Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear deck buzzes like a mofo.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I got my car back.

First, the window with the regulator replacement didn't have the one touch feature working. I called Curry up and he told me to roll the window all the way down and then all the way up to reset it. That took care of that. No more rattle or click click from that window anymore.

I checked the rear for the buzzing during idle. That buzz was completely gone. Silent as can be. BUT, when I went to turn on the stereo, I heard the rattle. Not the buzz from the seatbelt but the rattle in the rear deck. This was still there. It only happens on certain songs that have crazy bass. I called Curry back, they said to bring the car back on the 14th of this month because thats the earliest they will have a loaner ready. They said that they would try to pad the rear deack to keep it from rattling. Hopefully this will be the last time I'll have to go in for the rattles.

Even though they didn't fully get rid of the rattles for me on this visit, I was still satisfied with how they treated me. They seem willing to work with my car until my problems are resolved.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:04 PM
Pro

Ok, time for an update.

Its been some time since I last took the car in. They decided not to work on the rear deck. They first started by telling me that the buzz from loud bass was normal. He showed me by taking a CD in my car and putting it into another TL and it reproduced the same buzz with the same songs. Now, I can understand when they say if another TL does it, then it ain't broken. But the way I look at it is, all TL's should not be doing it. It is a defect in the product that should be addressed either by the dealer or more importantly, ACURA.

The service manager said that they wouldn't work on it because if they decided to take the rear apart, it may loosen up other things thereby causing other things to rattle. I was fed up at that point with his BS. I mean, why do they have trained technicians for if they can't take things apart and put them back together correctly. Might as well have any old mechanic working there... :sqntfawk:
He suggested that I call Acura Customer service and tell them about the problem so that it gets documented and maybe they will come up with a TSB for it.
Well, I'm going to call them this week. I suggest everyone call them also. Maybe we can get something worked out about this.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Instructor

Hukashi,

You mentioned that they found a problem with the center seat belt actuator but they had to order a part to fix it. Do you know exactly what part they ordered and what was broken? I'm having a similiar problem. Did they have to remove your back seat to install this new part they ordered? Thanks for the update, sorry to hear that they aren't willing to fix the buzzing though.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:34 PM
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner

Received 204 Likes on 126 Posts
I have the same problem with the rear deck and songs with a lot of bass. Noticed it with only 3 miles on the car. Hopefully the dealer can fix it.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
missed this thread when it started -- my rear deck has a "bump" in the middle visible from outside (looking through rear window). I've ignored it since I *don't* have a rattle... (talk about fear of fixing).
Old 07-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Racer

I have the rear deck rattle too. I will try trouble shooting later after work with some of the ideas you all have posted.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Goldglv
Hukashi,

You mentioned that they found a problem with the center seat belt actuator but they had to order a part to fix it. Do you know exactly what part they ordered and what was broken? I'm having a similiar problem. Did they have to remove your back seat to install this new part they ordered? Thanks for the update, sorry to hear that they aren't willing to fix the buzzing though.
As for the part that they replaced, on the invoice I got, it says;

1 04823-sep-A00ZA Buckle Set *NH167L*

I think it did require them to remove the rear seats though.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:42 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know this post is old but my 'buzzing' drove me so insane that I took the entire rear interior and trunk apart and placed foam and tweaked the metal stampings and isolated the sub with high density foam. I also removed the center seat retractor as I NEVER have anyone in the middle seat. It's not a minivan after all. I also stuffed foam between the decklid and the structure that houses the speakers. I tested it for rattles with everything removed and continued to test it after installing each piece of trim and added foam until any new rattles were attenuated. I had to take it back apart several times to get it right. This was a problem from day one with these cars and I performed many TSBs when they first came out that I could do it in my sleep. I still have a slight buzz at certain frequencies but it is livable for now. I am waiting on the new Yelawolf cd to cone out so I'm sure I'll find new buzzes as Trunk Muzic is what started me tearing my car apart in the first place. Good luck guys!