3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RJ Design 3rd Gen TL Kit on car, *OFFICIAL Pics on page 7*

Old 06-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
So I've been getting quite a few PMs asking regarding the "drop" on my car...

I don't have a drop on my car...My car doesn't look like the car in the pictures...Rondy has photo-chopped the pictures with different rims and I am assuming that he probably adjusted the rim height and the gap to make it look even...

I still have the stock 17"s on my car....I'm going to get the new wheels installed most likely on Thursday...I am going to be installing the 18" Silver Inspyres...I do not plan on dropping my car either because I am afraid that it will get too low...Once I get my wheels on, I'll take pics of how my car really looks and then post them on this site (and probably go to the Meet this Sunday so people could see the kit in person)...
Old 06-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
I thought he had aspec
No, I never had the full a-spec...I just had the a-spec body kit (front, rear and sides)...
Old 06-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
what did they do with it anyway?
Old 06-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Pro

They kept it and made the mold from it...the mold would then help create all the other 25 kits...
Old 06-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Team Nighthawk Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jinen
So I've been getting quite a few PMs asking regarding the "drop" on my car...

I don't have a drop on my car...My car doesn't look like the car in the pictures...Rondy has photo-chopped the pictures with different rims and I am assuming that he probably adjusted the rim height and the gap to make it look even...

I still have the stock 17"s on my car....I'm going to get the new wheels installed most likely on Thursday...I am going to be installing the 18" Silver Inspyres...I do not plan on dropping my car either because I am afraid that it will get too low...Once I get my wheels on, I'll take pics of how my car really looks and then post them on this site (and probably go to the Meet this Sunday so people could see the kit in person)...

probably???? you must come hehe i want to see it....
Old 06-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Intermediate

More pictures in NBP

Is there any pictures of the new bodykit in NBP and Im just wondering is there a drop on the car.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by DayLight324
Is there any pictures of the new bodykit in NBP and Im just wondering is there a drop on the car.

There are no pictures of the kit in black...I'm the only one who has this so far since I have donated my car...The company hasn't even shipped the other kits yet...Rondy is in California right now making some minor changes to ensure that all of you who have purchased the kits receive a kit that is literally PERFECT (in terms of looks and fitment)...

and...NO, there is not a drop on the car lol...
Old 06-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Wants an M3 in

no way those pics are pshopped!!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 03:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
no way those pics are pshopped!!!!

They're chopped, deal with it. Jinen doesn't have 19s, or 18s, he has OEM 17s, do you see OEM 17s on the car? He says he doesn't have a drop, do you see 4x4 action on the car?

The car is not lowered, as per Jinen
Old 06-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Intermediate

Daddy like ..
Old 06-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Well, the pic is PSed, dropped and wheels are really 18", but enlarged realistically.

Now, I am in CA rihgt now, and I visited the Kit on another car, the fit and finish is incredible, looks like jinen got the first draft and since it had to be rushed out, it was just slapped on. Now, I am working with the company for 3 days, getting right down into the mold with sandpaper and filler to get it PERFECT. Just want to tell you guys that the some of the existing kits were scrapped to start all over on new kits with the modifications, not settling for anything except the best fitment and quality. Jinen, you will receive a second Kit on my behalf when all is said and done, OK? I'll have the pics of the kit on the Black aTL tomorrow. BTW, CA is so beautiful, I don't mind coming out here once a month to deal with clients.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Riu
2004 TL

I want a new grill that is easy to put on.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Instructor

Looks freakin' amazing...
Old 06-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by rondog
Well, the pic is PSed, dropped and wheels are really 18", but enlarged realistically.

Now, I am in CA rihgt now, and I visited the Kit on another car, the fit and finish is incredible, looks like jinen got the first draft and since it had to be rushed out, it was just slapped on. Now, I am working with the company for 3 days, getting right down into the mold with sandpaper and filler to get it PERFECT. Just want to tell you guys that the some of the existing kits were scrapped to start all over on new kits with the modifications, not settling for anything except the best fitment and quality. Jinen, you will receive a second Kit on my behalf when all is said and done, OK? I'll have the pics of the kit on the Black aTL tomorrow. BTW, CA is so beautiful, I don't mind coming out here once a month to deal with clients.

You are sooooooooooooo the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just made my day
Old 06-07-2005, 10:31 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hey, question, what are you goin gto do with the kits that were scrapped? wanna hook me up with something you'll prolly toss anyway?
Old 06-08-2005, 12:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Honestly, I don't know what will bge done with it, but it will take alot of small custom adjustments, def not worth it.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:08 AM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
just a small thought

but after looking at jinen's car from the side view and pairing it head-to-head with the beautiful draft photoshopped pictures of the TL with big brake kit on the RJ website, the front bumper would definitely look more aggressive by slanting the angle of the edge of the front vent to match the sloping edge angle of the TL's headlight.

If you look at jinen's car, you'll see that the edge of the main vent stands more vertical versus the sleeker sloping edge line of the headlight. Put the pics side by side and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Maybe a pain in the ass but something to consider on the next batch run since you're doing some fine tuning to the kit anyway. Either way, very nice.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:55 AM
Wants an M3 in

Originally Posted by cTLgo
They're chopped, deal with it. Jinen doesn't have 19s, or 18s, he has OEM 17s, do you see OEM 17s on the car? He says he doesn't have a drop, do you see 4x4 action on the car?

The car is not lowered, as per Jinen

calm down buddy ... I meant that the chop looks AMAZING. Usually you can tell!
Old 06-08-2005, 08:37 AM
Senior Moderator

calm down buddy ... I meant that the chop looks AMAZING. Usually you can tell!

It was a message to you and other users, that the car is not lowered, so that Jinen doesn't get bombarded with PMs. Everything is calm.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Cruisin'

Ron do we have a NEW timeframe for the second batch? I'm trying to line up my local shop to get it done quickly. Any heads up would be helpful. FYI - I'm having you prep & prime it as well. BTW thanks for taking the time and $$$$$ to get it done right, great job.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Cruisin'

Talking

FYI #2 - New pics always help the waiting
Old 06-08-2005, 08:13 PM
I love cars!

Not a bad kit at all.

Is there a way to close up the gap between front edge of the hood and the bumper (at atop of the grille?) Looks like quite a gap.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fast-tl
Is there a way to close up the gap between front edge of the hood and the bumper (at atop of the grille?) Looks like quite a gap.

Is the gap caused by the problems with the mounting points on the prototype?
Old 06-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Racer

is the front bumper lower than the a-spec by 1 inch?
i was thinking just to get the front bumper alone....others think it may work??
Old 06-09-2005, 12:17 AM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
the gap does look rather large, much larger than OEM, probably fitment issues.... any idea when we will see updated pictures of a correctly installed body kit?
Old 06-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Pro

Rondy has said that the front bumper is about 1.5 inches lower than A-Spec...

The reason why there is a gap in the front (by the grille) is because the grille itself has a little gap so they've made the bumper to be even with the level of the grille rather than touching the hood...I think Rondy also mentioned that when you close the hood, if the hood happens to close hard then that could mess up the bumper if it was a little higher

Those people really did a horrible job with the installation...

And unfortunately, for those who have asked me to come to this Sunday's meeting, I will not be able to join you all...Something came up and I will not be able to make it...sorry...maybe next weekend or the following one?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Senior Moderator

I checked the hood gap this morning on my car, it looks no different than the gap you see in the picture.
Old 06-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
well there you go then
Old 06-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Former Sponsor

I checked the hood gap this morning on my car, it looks no different than the gap you see in the picture.
Thanks, and BTW, the first car was a small gap, the second car we test fitted had all different gap sizes and everything was shifted. So we tried our best based on the car we had, but I have realized that it is IMPOSSIBLE to make a kit that has small even gaps all around when every car is slightly different, what fits one car perfectly, might be too small on another car. But either way, tomorrow is the test fitting, and it already looks 10x better, no more incosistent gaps. and the mounting clips locations were all tightened up by 1/16th of an inch for a tighter fit. You can even take it further by using simple brackets to improve the fit, better than stock. Also, Jinens kit was the first of 3 different prototypes, you will notice that certain design cues, like the rear bumper and front lip have been smoothed out and cleaned up. Just wait till I get some nice pics, and they will be of the black car we are using, with a lowered suspension and real 19" silver Inspyres. this is the same car that has been featured in a recent issue of honda tuning, and it will have a featured article done on it showcasing the RonJon Design Aero-Kit and Inspyres. Trying to get it into Acura's SEMA booth too. I am sooooo happy I took the initiative and flew out to Cali on a moments notice, really makes the difference between a mediocre kit and a high quality one.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:23 PM
I love cars!

Originally Posted by Jinen
Rondy has said that the front bumper is about 1.5 inches lower than A-Spec...

The reason why there is a gap in the front (by the grille) is because the grille itself has a little gap so they've made the bumper to be even with the level of the grille rather than touching the hood...I think Rondy also mentioned that when you close the hood, if the hood happens to close hard then that could mess up the bumper if it was a little higher

Those people really did a horrible job with the installation...

And unfortunately, for those who have asked me to come to this Sunday's meeting, I will not be able to join you all...Something came up and I will not be able to make it...sorry...maybe next weekend or the following one?
Welllllll, I'm not so sure about that explanation. Here's a picture of the stock hood, so I don't see why an aftermarket piece wouldn't have the same (or better) fit. Check the picture I've attached. The gap that runs across the top of the grille is just as narrow as the gap that runs between the hood and the side fender.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:29 PM
I love cars!

Thanks, and BTW, the first car was a small gap, the second car we test fitted had all different gap sizes and everything was shifted. So we tried our best based on the car we had, but I have realized that it is IMPOSSIBLE to make a kit that has small even gaps all around when every car is slightly different, what fits one car perfectly, might be too small on another car. But either way, tomorrow is the test fitting, and it already looks 10x better, no more incosistent gaps. and the mounting clips locations were all tightened up by 1/16th of an inch for a tighter fit. You can even take it further by using simple brackets to improve the fit, better than stock. Also, Jinens kit was the first of 3 different prototypes, you will notice that certain design cues, like the rear bumper and front lip have been smoothed out and cleaned up. Just wait till I get some nice pics, and they will be of the black car we are using, with a lowered suspension and real 19" silver Inspyres. this is the same car that has been featured in a recent issue of honda tuning, and it will have a featured article done on it showcasing the RonJon Design Aero-Kit and Inspyres. Trying to get it into Acura's SEMA booth too. I am sooooo happy I took the initiative and flew out to Cali on a moments notice, really makes the difference between a mediocre kit and a high quality one.
Well, it's good to hear that improvements have been made. Can't wait to see updated pics of the more consistent gaps!
Old 06-10-2005, 03:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Welllllll, I'm not so sure about that explanation. Here's a picture of the stock hood, so I don't see why an aftermarket piece wouldn't have the same (or better) fit. Check the picture I've attached. The gap that runs across the top of the grille is just as narrow as the gap that runs between the hood and the side fender.
You have to spend time with the team like I did hands on, one kit will fit absolutely perfect, but put that same kit on another car and it is either too big or small. every car is different, even from the factory, and small adjustments are made to make everything fit fine. Polyurethane is very dificult to work with due to expanding properties, but it is beneficial since it is vertually indestructable, unlike the OEM bumper. So give and take. also, there are hood knobs that the hood rests on that are adjustable. I can honestly say i am pleased with the effort put forth after seeing it for a week straight, how much work is involved. the budget to get everything to be as good as it is has already be depleted, yet we kept going to make sure that anymore improvment would actually mess things up, get it?

here are some images of the 2nd version, while the third version will have a slightly noticeable design adjustment, with smoothed out lines and clean sweeping curves rather than crooked ones. the grille here is just a prototype, and we are working on offering it once we resolve the kit issue.

Old 06-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Wants an M3 in

oh man ... i'll take one of those and some wheels plz
Old 06-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Shift_faster

That is one DIRTY car.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Looks great Ron. Think the grille may look better if the lower inserts had silver as well. Although, when you see this grille, your original prototype looks better . So how much of a delay has resulted since the kits had to be modified?
Old 06-10-2005, 09:01 AM
10th Gear

Damn this shop looks familiar to me. Ron they wouldn't happen to also do Hose Techniques there as well? It's looks just like the shop I was at when I was prototyping the hose kit for my 94 Mazda MX-6.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts

Got a few bugs where you live, huh?

Rondy - I've said it before, and I'll say it again...that kit is awesome!
Old 06-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Looks great Ron. Think the grille may look better if the lower inserts had silver as well. Although, when you see this grille, your original prototype looks better . So how much of a delay has resulted since the kits had to be modified?
Should be done today, and production will be completed by Mon/Tues. We are putting a rush on the painted kit orders so they will still meet the 2-3 week deadline. I'll see the final final in a few hours and know what the status is.

Originally Posted by Greg S
Damn this shop looks familiar to me. Ron they wouldn't happen to also do Hose Techniques there as well? It's looks just like the shop I was at when I was prototyping the hose kit for my 94 Mazda MX-6.
Located on the cross street of Alemeda and Greenleave, they do alot of different stuff, so...
Originally Posted by chill_dog
Got a few bugs where you live, huh?

Rondy - I've said it before, and I'll say it again...that kit is awesome!
Thanks, and thats just dust from the revisions, quite a bit of dust huh.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Instructor

Hey Ron, seeing and reading all of this I think you’re the only person that has made me happy when they delay something. I’m really glad you didn’t just finish and send it out how ever it looked. Makes me really excited that I have one of these coming to me soon.

Any idea what the new shipping days might be now? I noticed on you site it still has the 6-8.

Awesome job once again!!!!!
Old 06-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Thanks, and thats just dust from the revisions, quite a bit of dust huh.
I was talking about fast-tl's car...the ABP one at the top of the page that looks like it went through a swarm of locusts (that or he went muddin'...).

Every time I see that kit, I want one...maybe in a few years...those Devotions used up a good bit of my discretionary funds for forseeable future, and I've got some other things to take care of in the next year or two. Still, it's might fine! Also, it's nice to see that there are still people out there who take pride in what they do and care about what they produce and aren't just trying to make a buck...hats off to you for that!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RJ Design 3rd Gen TL Kit on car, *OFFICIAL Pics on page 7*