picking up. and it is being painted right now. they will also be installing it too. So thats it, finally, all the kits are going out and the painted ones are being done, 2 a day satrting on the 5th of july when everybody returns from vacation.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Rondy,

So the painted ones will be shipped starting july 5th and after! Cant wait. Looking good man.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Awsome.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:26 AM
Advanced

While I'm not really feeling the grille on page four... I'm liking the kit, especially with the car dropped on nice wheels... I REALLY like the RJ wheels in general....

I used to write and shoot for Super Street and I live in LA... If I had known you needed pics of the earlier car I would have been happy to pop pver to the shop and shoot for you... or find a location to do a shoot... unfortunatley my time is limited now (owning your own business can do that to you)... good luck with everything and I hope you are still going to make the original grille (the one that's just mesh with maybe the "A" logo in the middle) I think it will look better on cars that don't have the full kit on them (us lease-bound guys )

Quick Reply: RJ Design 3rd Gen TL Kit on car, *OFFICIAL Pics on page 7*