Sponsored by:

Removing Door Panel w/ Window Glass Up

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 07:16 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Question Removing Door Panel w/ Window Glass Up

Hey Everyone,

Well guess what! Looks like the same old 3G TL problems from 2004 haven't changed a bit.

I had a relatively high grade ceramic tint installed this week by a reputable tint company with excellent reviews. I specifically asked for moleskin/felt install, and they not only knew what it was, but agreed to do it for $30.

Long story short, they cut my GD inner weatherstrip instead. And didn't think I would ever notice/find out i guess? Except it sounds like a wind-tunnel inside the cockpit now.

Now I have to buy OEM parts for $80 to replace the damage and install felt myself... you know the drill. I have seen it in plenty of old threads happen to other people.

Can I pop the door panels with the windows up, just to remove the old seals and put new ones in? I dont plan on detaching any wires/harness, just pull the plastic tabs and create enough clearance to make the swap. I get the new inner seals tomorrow, but my windows don't cure till Monday. Plus I would like to install felt before rolling the windows down, even once.

I have spent over an hour in the 3G garage and searching old content for an answer to this question, so don't give me too much grief. Thanks!