Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up 08 TL. 2 questions I can't find in Search

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picked up 08 TL. 2 questions I can't find in Search

Hey guys, it's been 6 years since I owned an Acura, but I decided to pick up an 08 TL this weekend. So far so good. I was able to find some pics in the search for installing the trunk cargo net. Acura could really take a page from Audi on cargo nets (bet you can never guess what I was driving these last 6 years). Anyway, thanks to whoever posted those. Huge help.
My first question is on the Auto Headlamp Feature. I have played with On-Board Computer for quite a while and have it set to 15 seconds after vehicle is turned off. However, it doesn't matter what I have it set to. As soon as I turn the car off the lights turn off. Am I missing something?
My second question is about the Day-time running lights. I am not a fan of them. Once again, wish Acura would give you a choice to have them on like Audi does. The only time I like them on is when I'm on a road trip on 2-lane highways. Anyway, I am wondering if there is a fuse I can pull that will disable them. And if there is, will it start throwing fault codes if it's pulled?
Those are the only 2 things I couldn't find in the search. I really like the car and I obviously am comparing it to my Audi's, which I have owned several in the last 6 years. I think this car stacks up great to just about every car out there. And this forum sure has grown in my absence. I appreciate everyone's time and help. Thanks!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
Hey, welcome to AZ

I'm assuming the search is still indexing as I can't find any of my threads regarding your questions.

To your question number 1, when you set the setting using your steering wheel controls and in the MID display, do you follow the instructions to hit save settings?

Question 2 - unfortunately most of us do not like the DRL feature. You can't pull the fuse, and you really can't replace the bulb to make it brighter as all will result with a warning light of the bulbs being out. We have researched a bit here at Azine and came up with a replacement LED bulb http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/P...id/0/SFV/32481 You wil basically get a nice white light, but in the day time, the light is too weak, and it looks like the DRLs are off, which I love.

There is a huge thread on this with pictures, which I can't seem to find. Maybe others can provide the links.

Last edited by TeknoKing; 08-26-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Cruisin'

Tek,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I will check out the led lights and see what I think. As for saving the settings, yes I am doing that. So I am going to assume there is something wrong with my car, at least with that feature. Oh well..... sucks to have to take it in already, but it could be much worse. Thanks again for the reply.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Intermediate

the auto off feature of the lights only works when you have the lights in the "ON" position, not Auto.

It works like the follow-me-home feature. You basically leave your lights on, and they turn off automatically after the set time. Handy if you're forgetfull too..

And yes.. this is my first post. I have an '08 TL as well
Old 08-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
These are the leds for the DRL. On a sunny day they aren't that noticable.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TypeSDragon
These are the leds for the DRL. On a sunny day they aren't that noticable.

I actually talked to the guy at the VLEDs site. He told me there are new/brighter bulbs available, as well as a brand-new adapter for TL's that will stop the flickering issues etc. I haven't pinged him in a few weeks about it. Going to check in soon.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks for posting the pictures. I defnitely like that. Did you have to put resistors in too?
Old 08-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
like BananaChipz said, i think they need to be set to "on", and also, i think for mine if i hit the "lock" once it locks the doors and keeps the lights on. but if i hit "lock" twice and i hear the beep, the lights turn right off....i think.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Cruisin'

blkaspec,

You are correct. That's exactly how mine work too. I guess now that that's answered I will debate whether or not to do the LED DRL's. I want to figure out if I have to put resistors to them or not first though. Thanks again for all of the help.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 08-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisfast
blkaspec,

You are correct. That's exactly how mine work too. I guess now that that's answered I will debate whether or not to do the LED DRL's. I want to figure out if I have to put resistors to them or not first though. Thanks again for all of the help.

No need for resistors. Just take out the stock bulbs and replace with the v-leds and you are set to go.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:29 PM
DAFRANCHISE69

AUDI?? LOL, Ive said it once Ill say it again. The Acura TL is the best car in the world.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by FR4NCH1SE
AUDI?? LOL, Ive said it once Ill say it again. The Acura TL is the best car in the world.
Definitely a subjective opinion, but sense I also own a TL now I won't argue....... too much. :wink:
Old 09-08-2008, 06:08 PM
10th Gear

Just picked up my TL last week and couldn't figure this out either.
I checked the owners manual today and it clearly says that the feature should work with the lights set to parking lights, ON, or AUTO. My info display shows it is set to 30 seconds but its not working. I swear it worked the first couple days of having the car but since I've been saving my personalized settings it isn't working anymore.

My first question is on the Auto Headlamp Feature. I have played with On-Board Computer for quite a while and have it set to 15 seconds after vehicle is turned off. However, it doesn't matter what I have it set to. As soon as I turn the car off the lights turn off. Am I missing something?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TampaTSX
Just picked up my TL last week and couldn't figure this out either.
I checked the owners manual today and it clearly says that the feature should work with the lights set to parking lights, ON, or AUTO. My info display shows it is set to 30 seconds but its not working. I swear it worked the first couple days of having the car but since I've been saving my personalized settings it isn't working anymore.

Set your lights to full "ON" position.. Then it will work..