Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RJ Design 3rd Gen TL Kit on car, *OFFICIAL Pics on page 7*

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 01:41 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks great!
But, I was wondering if they make the ronjon kit without the side cutouts on the the front bumper side and sideshkirt toward the rear wheels (similar to ASPEC concept).
Old 05-21-2005, 02:59 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by NickD
looks great!
But, I was wondering if they make the ronjon kit without the side cutouts on the the front bumper side and sideshkirt toward the rear wheels (similar to ASPEC concept).
ME TOO. I would be all over it if the front bumper didnt have the side vents. The kit turned out pretty good though. At least he got rid of the saab vents.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:54 AM
Cruisin'

Kit turned out pretty close to the orinigal pics. What happen to the vent slits next to the grill, as well as the contrasting grey on the rear bumper? Now that these are done when should we expect shipment to begin for those of us that are having it prepped & primed?
Old 05-21-2005, 08:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Those small vents on top of the bumper right next to the upper grille interfered with the mounting points, so we had to remove them, besides, they didn't translate well enough, and the good thing about the brake ducts is that they don't protrude out, so a little bit of filler will cover them right up if you like. thanks for the feed back. wait till you see the car with the wheels.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Lokius
looks like the grill slits next to the main grille were removed, as well, I thought you said the rear silver line, would be painted a different color, or stand out a bit more...

I like the front Not bad
Little problem, That would require masking and reshooting the section, which would look better, but would cost slightly more. The painting is becoming a headache, trying to color match something thats not in front of you, and the small areas that need to be masked are difficult when it comes to painting in batches. This option was really offered for those who just wanted the kit done standard even though the paint quality is high. So if you are a perfectionist, and want the upper grille same as stock, and the rear part to have an anthracite strip, then your better off getting it painted locally.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by G8TRacura
Kit turned out pretty close to the orinigal pics. What happen to the vent slits next to the grill, as well as the contrasting grey on the rear bumper? Now that these are done when should we expect shipment to begin for those of us that are having it prepped & primed?
well, shipment for the Raw urethane kits are being made before the end of this month, we had to produce all the bumpers first, then all the sides, then the rear. so the only full kit will be ready once they are all done, then they will ship out. as for primed or painted, i have been trying to contact all those who placed orders to confirm. Those will be special order, and need to be done in a different dept. To prep, primer, wetsand, paint, clearcoat, mesh, and detail takes approximately 2-3 weeks depending on the paint, flat, metallic or pearl. some paints are a 3 stage page that require quite a bit of work.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:17 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Just curious. rondog, have you done any long-distance dynamic testing on roads or highways yet?
Old 05-21-2005, 11:28 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Rondog, where are the front plugs for the front license plate?

Did they paint the grille? The mesh grille would definitely look much better with that...looks good though...once the mesh grille is created, i'll put that on and then i think the contrast in the front bumper will stand out more and make the kit look even better...

Rets, I believe they have driven the car a little to see how it rides with the new kit...but mostly on local roads...I am not sure if they drove that on the highway yet...but once i get the car back, i'll drive on the highways and let you know...
Old 05-21-2005, 03:29 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
whoa, check out pic number 4, they left your keys dangling from the key hole. hope nothings scratched up there

here is a lil psd if the stock grill was takin out

while drooling at the kit, i wished that you had changed the shape of the top grill as well.

that would give it a totally different look then stock. a new grill area should have been redesigned. but then again that would be eliminating one of your future products

but yes, i am envious. however, i did promise myself that i wouldnt buy a kit again. too much of a hassle. but then again, this one doesnt look that low to the ground. nowadays, with the quality of polyurethane, its just like stock. or it can be if top notch materials are used
Old 05-21-2005, 03:33 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jinen

Did they paint the grille? The mesh grille would definitely look much better with that...looks good though...once the mesh grille is created, i'll put that on and then i think the contrast in the front bumper will stand out more and make the kit look even better...

Rets, I believe they have driven the car a little to see how it rides with the new kit...but mostly on local roads...I am not sure if they drove that on the highway yet...but once i get the car back, i'll drive on the highways and let you know...
oh ya, about your front plugs... in CA just like it is in NY, you need to have a license plate in front of the vehicle. in cali, we dont have any inspections though.the only time som1 looks at our car is when you get pulled over and the cops have nothing better to do and when you first take your drivers test at the dmv. just to make sure all your lights are blinking and what not.

body kits dont normally come with license plate plugs or anything like that. it would demolish the whole look. if you really wanted it, you would probably have to drill the holes stright into the kit. the only good news is that you may be able to use the stock bracket. i guarantee it though, it will kill the whole look.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:37 PM
321 whp SAE

looks ok.. bad paint match though
Old 05-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts

Yes, sure. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rondog
Those small vents on top of the bumper right next to the upper grille interfered with the mounting points, so we had to remove them, besides, they didn't translate well enough, and the good thing about the brake ducts is that they don't protrude out, so a little bit of filler will cover them right up if you like. thanks for the feed back. wait till you see the car with the wheels.
Ron, That kit is PROPER!!! I dont like the rockers, but the front and back looks so good, it makes my A-spec kit look home made. Great Job !!!
Old 05-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
we need more pictures
Old 05-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Just something to hold you off till the car arrives and we hook it up, right now in the other pics it's bone stock, with a kit, so it looks kinda tame. All the mods i did to this kit below were all done with a little filler, so you can even take it to the next level with some creativity. But i didn't want to force something too extreme onto everybody who wanted the kit. We'll have more images when the car arrives next week.

Old 05-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Silky Smooth

looks great with the wheels and cleared headlights, i think the filler in the grille will help it have a greater presence, not for me though
Old 05-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Pro

could someone do a photochop with the grille and just make it black but put an Acura logo on there...i know someone did something like that in the picture but take the picture that rondog has put on the site (the one that shows just the front bumper) and then black the grille out and put the "A" for Acura over there..

see i'm thinking that once I get the car, if I don't like the way the grille looks, then what if I paint it BLACK? like i would paint the entire grille black except the "A"? how would that look?
Old 05-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Pro

Just something to hold you off till the car arrives and we hook it up, right now in the other pics it's bone stock, with a kit, so it looks kinda tame. All the mods i did to this kit below were all done with a little filler, so you can even take it to the next level with some creativity. But i didn't want to force something too extreme onto everybody who wanted the kit. We'll have more images when the car arrives next week.

with this picture though, it looks like you would have to re-design the bumper again...because the grille looks like it's part of the bumper...and also the bottom part of the bumper is more sharp so you would have to redesign the bumper for that too...but i don't like the grille in this picture...what if you just black out the OEM bumper by painting it solid black and just let the A stand out...
Old 05-21-2005, 08:21 PM
Banned

How about a picture of the full rear bumper?
Old 05-21-2005, 11:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TLover
How about a picture of the full rear bumper?
Didn't even get one yet, but once the car arrives, we will shoot it ourselves.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:30 AM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good job!

we need more pics, and more colors...
Old 05-22-2005, 01:36 AM
Licking Platters Clean

personally, i LOVE the grill in that picture...better than mesh, nice job.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:17 AM
Team Nighthawk Director

Looks hot!
Old 05-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Perfect Grill!!!

Thats it !!!!
Old 05-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Former Sponsor

here's a little mosaic I put together using two different pics and some devotions with a drop.

Old 05-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Racer

Whoa, I like this front bumper much better....the sharp lines at the bottom of the corners of the bumper are more along the lines of what I meant when i said it needs to be more aggressive. I actually like the grill too...very original.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Silky Smooth

looking great ron
Old 05-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Warren803
Whoa, I like this front bumper much better....the sharp lines at the bottom of the corners of the bumper are more along the lines of what I meant when i said it needs to be more aggressive. I actually like the grill too...very original.
Good news is that those modifications aren't that hard to do to the kit if you like. But I wanted to keep the kit with a subtle style for the majority of the customers.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:37 PM
Pro

Good news is that those modifications aren't that hard to do to the kit if you like. But I wanted to keep the kit with a subtle style for the majority of the customers.

so are you saying that people would have to opportunity to customize their kits or is it going to be standardized for everyone?
Old 05-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
The mosaic picture looks great. ESPECIALLY with the devotions.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Racer

so are you saying that people would have to opportunity to customize their kits or is it going to be standardized for everyone?
I think he means that you can get a good body shop to modify it to look like that without much work. But there is no way I would buy a thousand dollar bumper just to have a body shop eff it up. Its hard enough to get a body shop to do a perfect paint job. I would prefer to have it molded and made like that to begin with, but it would be too expensive to create a model and mold for individual body kit preferences.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:48 PM
Former Sponsor

What I saying is that it doesn't take a super skilled shop to do the changes, just a bit of sanding, and in certain cases, just filling the vent with filler straight across, any shop that does simple collision can do these things. If you have a small idea in mind, It can be digitally rendered, then the shop can have a direct printout to work from.On my Tl, I plan to take it a bit further by completely cuting out the Brake duct and making it an opening. Some may even decide to add a carbonfiber splitter underneath.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:12 PM
Silky Smooth

compared to kits for other vehicles, this is a relative bargain, especially when you see that most front bumpers cost around $1300 unpainted for the G35 Coupe. But i think that for this audience, your going to sell more kits if there isn't any more outside work to get the look you are advertising.

I dont like the idea of you having a bunch of ronjon customized vehicles floating around on the website, and then when people buy the body kit, ask why their front end doesnt look like the ones on the internet. Only to find out that they have to do some searching around for a reputable body shop around them, and spend even more time contracting them to do custom work....

Gonna run into some trouble with this plan I think, especially since the grille looks horrible stock on that new body kit of yours, and everybody that is working with the style of the car enough to install your body kit, wont hesitate making the next step and playing with the grille.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Racer

Wow what a bunch of picky people. If they aren't bitching about the car they bought they are bitching about something they but no effort into making. Hands down this has got to be the most picky bunch of people in the world. If you don't like then you don't.

Ron it looks great dude. Actually turned out better then the prototype pics. Can't wait to get mine within the next 2 weeks. Hopefully.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Lokius
compared to kits for other vehicles, this is a relative bargain, especially when you see that most front bumpers cost around $1300 unpainted for the G35 Coupe. But i think that for this audience, your going to sell more kits if there isn't any more outside work to get the look you are advertising.
Thanks, but outside work is purely up to the customer if he or she chooses to do so to further seperate their car from the rest.

I dont like the idea of you having a bunch of ronjon customized vehicles floating around on the website, and then when people buy the body kit, ask why their front end doesnt look like the ones on the internet. Only to find out that they have to do some searching around for a reputable body shop around them, and spend even more time contracting them to do custom work....
It doesn't matter what is floating around this forum, and customers can modifyn the kit to fit their personal tastes. What matters is what I advertise on my site and that is accurate once we get our own photoshoot. Besides, that is what customizing is about, making the vehicle to fit your personal taste and style.

Gonna run into some trouble with this plan I think, especially since the grille looks horrible stock on that new body kit of yours, and everybody that is working with the style of the car enough to install your body kit, wont hesitate making the next step and playing with the grille.
And for your information, the grille was not a possibility, since the bumper would have to be modified permantely. We DO have a new grille in the works that simply bolts on and requires no modifications, believe me whn I say that I've anticipated everything you've mentioned and thought long and hard about which directiuon to go. Essentially doing a front bumper/grille in the same part would mean that everybody would have no choice, take it or leave it. but this way, anybody can choose to upgrade either the grille on the stock car or ronjon kitted car. they can also opt to leave the grille stock or upgrade it. there's more options with my plan. Hah! in your face!! lol
Old 05-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts

Kit looks great, Rondy!

How are my wheels coming?
Old 05-23-2005, 11:54 AM
Reppin' for tha DPG

Looks gorgeous to me!
Old 05-23-2005, 12:08 PM
Reppin' for tha DPG

I have a 'DUMB' question about the paint match for Anthracite.

As we all know the color/paint of the Aspec Factory kits don't even come close to matching the Antracite TL's whatsoever...from what I gather, it is due to the material of the kits and its "reflection" of the paint??..

I am wondering if your kit will match any better (maybe you are using a different material than the Aspec?) or is it juat a lost cause with the Anthracite Color?...

Again, I realize this may be a dumb ass question, but I just had to ask....
Old 05-23-2005, 12:39 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
just a lil side note. Although I am interested in this kit my car is a lease so its not the greatest idea. BUT if someone is getting this kit and has an anthricite TL and wants to sell me their front bumper cover and/or possibly their aspec kit please PM me!
Old 05-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

ron you did an awesome job man.. wish i had money to put on this kit... but nice job... hows the paint matching...

Quick Reply: RJ Design 3rd Gen TL Kit on car, *OFFICIAL Pics on page 7*