Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review: Raceseng Slammer Shift Knob

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 03:26 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,159 Likes on 909 Posts
Review: Raceseng Slammer Shift Knob

yes, this is a full review on a shift knob haha. yes, this is overkill. but is the product worthy of more "advertising"? IMO yes.

since i can't shake the mod bug, i'm always looking for the latest and greatest and enjoy seeing new things that pop up for our cars. back in early 2016, i saw a thread (https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...y-them-941137/) that talked about a shift knob by a company i'd never heard about. so i researched a lot more into them, talked to the company directly, and even though it was expensive, i decided i wanted to get their shift knob. i was one of the first for the TL application so i told the owner i'd also do a review...which is wayyyy overdue haha.

Summary:
- their design, manufacturing, and level of detail is a step above anything else i've seen for shift knobs and i feel they make the best shift knobs on the market (how important that is, is up to you)
- they have a clean looking shift boot adapter!
- i've talked probably 10 people into buying a shift knob from this company and they have all been super happy with it
- here's another review from a TL owner, i convinced him to get one after he was asking about mine, but Ryan beat me to the punch on getting up a review haha: [[url]https://acurazine.com/forums/third-generation-tl-2004-2008-93/raceseng-slammer-shift-knob-review-949159/

Details:
- i opted for all the bells and whistles and got pretty much everything offered for the shift knob
- slammer shift knob in clear translucent powder coating. i also liked red translucent but thought i might get tired of it at some point, so i played it safe
- this shift knob weighs 635 grams! for comparison, the "heavy" skunk2 knob i had before is 440 grams...the slammer is almost 1.5 times heavier!
- shift gate pattern
- shift boot adapter
- shift knob adapter that allows you to adjust the height of the shift knob

Benefits:
- shifts are tighter and more precise, and you only need a flick of your wrist to get into gear
- this shift knob really shines when it is paired with the CT short shifter, hybrid racing shifter bushings, the slave cylinder check valve delete, and the gm/ac delco friction modified mtf
- can purchase a shift boot adapter that makes the install look really clean
- the shift knob comes in many different colors and finishes, and there are many other shift knobs they offer

Downsides:
- one of the more expensive shift knobs out there (depending on options you choose)
- some people don't like how big the shift knob is (i think it's the perfect size)
- like any metal shift knob, the knob will get cold or hot depending on your weather (they also sell "hybrid" ones that are weighted with a delrin cover that initially got me interested)

Conclusion:
I would buy this again in a heartbeat!!

Install of shift boot adapter:
- pull down shift boot and take off the shift knob
- remove the big trim piece surrounding the shift knob area
- flip the oem shift boot adapter inside out and cut off the zip ties
- install new shift boot adapter and zip tie it tight
- install trim back on center console

pictures stolen from Ryan!

Install of shift knob:
- pretty easy....get shift boot out of the way, screw off current shift knob, install adapter (the silver was an old design...you just screw down the black one) all the way to the bottom and tighten
- to set the height of the shift knob, you turn the small inside screw to get the right height and then loctite locks it into place
- thread on shift knob until it's fully seated and then adjust the height of the internal screw slightly to get the shift gate pattern aligned correctly

ignore bottom silver adapter

Pictures: (please excuse my crappy pics, they don't do the shift knob justice!!)

Last edited by thoiboi; 07-18-2017 at 01:18 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by sockr1:
Costco (04-26-2017), ryanfett (04-28-2017), WDPanda (04-26-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 04:47 AM
3 2 GONE

Received 237 Likes on 193 Posts
How much $$? And where did you get that phone holder?
Old 04-27-2017, 08:21 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ATLS_666
How much $$? And where did you get that phone holder?
check their website for pricing, they have different options ao pricing changes based on finish and what you want

phone holder is proclipusa, they make solid holders!! They offer three mounting locations that clip into the TL
The following users liked this post:
ATLS_666 (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 09:54 AM
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Thank you very much for this write up. You posted something awhile ago about your initial purchase and I have been following their page every since. I have also been looking at TWM performance. But this just looks sexy as fuk.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:02 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 314_04TL
Thank you very much for this write up. You posted something awhile ago about your initial purchase and I have been following their page every since. I have also been looking at TWM performance. But this just looks sexy as fuk.
you're welcome...yea i slacked on the review haha, had way too many things going on (like that huge nexus install)!

man, i can't tell you how many different shift knobs i want to buy from racenseng. they came out with a new extended height circuit series and i swear that makes me want to start auto x'ing my car
Old 04-27-2017, 10:31 AM
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by sockr1
you're welcome...yea i slacked on the review haha, had way too many things going on (like that huge nexus install)!

man, i can't tell you how many different shift knobs i want to buy from racenseng. they came out with a new extended height circuit series and i swear that makes me want to start auto x'ing my car

I hear you on that one. I absolutely love the translucent blue colors they have
Old 04-27-2017, 08:07 PM
-------Tim-------

Received 609 Likes on 513 Posts
Wish I had a 6MT, that knob looks Great!

Did you get the console base for that phone holder? More pics?
Old 04-27-2017, 08:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Looks good!
Old 04-27-2017, 08:40 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
Steven, you're still around? ��
Old 04-28-2017, 07:17 AM
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 90 Posts
awww yeah!

Nice write up man. Definitely one of my favorite mods to date so far
Old 03-21-2020, 08:15 PM
UA6MT

Received 252 Likes on 139 Posts
Bump! Dave convinced me to get a Slammer. Brushed finish, engraving, and shift boot collar. Absolutely love this thing!

The following users liked this post:
sockr1 (03-22-2020)